Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gara View Post
    Anyone else verify this? It would be pretty nifty to just dump the 5% in a ring and then keep crafting a new version as I level.

Anyone else want to weigh in on optimal item placement? Curious to see where everyone is slotting this as they TR.

just recraft these into whatever I need in glove slot as I level.

used (Mantle + Voice) I already had at TR then picked up a new Mantle and Voice on my way thru Threnal and Delera's this life. Too easy.

Slotted Augments do persist thru Disjuction and these gloves grew to fit my build as I leveled.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

So... does anyone know if there exist BTA items with a colourless slot?

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Anyone else verify this? It would be pretty nifty to just dump the 5% in a ring and then keep crafting a new version as I level.

Anyone else want to weigh in on optimal item placement? Curious to see where everyone is slotting this as they TR.
    I crafted a feather falling ring with colorless slot. If you give that masterful craftmanship, it's ML 1 with the augment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    So... does anyone know if there exist BTA items with a colourless slot?
    Yeah, that's the dream.

I ransacked bookbinder's trying to pull BTA boots with a colorless, but none of them dropped any augment. (BTA ML1 FF Boots w/Master's Gift would be sweetness.)

A guildie reported he's seen a BTA lootgen with an augment slot but I haven't ever seen it. I remain skeptical.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Just discovered these: Black Widow Bracers

Granted, ML3, named so no crafting, and the +4AC they grant soon looses its shine, but they ARE BTA, and at least ML3 is better than ML5

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Now we just need a brave soul to test slotting a gift iof the master in it to see if it stays BTA or becomes BTC.

I would be tempted to use bracers since all my toons use bracers for STR, it really depends on what else you wanted to put on it I guess.

Stoner81.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Now we just need a brave soul to test slotting a gift iof the master in it to see if it stays BTA or becomes BTC.
    Frankly, I don't doubt it will stay bta. But before I can test it I need to get a mantle of the worldshaper, and that means getting a party together first. I'll happily post the results here later.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Has anyone found a BTA random lootgen item with a colorless augment slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Does the Jewelers tool kit remove this Artifact without error?

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Neil View Post
    why is it titled enhancement? This word, simply titled, enhancement probably does not stack with what we already have. Why is it not Artifact?
    or for lack of a better word, god enhancement.

This is junk if it does not stack with everything, except the same thing on a different item of course does not stack.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    why is it titled enhancement? This word, simply titled, enhancement probably does not stack with what we already have. Why is it not Artifact?
    or for lack of a better word, god enhancement.

This is junk if it does not stack with everything, except the same thing on a different item of course does not stack.
    The only things this doesn't stack with (and is not supposed to) is the voice of the master item, mantle of worldshaper, and the pale green ioun stone. It's meant to give you more flexibility with where you slot your bonus not give you even more of a bonus then you could get before.

someone actually slots that thing? I think of it as more of a switch in for 20 seconds while your beating the hell outa something at the end of quest.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    someone actually slots that thing? I think of it as more of a switch in for 20 seconds while your beating the hell outa something at the end of quest.
    I usually run with the VOM in the trinket slot, but lately I've had lots of trinket swapping, and have experienced multiple times when I forget to put on the VOM. Being slightly obsessive, this drive me nuts. I know it's a small impact, but it's the thought of not squeezing out that extra 5%.
    Also, I prefer as few item/gear swap if possible.

My plan is to slot this onto a ring, keep it on and forget about it. I was set to do it, but thought, is there a BTA random loot gen ring with an augment slot? Now I must know before I can proceed.

I'll probably run the Sharn Syndicate quests a few times and see what pops up.
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by LFKnowledge View Post

My plan is to slot this onto a ring, keep it on and forget about it. I was set to do it, but thought, is there a BTA random loot gen ring with an augment slot? Now I must know before I can proceed.
    It would not matter. If you add this augment to any BTA item it automatically becomes BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    It would not matter. If you add this augment to any BTA item it automatically becomes BTC.
    No, it doesn't. Like ALL add-on btc effects (bound crafting shards, bind & attune in stone of change, etc...) if the item was already BTA it stays BTA.

Slotting gift into a BTA item doesn't make it BTC. It stays BTA.

LFKnowledge, you might consider trying to farm up two gifts. A pair of lootgen boots with a colorless for gift will still be ML1 if you apply feather falling and masterful. That's a solid pair of boots up through around level 7 for any alt.

Then a second gift for a bta ring that you can pass around to everyone and recraft from 7-20 would be sweetness, though I often wear two named rings on my alts so I'd probably go for goggles, bracers or cloak instead.

I still just use the Voice as my default trinket, even in epic levels. +1 to all saves/skills is handy, since I don't have any +1 luck augments slotted, and haven't found a +2.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    IIRC the Voice and the Mantle both have MLs higher than lvl 1.

When I TRed my artie, I'm pretty sure that I was wearing the Gift in a feather falling ring.

It's nice being able to snear when people say "voices" at the end of a quest.

Community Member

LFKnowledge, you might consider trying to farm up two gifts. A pair of lootgen boots with a colorless for gift will still be ML1 if you apply feather falling and masterful. That's a solid pair of boots up through around level 7 for any alt.

Then a second gift for a bta ring that you can pass around to everyone and recraft from 7-20 would be sweetness, though I often wear two named rings on my alts so I'd probably go for goggles, bracers or cloak instead.

I have all three of those slots taken already.
    My plan is to first find the BTA lootgen ring (if it exists).
    Then do L1 FeatherFall. As I level up, add Persuasion. Then leave it alone until next life.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

No, it doesn't. Like ALL add-on btc effects (bound crafting shards, bind & attune in stone of change, etc...) if the item was already BTA it stays BTA.
    Correct. It took me a while to get the mantle and 5 raid tokens to create the gift (and to hunt for bta craftable items with a slot, but no luck there), but in the meantime I did get a Robe of Duality (ML2, AC3, False Life, +2 casterlevel for L1 spells) which is even better than the abovementioned bracers (ML3, AC4).
    Today, I first crafted the Gift, then slotted it into the robe, and for final confirmation passed it on to my bank toon. My next TR will be quite happy with it

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast