Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New named augment: Gift of the Master (Upgrade of the Voice + Mantle)

- A new named Augment called the Gift of the Master can now be created at the Altar of Epic Rituals near The Twelve by combining the Voice of the Master, Mantle of the Worldshaper, and five Greater Tokens of the Twelve. This item can be placed into any Colorless Augment Slot and provides a +5% Enhancement Bonus to all earned Experience Points. Using this augment on an item will permanently make the item Bound to Character.

For those who haven't seen it yet. It's pretty cool imho. What's its ML thou?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Is this the epic voice of the master that we were promised?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Pretty much yes.

*maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Doubtful.

Looks like you can take the 5% and put it on any item, freeing up your trinket slot. Then use a jeweler's to get it back out and move it to another slot when you outgrow the old item.

I'm betting ML 5, since that's what the voice/mantle are.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member The_Great_Neil's Avatar

Default augment

You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Nice.

*maybe

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Meh, I'm throwing away 5 charges of absorption so I don't have to remember to put my "voices on" when 99% of the time in good groups someone says "voices" and I'm already in the habit anyway even if they didn't?

That's a pretty expensive opportunity cost for laziness IMO... Now if the augment also gave you those 5 charges.

Maybe I'm the only one but when I'm running stuff with heavy neg leveling mobs I really enjoy having a Silver flame Talisman, Mantle and a Jeweled cloak. Even if just to swap in once the other gets used up.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.

double post because of sh!t forum move along nothing to see here if the mods get tired of double posts maybe they'll fix this mess.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Meh, I'm throwing away 5 charges of absorption so I don't have to remember to put my "voices on" when 99% of the time in good groups someone says "voices" and I'm already in the habit anyway even if they didn't?

That's a pretty expensive opportunity cost for laziness IMO... Now if the augment also gave you those 5 charges.

Maybe I'm the only one but when I'm running stuff with heavy neg leveling mobs I really enjoy having a Silver flame Talisman, Mantle and a Jeweled cloak. Even if just to swap in once the other gets used up.
    Well you lose the charges but gain whatever you want to put in the slot instead?

Plus, nothing to stop you from getting ANOTHER Mantle, if you just want it to swap in for the absorb..? The augment doesnt exclude the item

What happened to my True Seeing set bonus?

Personally I slotted it into my jeweled cloak, making a nice upgrade from the mantle. No fuss, no muss
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Is it the same type of bonus from mantle and/or voice? or is it different making the 2 5% stack

Edit: Nevermind got my answer from using the new and improved dev tracker and saw cordovan state they dont stack and are just like that to free up different slots.
    Last edited by debo; 05-22-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    What happened to my True Seeing set bonus?
    It's still there. Shhh.

You just need to re-acquire the items that you sacrificed to gain the option to transfer your 5% XP bonus to another item.
    Or you need to be able to UMD True Seeing scrolls to work around the issue.

Or if you are perfectly happy with your gear options at the moment, then you can completely ignore all of this change that will not affect you in the slightest.

it only frees up a slot if you wear voice through an entire quest, which you only do because you screwed up and forgot to put your good trinket back on. Or you haven't yet got anything good. In which case the last thing you want to do is delete your Mantle.

Seriously this thing is a solution with no problem. Worse yet it's going to cost you a jewelers tool kit when you inevitably upgrade whatever item you put it in.

Give it true seeing or 5 charges and I love it, leave it as is and it's the definition of meh turning two useful items into one less useful item that in the near future will probably need an expensive item to remove because you upgraded.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-22-2013 at 07:55 PM.

it only frees up a slot if you wear voice through an entire quest, which you only do because you screwed up and forgot to put your good trinket back on. Or you haven't yet got anything good. In which case the last thing you want to do is delete your Mantle.

Seriously this thing is a solution with no problem. Worse yet it's going to cost you a jewelers tool kit when you inevitably upgrade whatever item you put it in.

Give it true seeing or 5 charges and I love it, leave it as is and it's the definition of meh turning two useful items into one less useful item that in the near future will probably need an expensive item to remove because you upgraded.
    Fully entitled to your opinion, of course, however there's many of us who completely disagree; and why bother with a jewelers kit? You (or at least I) can re-earn the ingredients faster than I could grind up the TP. Use those for pulling Vitallity augments from Minos helms
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

it only frees up a slot if you wear voice through an entire quest, which you only do because you screwed up and forgot to put your good trinket back on. Or you haven't yet got anything good.
    Or you remember that keeping the voice equipped 24/7 give you extra XP from optionals, explorer, rares, and slayers. While people almost always remember to inform the others about equipping voice at the end of the quest, they don't do it on optionals. Run a VoN 3 or Shadow Crypt with voice on all the time, and another switching up only at the end. Check how much XP you are losing.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

This is a total bs reply to what was previously posted.

Are you somehow missing the point that this is an option that you can use or not use as you see fit?

You can slot this into any ML1 colourless augment slot. So if you really think about it ... maybe you can get this into an item before ML 5 ??? Maybe worth thinking about. It might even end up like some of those Crystal Cove or House C items that you have multiple versions at different levels ... if that is what YOU so choose.

But at the end of the day, if you don't like the option this offers then just ignore it and quest on?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-22-2013 at 08:28 PM.

I view this as a third crafted item for leveling: guild hp, guild sp, xp bonus. I'll find a slot that will be crafted <whatever> on a character from 1 to 20 and use a coloreless augment blank. That way I get 5% xp 24/7 and only lose 2 levels on the crafted gear's power, but it will scale as I level.

A second "final location" epic item isn't too much; two mantles, two voices and 10 raid tokens? Done and done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    But at the end of the day, if you don't like the option this offers then just ignore it and quest on?
    I will. Most people will. But the disappointment that it's an almost good option lingers. If we have to farm two items, burn them both, and spend raid tokens for this thing, is it really too OP to keep the other bonuses? Is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    I will. Most people will. But the disappointment that it's an almost good option lingers. If we have to farm two items, burn them both, and spend raid tokens for this thing, is it really too OP to keep the other bonuses? Is it really?
    Hmmm....

Would it be op to have a no min level colorless augment that gives all of the following:
    5% xp boost
    +1 Luck
    5 charges spell absorption
    Regeneration - 1 HP/min
    True Seeing

Survey says... YES!... yes it would.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast