Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    Saw it contained Bladeforged Iconic Hero, neat, a perm hireling, I need that!.
    Iconic Hero is NOT a hireling.

Iconic Hero is a new Class ( and Race )... well a new set of Class ( and Race ) once the expansion comes out.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

On a related note, the loading screen featuring the expansion is a bit misleading.

It lists the owlbear hireling as one of the immediate ingame bonus if you prepurchase the expansion - rather than saying it is part of an optional upgrade you can purchase at the same time as ordering the expansion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I wonder if you can have the level 17 and level 24 summoned at the same time?

Having a druid running around with all 3 plus the wolf + another summon from a spell + another from epic destiny would be amusing even if it's not likely to be effective at level 22+.
    I'll love it if I can have a vendor hireling, panther, and two owlbears rolling as a one man posse. Who needs a party???

Seriously, Panther was well worth the Collector Edition last time at least to me. With the lone exception being EE content, a lvl24 fvs hireling and the panther hold their own against most every form of content if you know how to manage them. As far as the value of permanent hirelings, they are amoritized over time, so they're relative value to their original cost only increases the more you use them. Since the Panther has seen virtually no decrease in it's value relative to content its useful in (content which still gets run often), I'd say they're generally a good deal.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

will the Iconics and quests be free to vip when the pack is released in august?

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    And it says those tomes are bound to account....
    sounds like a bad day for my alts.....
    Well better News for my ALTS.... the tomes of skill are, different from what is advertised, bound to character!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

No chance for the expansion to be free for VIP. This is not an updated but expansion like MOTU. I also doubt that the 4 new set character Iconics, will be free to VIP either. Most likely you will be able to get with points though. I don't think that I would buy the premium set unless it had the owlbear in it. 49$ seems high. If you also have to pay the 39 for the legendary upgrade, it is what MOTU was and that gave so much more not only in content but perks. I definitely won't waste my money. If I cave in the most I will probably spend is the 29$ set, but really wait a year and it will all go on sale for 5$ like last expansion. Why do I need cosmetic ****. Give me good content, minimal bugs and well thought out systems before they are implemented.

Perhaps those in charge don't read the trade mags. WOW lost 1mil customers after their latest expansion. Expansions are not always good for the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123