Thread: Price

Community Member

Post Price

for all those who are complaining that SC is not worth that money, or for those who cant decide.

I used price for pets 350tp (average price for pets in ddo store), 500tp adv.packs (av.price in ddo store) and 150tp for cos.armors (cheapest one in ddo store). AND all per server and per character items I count just once, so real value of ex.packs is much higher. owlbear hirelings I didnt count also becouse there is no price for such a thing.

Collectors edition contains stuff for 12820 TP for 50$ (11000 TP cost 99$ in store)
    Standard edition contains stuff for 7080 TP for 30$ (6300 TP cost 60$ in store)
    Legendary update (price without owlbears - they are priceless) contains stuff for 5125 TP for 30$ (5000TP cost 50$ in store)

I also dont need or want some fo stuff in package, but regardless, its good deal.

if someone want, i can write down whole list with prices for each item.

Why should vips buy a bunch of junk they dont want just to get access to content they should get for free?

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Why should vips buy a bunch of junk they dont want just to get access to content they should get for free?
    as VIP you should get only those adv.packs, and maybe iconics (also FS isnt free for VIP as far as I know). and thats only 5000TP value for coll. and 3000TP for standard.

and dont ask me why, 1 Im not VIP so I dont care (I was but I dont have time for VIP so premium is better for me), 2. Im not turbine 3. maybe for same reason that I must pay for each Skyrim addon even I paid for original one?

in every game, you pay for original (like DDO, starcraft 2,homm6), but if you wanna addon you must pay for it again ( like SC or MotU, SC2-data, homm6 data,...) or you must buy those platinum editions....I know, its different, coz you pay every month, but i see it this way.

and OP isnt about why must VIP pay for it, its about the price of product, it hurted my wallet, lot of stuff i will never use, but as I showed it was good deal for package of that value, thats all.

OP, you sound like one of those people that says, "OOOOOOOO, its on sale for $20 off, I must buy 10 so I can save $200!!!"

Yeah, if you would have bought 10 anyway. If you are buying stuff you wouldn't normally have bought then you saved nothing and its a bad deal.

As for VIP, its always a bad deal for them every time Turbine screws them with one of these "expansions" that are just 2 packs squished together.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    OP, you sound like one of those people that says, "OOOOOOOO, its on sale for $20 off, I must buy 10 so I can save $200!!!"

Yeah, if you would have bought 10 anyway. If you are buying stuff you wouldn't normally have bought then you saved nothing and its a bad deal.

As for VIP, its always a bad deal for them every time Turbine screws them with one of these "expansions" that are just 2 packs squished together.
    no Im not that type I would never buy cosmetic stuff for TP. i buy only adv.packs, classes and races. all i write here is that package have value of almost 13k TP and cost only 50$ while same amount of TP cost twice.
    just those packs, char.slots, 2000TP are worth litle more than 50$ if you buy them reguraly ( if each pack will cost only 500TP). so for f2p and pf2p players like me its a very good deal, even if i dont save those 5$, i have lot of free stuff for free. if you understand.

I just wrote down the value of those 3 products, and you must admit that value of those items in package cost normaly twice of that price.
    imho, nobody force you to buy it, if there is nothing worth for you, you dont have reason to buy it. but also you dont have reason to complain then. and if you want that stuff, you dont have reason to complain neither becouse in that case its a good deal.
    the only stupid thing is that owlbears (perm.gold.hire) are in that leg.update which you cant buy without exp.pack. (in case that those are the only thing you want)
    and about VIP...its different whit each player, what are you using those TP you get per month? if I was still VIP i would have now thousands of TP coz i dont buy anything than adv.pack, class, races and MM, which you as VIP already have.
    maybe i would buy skull hat for my PM, and ninja hood for my assasin, but nothing else. and if you buy cosmetics, pets and tomes, etc. do you pay them just from those 500TP per month or you buy additional TP?

you cant say its a bad deal, its just not interesting deal for some players. (not everybody is VIP, not everybody have already all adv.packs.)
    btw by the amount of pseudodragons in Eveningstar lately, its look like a good deal for lot of people yesterday it looked like dragon hatchery there

While i know some werent happy with the back i hear a lot of my friends who enjoyed some of the stuff. They didnt buy it for the companions or cosmetics. they liked the skill tomes for every toon and future the free lesser epic tomes etc. more slots more tp etc. they even liked the iconics. why because they're regular players not min max type. I even told them there wouldnt be a raid and guess what they still bought the collectors with legendary upgrade.

So while some customers think its **** others actually enjoy it. Its like the otto box. A lot of people only want the stone when someone like me enjoys everything else inside. So just because someone thinks its **** there might be plenty of others still buying it.

We don't know the exact prices yet, but if the epic xp tomes are going to cost same TP like the heroic ones the upgrade is good enough if you have 4 toons on a server which you would buy these tomes anyways. Skill tomes... make the calculation look even better but I doubt anyone would pay 500TP for +3 to one skill, the only skill where this might usefull is umd and maybe search, dd for a rogue but everyone else shouldn't need these +3 or notice any big difference.

I think the main problem for most players might be, that other games expansions cost the same money but seem to have more content inside.

And raising max level without adding new endgame content doesn't fit too well together, that makes this expansion look like something turbine didn't really think through.

I bought the expansion because I'd like to have 2 of the iconics as soon as they can be TRed/LRed anyways and some new lvl 17 quests are nice also because there are not much quests in lvl range 17-20 that I really like. And since I have 4-5 toons on one server which would get epic xp tomes anyways even the legendary upgrade is worth it for me.

But even if I spend my money on it I am not really happy what turbine is doing with this current expansion, but they managed to pack enough perks into the packs that many players are going to buy it anyways. I still hope Turbine reads and thinks about the complaining threads and doesn't only look how many prepurchas packs they could sell.