Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Question Devs: Where are the TP cards in stores?

I've been trying to find them since U16. They seem to have disappeared from stores, when I ask the clerks they tell me that the cards aren't in their database.

Stores I have checked:
    Wal-Mart
    Gamestop
    Target
    Best Buy

I live near your headquarters in Massachusetts for a general area of where else I might look.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

If you are having trouble finding the cards, you can always get Turbine Point codes and game time cards at the DDO Market. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you are having trouble finding the cards, you can always get Turbine Point codes and game time cards at the DDO Market. Thanks!
    That kind of defeats the purpose. Some of us like to use cash.

Community Member

AS far as I know they are still on the shelves in Canada. I just bought a 2k TP point card at Future Shop for $25 CAD.

Community Member

Around December, the cards were being removed from the shelves to be replaced with a generic Turbine card. Yes, December is the worst month to remove gift cards from the shelves. And no, I've not seen nor heard of these generic Turbine cards since the removal of the old cards were written about in the forums.

I suspect that Turbine wants us to the DDOMarket. But as Satyriasys pointed out, it defeats the purpose of gift card users. One, many people still prefer to work with cash and the cards solve that problem. Second, they make great stocking stuffers and birthday gifts. The DDOMarket doesn't help players that use cards in these ways.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Around December, the cards were being removed from the shelves to be replaced with a generic Turbine card. Yes, December is the worst month to remove gift cards from the shelves. And no, I've not seen nor heard of these generic Turbine cards
    This is untrue. Cards marked as usable on LoTRO AND DDO will not work on DDO, thus, no generic points card.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Important information regarding Turbine Point codes (have added this to the original post as well):
    • It is no longer possible to use a LOTRO points code in DDO, and vice versa.
    • Retail turbine points cards listed as usable for either DDO or LOTRO can't be redeemed for DDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    This is untrue. Cards marked as usable on LoTRO AND DDO will not work on DDO, thus, no generic points card.
    No. What I stated was true. I can't find the post, but when it was brought up in December that the DDO game cards and LOTRO game cards were being removed from brick-and-mortar stores, one of the Devs stated that they would soon be replaced with a generic Turbine card that could be used in any Turbine game. Those generic Turbine cards have never appeared.

Community Member

Default No, it is not.

No. What I stated was true. I can't find the post, but when it was brought up in December that the DDO game cards and LOTRO game cards were being removed from brick-and-mortar stores, one of the Devs stated that they would soon be replaced with a generic Turbine card that could be used in any Turbine game. Those generic Turbine cards have never appeared.
    Your elusive post from December is trumped by the quote I posted that was posted in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Important information regarding Turbine Point codes (have added this to the original post as well):
    • It is no longer possible to use a LOTRO points code in DDO, and vice versa.
    • Retail turbine points cards listed as usable for either DDO or LOTRO can't be redeemed for DDO.
    Click the blue arrow after Tolero's name if you want to see for yourself.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

I bought a LOTRO card from WalMart last week and used it in the DDO store. It worked fine. I know the powers that be say that it won't, but apparently it does.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Your elusive post from December is trumped by the quote I posted that was posted in February.
    My elusive post was actually in November. I was able to find it via Google. It was posted by Tolero: "If they're going to rely on the new bundled card, that would make sense. The new cards are supposed to be more "turbine" branded than one game or the other, so likely they'd have to change signage to match the revised card name. Ultimately though it is up to them how they place (or don't) place merchandise.

Of course having people keep asking them about the cards probably helps keep them motivated to stock in that region"

This thread is one of several thousand that don't appear in the new forums, but it can be viewed via: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Community Member

My elusive post was actually in November. I was able to find it via Google. It was posted by Tolero: "If they're going to rely on the new bundled card, that would make sense. The new cards are supposed to be more "turbine" branded than one game or the other, so likely they'd have to change signage to match the revised card name. Ultimately though it is up to them how they place (or don't) place merchandise.

Of course having people keep asking them about the cards probably helps keep them motivated to stock in that region"

This thread is one of several thousand that don't appear in the new forums, but it can be viewed via: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Correct, but after that was made, apparently management had a better idea and was changed in February. Personally, I have a feeling the market share of people buying DDO cards is so small from management running off the player base that there will be no new DDO cards, we are the wart covered red headed stepchild at Turbine HQ. This is just my gut feeling on the cards and why they have been 7 months without shipping DDO cards to retailers that previously stocked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Buy a Visa/Mastercard debit-style gift card in a local supermarket and buy TP with those.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default The Nor Cal Scene

I live in northern CA.

Target and Walmart here do not sell Turbine cards. The Gamestop had a **** ton of them, but they were all expired and could not be sold.

I did this leg work one month ago. I wanted to give the card as a gift to someone in Europe.

So, I went to the supermarket and bought a $25 VISA Debit gift card. Most gift cards purchased in the US can only be used in the US. I read the label and bought it anyway. As it turns out my buddy in Europe was unable to use the card, because he can only purchase Turbine points in British pounds online.

My buddy sent several tickets for help to Turbine and got back the lamest responses. He gave up. I let my room mate use the gift card and he was able to get $19.99 in TPs with no problem. Unfortunately he doesn't game much. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and I should have used the card myself

I still have the desire to help my buddy get the Underdark. I looked into buying point codes from the DDO Marketplace, but they are in US dollars and not pounds, so I don't know if my buddy will have the same problem with point codes purchased in US dollars when he tries to redeem them in Europe?

Turbine did not offer any useful info. in their responses. I find it amusing that Turbine chose to shrug off $25 the way they did. Yes, they still got some of it thru my room mate, but that's not the point. The point is its unusual in my experiences for a business to turn down money like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I got surprised with tax when I went to buy the MotU Collector's Edition preorder. There is no way to check the exact price WITH tax BEFORE having to input your credit info which is a huge burden to those who must pay tax on purchases in the market while using prepaid cards. I bought a Simon Malls AmEx gift card for that purchase and the requirement of my address gave me problems because I couldn't register it online and had to call their customer service line.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I live in northern CA.

Target and Walmart here do not sell Turbine cards. The Gamestop had a **** ton of them, but they were all expired and could not be sold.

I did this leg work one month ago. I wanted to give the card as a gift to someone in Europe.

So, I went to the supermarket and bought a $25 VISA Debit gift card. Most gift cards purchased in the US can only be used in the US. I read the label and bought it anyway. As it turns out my buddy in Europe was unable to use the card, because he can only purchase Turbine points in British pounds online.

My buddy sent several tickets for help to Turbine and got back the lamest responses. He gave up. I let my room mate use the gift card and he was able to get $19.99 in TPs with no problem. Unfortunately he doesn't game much. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and I should have used the card myself

I still have the desire to help my buddy get the Underdark. I looked into buying point codes from the DDO Marketplace, but they are in US dollars and not pounds, so I don't know if my buddy will have the same problem with point codes purchased in US dollars when he tries to redeem them in Europe?

Turbine did not offer any useful info. in their responses. I find it amusing that Turbine chose to shrug off $25 the way they did. Yes, they still got some of it thru my room mate, but that's not the point. The point is its unusual in my experiences for a business to turn down money like that.
    I am not sure if someone has answered this but if you buy Tps direct you get a specific authorisation code that anyone wherever they live can use once given to them

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    I am not sure if someone has answered this but if you buy Tps direct you get a specific authorisation code that anyone wherever they live can use once given to them
    Thank you very much DogMania!!!

I don't make much so I don't want to flush another $25 down the toilet and I could not find an answer to that question since the forums changed.

It's the line called "Digital Rights"