I have never seen our site anywhere near this dead. As a long time poster, it saddens me that so few people actually post any longer. It has lost it's flow, its ability to draw folks here and/or to stay here.
I see no other way to revive the forum community than to revert back to the old site, before they combined the classes, preferably.
What is everyone's opinions -- and more importantly -- can you think of ways you would improve this site to make it actually work as well as the old site did.
Naturally if you like the way it is, it would be good to hear from you as well.
Here's my short list of necessary changes needed to the current site, which I'll add to based on replies:
1. The text background should go back to black, grey just messes images up with solid backgrounds.
2. The forum pane is way too small - I'd enlarge it by at least 35% at the cost of the artwork on either side.
3. Search color options are pathetic. Beige/White forces me to highlight text to read it.
4. Relentless log in requests.
5. Wont remember login for future visits. Login is maddening, staying in is worse.
6. Dev tracker broken.
7. Using game login as forum login is good for Turbine to block cheaters but opens US up for potential attack. There needs to be a better way.
8. Devs to make some posts about the upcoming changes to stir up discussion and excitement. For example, put a firm time on the enhancement pass. Early preview is good. Players are worried and don't want to muck something up. Let us know how long we have.
9. When I log on, take me back to where I was - not the freaking base page!
10. Forced to log in again after writing an in-depth post, then have to search for the thread again and lose what you typed.
11. "Edit Post" button sometimes disappears and you need to refresh.
12. When the forum auto-logs me out it tends to marks all posts as read so the "new post" button won't work.
Things we like that shouldn't be reverted back:
1. Embed videos.