Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should this new site design go bye-bye?

I have never seen our site anywhere near this dead. As a long time poster, it saddens me that so few people actually post any longer. It has lost it's flow, its ability to draw folks here and/or to stay here.

I see no other way to revive the forum community than to revert back to the old site, before they combined the classes, preferably.

What is everyone's opinions -- and more importantly -- can you think of ways you would improve this site to make it actually work as well as the old site did.

Naturally if you like the way it is, it would be good to hear from you as well.

Here's my short list of necessary changes needed to the current site, which I'll add to based on replies:

1. The text background should go back to black, grey just messes images up with solid backgrounds.

2. The forum pane is way too small - I'd enlarge it by at least 35% at the cost of the artwork on either side.

3. Search color options are pathetic. Beige/White forces me to highlight text to read it.

4. Relentless log in requests.

5. Wont remember login for future visits. Login is maddening, staying in is worse.

6. Dev tracker broken.

7. Using game login as forum login is good for Turbine to block cheaters but opens US up for potential attack. There needs to be a better way.

8. Devs to make some posts about the upcoming changes to stir up discussion and excitement. For example, put a firm time on the enhancement pass. Early preview is good. Players are worried and don't want to muck something up. Let us know how long we have.

9. When I log on, take me back to where I was - not the freaking base page!

10. Forced to log in again after writing an in-depth post, then have to search for the thread again and lose what you typed.

11. "Edit Post" button sometimes disappears and you need to refresh.

12. When the forum auto-logs me out it tends to marks all posts as read so the "new post" button won't work.

Things we like that shouldn't be reverted back:

1. Embed videos.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 06-11-2013 at 09:06 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    I have never seen our site anywhere near this dead. As a long time poster, it saddens me that so few people actually post any longer. It has lost it's flow, its ability to draw folks here and/or to stay here.

I see no other way to revive the forum community than to revert back to the old site, before they combined the classes, preferably.

What is everyone's opinions -- and more importantly -- can you think of ways you would improve this site to make it actually work as well as the old site did.

Here's my short list, which I'll add based on replies:

1. the text background should go back to black, grey just messes images up with solid backgrounds.

2. the forum pane is way too small - I'd enlarge it by at least 35% at the cost of the artwork on either side.

3. Search color options are pathetic. Beige/White forces me to highlight text to read it.

what ay taliing about. they gave us back class specific forums. No real threads in them but they're there
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    what ay taliing about. they gave us back class specific forums. No real threads in them but they're there
    Yes of course, but there's nothing in them !

Actually, I was referring to my preference of how far to go back. I preferred class specific forums instead of the grouped class forums which took much longer to research.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Not make me login every time I visit would be a start. Then followed by keep me logged in.

Most of the time now I bring it up, and just scroll through new posts without even bothering to login.

Fix the Dev Tracker.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

Here's my short list, which I'll add based on replies:

1. The text background should go back to black, grey just messes images up with solid backgrounds.

2. The forum pane is way too small - I'd enlarge it by at least 35% at the cost of the artwork on either side.

Your short list is too short by at least an additional 20 slots, You can purchase more slots in the store though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    Not make me login every time I visit would be a start. Then followed by keep me logged in.

Most of the time now I bring it up, and just scroll through new posts without even bothering to login.

Fix the Dev Tracker.
    YES! Totally forgot about the relentless login wash every 10 min(?).
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Here's my short list, which I'll add to based on replies:

4. Relentless log in requests.

5. Wont remember login for future visits.

6. Dev tracker broken.

#1 We need a dev-tracker again and we need the devs to make some posts about the upcoming changes to stir up discussion and excitement.

#2 this website colors absolutely suck... it's not fun to read it

#3 Remember me... I HATE have to log in everytime... No other discussion board I frequent makes me do this... Maybe if they hadn't connected my credit-card account to these forums, they wouldn't have to treat me like a bank web-site
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Wink

After the Failure that is Neverwinter.
    I already know a large wave of players that's going to come back to this game just to get the bad taste out of their mouths. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire1 View Post
    After the Failure that is Neverwinter.
    I already know a large wave of players that's going to come back to this game just to get the bad taste out of their mouths. lol
    Please keep organized, you are in the wrong thread with that, Shooo!

Login timer sucks.

I rarely bother here since participating in a conversation is painful. I only logged in to respond here in the hope that something may be done to improve it.

Frankly, I've been hit with barriers on the forums/community and in-game that's seriously limiting my interest. It's still a great game, but talking about it on the forums is now more trouble than its worth.
    - Change the login timer, or provide folks who want to take an informed risk to stay on for longer. A day, minimally.
    - When you log on, take me back to where I was - not the freaking base page.

Playing it is also more trouble, as the rewards are already either soft-capped/glass-ceiling or not worth the pain. I used to enjoy TRing, but now with level 28 and enhancement pass in limbo, far less motivation to re-run the same content again and again. Not the lower levels that scream by, but the repetition-zone (say 16+).
    - Give the completionists and 3x completionist guys a one time bonus. Then make TRing easier. More of us would start again as the reward (minimal) would now be worth the ED-decreased gain.
    - Put a firm time on the level cap raise, etc. Let us know when content is coming.
    - On that 2nd one, talk more. When we had the loot updates coming, I did chains to prime the end rewards. I did this because it was fun, but mostly because A DEV TOLD ME THERE WERE COOL CHANGES COMING. Now, crickets.
    - Put a firm time on the enhancement pass. Early preview is good. Now we're all worried and don't want to muck something up. Let us know how long we have, in a serious and real way ... not "soon" and not "one day".

Oh, and I've always wanted a pony.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I rarely bother here since participating in a conversation is painful. I only logged in to respond here in the hope that something may be done to improve it.
    Thanks Voodoo for the contribution. That's the only reason I did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Oh, and I've always wanted a pony.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

9. When I log on, take me back to where I was - not the freaking base page!
    It has been doing this for me every since their last update. in fact, I just did so with this reply.

But a lot of damage was done just by losing forumite history, let alone the looks and log outs. There isnt' much that can be done to salvage it right now by players.

Yeah. I've seen sites go a slow death...as the game changes...people leave. But this... Geez. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that the DDO game itself was abandoned.

This was a horrible migration. I've already vented in another thread here... shouldn't be hard to find. It is one of the only new ones since the update...

But everything you listed and others have brought up... 100% agree. Poor poor choices and not listening to the community before hand about their concerns pi$$ed a lot of people off. 1-2 punch and then the site goes buggy...

Not to mention U18 has little info about it easily available.

/sigh

I really don't know what else to say but GEEZ Turbine ***?!

Though, in my attempt to get logged back into these forums (1 week after it went live... yes I was one of the DNS casualties...) I did discover that Turbine/WB is prepping a new game Infinite Crisis. Seriously. DC based comic game.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turbine are excited to announce that Wednesday, May 8, the hotly-anticipated multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) Infinite Crisis, will start Closed Beta! Interested players are encouraged to sign up for a chance to participate at www.InfiniteCrisis.com.
    But I digress...

This site is barely on life support. I don't know how Turbine can Rez this site to get the activity, or even half of it, back again. Then when Turbine pushes their Social Media 'go there to get caught up'... really doesn't help. Facebook (bleh), Twitter, (ok, I follow the Store... and repost to my site...which as never had a problem...), or Google+ (ugh, really?)... not scoring many points with the demographics which this game likely is filled by (the 30-50 crowd). Again, my opinion.

The only good thing... Our guild has picked up 3 wonderful new players who managed to get into this site..and read about us on the forums as I recently bumped the post about Blackmoor Defenders.

No competition!

But, it is good to see a few of the regulars here like you and Voodoo. Have not seen Silas around yet.

Welp... I'm sure the timer is up..and I'm logged out of the site now....

T.

Quote Originally Posted by thac0 View Post
    welp... I'm sure the timer is up..and i'm logged out of the site now....

t.
    lol!

my forum name and game account name are different, and so are the passwords so that doesnt bother me.

yes, the forums are a mess and i dont know why there was a change in the first place. its a ghost town now.
    Real join date: Update 7

This site is dead.

This game is dying.

The expansion better be amazing or this game is done.

Prove me wrong.

Community Member

I haven't logged into the game in over a week. DDO is in a perfect storm of annoying bugs (login crash), bad forum migration (interesting build threads get me wanting to try them) and limbo game status (enhancement preview is coming... but not here yet).

Even with the AD massive screwup, at least nwn has a good set of forums and logs in on the first try.

Fixing the forums is one of DDO's easiest issues they are facing, yet... months later their only progress randomly take away my new forum name like I asked them NOT to do in my service ticket.

Yeah, I'm feeling the love. Do something... yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This site is dead.

This game is dying.

The expansion better be amazing or this game is done.

Prove me wrong.
    This post be troll.

On the other hand, what does anybody expect from a game now 7 years old? To stay fresh like an apple?

On a sidenote, I nver understood the Forum changes they did. Breaking the rules ("never change a running system") rarely works out. QED with this forum.

+ Please, change the grey background into something more usieful.
    + Please alter the login timer.
    + Please give us back the forwarding function from the log in screen. It´s a shame to have to search for the thread again any time I had been forced to log in again.
    + please... (another 100 things that need to be fixed).

Every time I hit the reply button and it tells me to log in, I just leave ddo forums. When I do take the time to login, it doesn't take me right back to the post I was looking at so I have to search for it. Lame. To many hoops to jump through to participate in a discussion.

Community Member

Should this thread exist ? Yeah there's problems with it's functionality right now and they changed the color scheme , in reality though it's the same sh!t ......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast