Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Should this thread exist ? Yeah there's problems with it's functionality right now and they changed the color scheme , in reality though it's the same sh!t ......
    Of course it should exist. There's some very strong opinions already, both negative and how to fix. Judging by the hundreds of views already, there's plenty who may type their opinions. With how badly traffic is down on this site (the real indicator of community opinion). As of this post - 513 views in 8 hours is telling. I see regulars welcoming other regulars back (it happened in this very thread). I truly enjoyed the years I put into this community and I would not like to see it vanish. Thats all. So yes, I think this thread, and the communities voices, have a ton of merit.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    O I truly enjoyed the years I put into this community and I would not like to see it vanish. Thats all. So yes, I think this thread, and the communities voices, have a ton of merit.

Unfortunately, the communities voices seem to have no impact whatsoever in regards to DDO. Now, if this was LoTRO, then our input would be acknowledged, possibly respected, maybe even treated as if it mattered.

Unfortunately, on DDO, the players have no clue what is good for the community, nor does the community have a clue what is good for the game. The only opinions that matter around here is upper DDO management apparently.

I Wish we were given even 1/2 of the respect that I see given to the LoTRO community input, but from everything I can see between the two sites, DDo is only here to play test future upgrades for LoTRO. Just look at the forums, LoTRO won't be getting their forum upgrade until Team DDO and it's users have figured out all the bugs and broken stuff out first.

So, no, as far as Turbine is concerned, this site should not go bye-bye, it is an invaluable tool in gauging how players will react on the 'good' game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Default This forum is dying!

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Every time I hit the reply button and it tells me to log in, I just leave ddo forums. When I do take the time to login, it doesn't take me right back to the post I was looking at so I have to search for it. Lame. To many hoops to jump through to participate in a discussion.
    This a thousand times over. And right now when wanting to post about me getting less and less wanting to participate in the forums each day it freshly reminds me why!

I can really feel my will to reply to threads seeping away, and taking the motivation of even coming here with it.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

So many complaints about the site's theme... any of you even went and tried the themes JJ and me put up? The thread has a title that won't pull you into it for what it is... but the themes are there. Had the thread been called "Alternative Themes for DDO Forum", it probably would get more hits.
    People have been bumping it and asking for sticky but since that thread means that we tell Turbine's horrid site colors to go take a hike, they're refusing to sticky it.

I hate the new forums just as much as everyone else and I hate the login timeout even more. But instead of sitting here and moaning about the retarded forum themes that Turbine comes up with, I went and made my own; and shared it for those who are fed up of the lack of theme choice and the small choice that we do have, is only good to kill our eyes an have seizures.

DDO is the red headed child of Turbine and now even more so because of WB. Get used to be even more ignored and having to come up with workarounds for the s**t that Turbine spews out. They simply do not care about us and do not listen to us... but love to pretend they do.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Here is my short list of what needs to be done to help the forums.

1. Revert back to the old site, and turn rep completely off.

2. There is no 2, as 1 is the only thing needed.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Default Thanks and a workaround for logout

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    So many complaints about the site's theme... any of you even went and tried the themes JJ and me put up? The thread has a title that won't pull you into it for what it is... but the themes are there. Had the thread been called "Alternative Themes for DDO Forum", it probably would get more hits.
    People have been bumping it and asking for sticky but since that thread means that we tell Turbine's horrid site colors to go take a hike, they're refusing to sticky it.
    These work quite well and the post should be made sticky. It's a shame Turbine doesn't just import the CSS for everyone to use. Again, many thanks to Aussir and JJ for making the forums usable.

Logout Workaround

When submitting a post only to find your session has timed-out, do the following:

1. Navigate "Back" immediately. That should restore the edit page as you left it in any browser released within the last five years.
    2. Open another browser tab, navigate to DDO.com and log in.
    3. Click on the browser tab that contains your message to post.
    4. Submit your message.

The only caveats to this method is that it will, on occasion, double post depending on how much time has passed since the first post attempt and it won't work using the in-game browser.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

Exactly my idea. These new forums are hardly readable and poorly accessible.

should site go bye bye? well... on one hand.. yes. it'd give me a lot more free time.
    in 3 months, it's been like 2 years since i last "played" DDO. yes, i've logged on now and then to test if certain thing has been fixed but that is it.
    DDO forums is in top 3 "most time spent on pages" for me though.

on other hand? no. there were a lot of interesting things posted before forum change. amount of posts/day dropped by a LOT immediately after. (some were unable to login, some refused to login and.. some lost all hope after logging in)

until game goes belly up, i'd say keep forum up and running. it's still one of the best ways to learn about changes, good or bad in the game.
    Amazing, they actually managed to fix forum account post count and stuff without me bug reporting it!
    O.o there is hope out there yet!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

Your "1" is really two things. Care to channel Steve Martin now? (I am teasing you.)

I really don't know how much they could do to revert to the old site as old and mostly likely unsecured as it was.

But to have that.. class based, old format look and interface back would do wonders. which should be CSS importable? I don't mess with BBS so I don't know.

Rep is a joke, just like facebook liking. It sounds like they want to do more on the media side of things, but honestly, I'm not about to have serious talks in facebook.
    Heck, going to facebook is probably some manager's grand idea on how to keep developer interaction with players even more limited. I mean how many companies don't want you using "social media' on their dollar? We already know for fact that some managers there don't want developers spending any time on the forums at all.

Community Member

I'm still sore they so screwed up the porting of user ids, I hardly check the forum at all:

1. I couldn't register for the forum on my real account, cause that was hosed.
    2. I couldn't register for the forum on my free account, cause that was hosed.
    3. I couldn't use my old forum login.
    4. I had to create a third account and then couldn't even bring back my old forum name because apparently that is in use, just to post this.

I enjoy the game, but this forum migration strategy went off about as well as a Bataan Death March for most of us. Someone deserved to be charged for crimes against software users for this mess.
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 05-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.

I do believe it's apathy..

They've managed to hose the entire communication system up right when they begged for our feedback.
    I mean seriously!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Take a page out of the neverwinter forums, facebook logins, easy to read text colors. Fast load times.

Oh and admin/dev interaction on game issues. They even talk about exploits and how they deal with them,
    Last edited by CavernDragon; 05-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

We do have an update to the web site set tentatively for tomorrow which aims to address some of the OP's concerns. Stay tuned for a downtime announcement later today pending a few confirmations. Some things like "remember me" are still being haggled over. On the dev front, we've got some cool information to share shortly on the expansion and Iconics, again, stay tuned. The past couple weeks have been a challenge on the forum front, but we're working hard to get account-related issues dealt with along with addressing some of the more frequent requests from folks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Proof is in the pudding

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We do have an update to the web site set tentatively for tomorrow which aims to address some of the OP's concerns. Stay tuned for a downtime announcement later today pending a few confirmations. Some things like "remember me" are still being haggled over. On the dev front, we've got some cool information to share shortly on the expansion and Iconics, again, stay tuned. The past couple weeks have been a challenge on the forum front, but we're working hard to get account-related issues dealt with along with addressing some of the more frequent requests from folks.
    I have set my expectations very low. Hopefully, they can be met.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I have set my expectations very low. Hopefully, they can be met.
    Unfortunately, it looks like I should have waited an hour or so before making the post. The web site update at this point appears likely to be pushed out just a little bit further due to a bunch of other things that are taking place. I'll have more information later today on that other stuff perhaps. Thanks! This is absolutely a priority, though.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Unfortunately, it looks like I should have waited an hour or so before making the post. The web site update at this point appears likely to be pushed out just a little bit further due to a bunch of other things that are taking place.
    Expected nothing else from Turbine.

I'll have more information later today on that other stuff perhaps. Thanks! This is absolutely a priority, though.
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic!!! Now... can we get rid of the blindness and seizure inducing colors on the forums too or are you (Turbine) keeping the -200 IQ people to make CSS style sheets of hell?

And while you're at it, do us all a favor and make a sticky out of the thread with the alternative themes for the forum!
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

I can't wait for new expansion stuff! I still check forum all the time for new info. Ironically if i log in the new post link does not work. but if i stay logged out it works?

Either way pretty stoked to hear about new xpac info arriving! Hopefully its jam packed with all kinds of goodies that awe us!

I don't really wish for the site to die at all nor the game. It i still the best game of its type on the net. I think we need some more social interactive tools though for the community to bounce back and be interested again. Xpac info. minor forum tweaks and some tools would be enough to get the blood sizzling around here again !
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Unfortunately, it looks like I should have waited an hour or so before making the post. The web site update at this point appears likely to be pushed out just a little bit further due to a bunch of other things that are taking place. I'll have more information later today on that other stuff perhaps. Thanks! This is absolutely a priority, though.
    Cordovan,

Thanks for the update. I think everyone is just getting really annoyed at the response time on the forum issues.

There was so much fail in the forum update it makes Turbine as a company look like they really don't care about quality. This may or may not be true, but it is definitely becoming the prevailing perception.
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Of all the things on the forum that annoy me, the constant login is the only "Nails on Chalkboard"

Look forward to the changes

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    I can't wait for new expansion stuff! I still check forum all the time for new info. Ironically if i log in the new post link does not work. but if i stay logged out it works?
    I've noticed that whenever the forum auto-logs me out it tends to marks all posts as read so the new post button won't work. I have to use the "Quick Links" -> "Today's Posts" instead most of the time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast