Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default The NecroDome: full plate + tower shield = 0% asf

    The idea of the build is simple: nether grasps + slotted spell agility 15 + elven arcane fluidity IV = -35% ASF.
    Using Skyvault Shield you can go around in full plate and tower shield and still have 0% ASF.

    So what the build does?

    DAMAGE MITIGATION:
    108/123 PRR (with a possible +50 or +100 from shiradi tea)
    25% incorporeality (wraith form)
    50% displacement (20% at all times)
    7% dodge
    AC nothing special but still some giving some miss% (about 100+ AC self buffed)
    +54 self buffed reflex save
    800 hp

    SELF HEALING with negative auras and negative bursts, which proc shiradi effects on mobs around you

    Since you go melee with mobs, conc opp + torc + halcyon boots mean you get an unending supply of spell points to fuel bursts, auras, tensers and ice storms.

    Build core: DROW or HELF, Wizard 12, Fighter 6, Paladin 2

    Drow gets +2 reflex, more spell points (more int); Helf gets about 40 more hp and raise scrolls through cleric dilly.

    You get 16 feats:

    3: spell focus, gr spell focus, mental toughness (to get wraith form)
    4: extend, quicken, maximize and personally eschew (I've played with and without and I hate having to worry about stacks of bull strength potions etc... but you can take something else if you think it's gimp)
    3: toughness, shield mastery, improved shield mastery (and you qualify for stalwart defender)
    5: pow atk, cleave, great cleave, imp crit, overw crit
    1: depends on weapon (which must be a planar conflux for the +15 prr); if you want to use nightmare for glancing procs, take exotic:bastard sword, if you want to use mornh take stunning blow, etc.

    Destiny: Shiradi Champion
    Twists: Legendary Shield Mastery (2), Energy Sheath (1) or PRR Sigil (1) - not sure about best tier 4


    (*gtg more later thx for reading

  2. #2
    Community Member skullzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    The idea of the build is simple: nether grasps + slotted spell agility 15 + elven arcane fluidity IV = -35% ASF.
    Using Skyvault Shield you can go around in full plate and tower shield and still have 0% ASF.

    So what the build does?

    DAMAGE MITIGATION:
    108/123 PRR (with a possible +50 or +100 from shiradi tea)
    25% incorporeality (wraith form)
    50% displacement (20% at all times)
    7% dodge
    AC nothing special but still some giving some miss% (about 100+ AC self buffed)
    +54 self buffed reflex save
    800 hp

    SELF HEALING with negative auras and negative bursts, which proc shiradi effects on mobs around you

    Since you go melee with mobs, conc opp + torc + halcyon boots mean you get an unending supply of spell points to fuel bursts, auras, tensers and ice storms.

    Build core: DROW or HELF, Wizard 12, Fighter 6, Paladin 2

    Drow gets +2 reflex, more spell points (more int); Helf gets about 40 more hp and raise scrolls through cleric dilly.

    You get 16 feats:

    3: spell focus, gr spell focus, mental toughness (to get wraith form)
    4: extend, quicken, maximize and personally eschew (I've played with and without and I hate having to worry about stacks of bull strength potions etc... but you can take something else if you think it's gimp)
    3: toughness, shield mastery, improved shield mastery (and you qualify for stalwart defender)
    5: pow atk, cleave, great cleave, imp crit, overw crit
    1: depends on weapon (which must be a planar conflux for the +15 prr); if you want to use nightmare for glancing procs, take exotic:bastard sword, if you want to use mornh take stunning blow, etc.

    Destiny: Shiradi Champion
    Twists: Legendary Shield Mastery (2), Energy Sheath (1) or PRR Sigil (1) - not sure about best tier 4


    (*gtg more later thx for reading

    For a tier 4 since you will be up in the middle of combat use Energy burst. But if you want more melee dps momentum swing or lay waste.

    Eschew does not work for the bull strength pots for tensor's just like it doesn't work for the arty pot hurling.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    For a tier 4 since you will be up in the middle of combat use Energy burst. But if you want more melee dps momentum swing or lay waste.

    Eschew does not work for the bull strength pots for tensor's just like it doesn't work for the arty pot hurling.
    It works, I've been using it for ages now. I have zero pots and use tenser all the time.

  4. #4
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Dumb question here, but what does the 2 pally levels add?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Dumb question here, but what does the 2 pally levels add?
    Saves bonus from charisma.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    The idea of the build is simple: nether grasps + slotted spell agility 15 + elven arcane fluidity IV = -35% ASF.
    Using Skyvault Shield you can go around in full plate and tower shield and still have 0% ASF.

    So what the build does?

    DAMAGE MITIGATION:
    108/123 PRR (with a possible +50 or +100 from shiradi tea)
    25% incorporeality (wraith form)
    50% displacement (20% at all times)
    7% dodge
    AC nothing special but still some giving some miss% (about 100+ AC self buffed)
    +54 self buffed reflex save
    800 hp

    SELF HEALING with negative auras and negative bursts, which proc shiradi effects on mobs around you

    Since you go melee with mobs, conc opp + torc + halcyon boots mean you get an unending supply of spell points to fuel bursts, auras, tensers and ice storms.

    Build core: DROW or HELF, Wizard 12, Fighter 6, Paladin 2

    Drow gets +2 reflex, more spell points (more int); Helf gets about 40 more hp and raise scrolls through cleric dilly.

    You get 16 feats:

    3: spell focus, gr spell focus, mental toughness (to get wraith form)
    4: extend, quicken, maximize and personally eschew (I've played with and without and I hate having to worry about stacks of bull strength potions etc... but you can take something else if you think it's gimp)
    3: toughness, shield mastery, improved shield mastery (and you qualify for stalwart defender)
    5: pow atk, cleave, great cleave, imp crit, overw crit
    1: depends on weapon (which must be a planar conflux for the +15 prr); if you want to use nightmare for glancing procs, take exotic:bastard sword, if you want to use mornh take stunning blow, etc.

    Destiny: Shiradi Champion
    Twists: Legendary Shield Mastery (2), Energy Sheath (1) or PRR Sigil (1) - not sure about best tier 4


    (*gtg more later thx for reading

    What is your primary damage source supposed to be? Melee? Or spell? Having used shiradi some on a pure PM that wasn't spec'd as a shiradi build my impression was that it was very sub-optimal. If you aren't spamming multi-hit multi-proc spells like a machine gun the ED falls flat IMO. I'm wondering if you'd be better off in FotW, LD, or Draconic. Optionally... tree form. Unless you're really hoping for a lot of semi-passive CC from Shiradi....

    Sounds like a fun build though.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Saves bonus from charisma.
    And it makes Diplomacy a class skill, which is needed to get an autocrit with Tea.

  8. #8
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Saves bonus from charisma.
    Thanks for the reply. Of course this begs another question: this build is part PM, and you get an unbelivable number of saves from being in Wraith form alone. Why add the pally CHR saves? I think it would priobably be a better investment to slot items that cover a couple of holes in your saving throws than splash pally.

    That and I usually slot a SR item in most of my builds anyways to fend off casters, those with decent daving throws and those without.

    As for diplo bonus, yeah I could see that as being somewhat important.

  9. #9
    Community Member Haulindonkey1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default Sorry to burst your bubble....

    Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    The idea of the build is simple: nether grasps + slotted spell agility 15 + elven arcane fluidity IV = -35% ASF.
    Using Skyvault Shield you can go around in full plate and tower shield and still have 0% ASF.
    Sorry to burst your bubble....
    Having tested these, the ASF reduction from nether grasps and slotted spell agility 15 do not stack. Additionally arcane fluidity IV only provides a -10 to ASF in heavy armor. Tested this out on my PM with EH nethers and he has a 10% ASF. From testing on Lammania server of the enhancement pass, the arcane fluidity will be changed to a straight -15 ASF across the 3 armor types - so this will be reduced to a 5% ASF when the enhancement pass is in effect.

    One other possibility would be to take 6 levels of Artificer once the enhancement pass goes live, this would give you further ASF reduction IIRC. Anyways just wanted to point these things out. It does look to be a fun to play build.
    The House of MANGAR (Argonnessen) - Golehmus War Skald / Bhahb for Apples / Balgohr Bladesinger / Tuhlgha Truefist

  10. #10
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haulindonkey1 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble....
    Having tested these, the ASF reduction from nether grasps and slotted spell agility 15 do not stack. Additionally arcane fluidity IV only provides a -10 to ASF in heavy armor. Tested this out on my PM with EH nethers and he has a 10% ASF. From testing on Lammania server of the enhancement pass, the arcane fluidity will be changed to a straight -15 ASF across the 3 armor types - so this will be reduced to a 5% ASF when the enhancement pass is in effect.

    One other possibility would be to take 6 levels of Artificer once the enhancement pass goes live, this would give you further ASF reduction IIRC. Anyways just wanted to point these things out. It does look to be a fun to play build.
    Seeing that there is no epic / named armor mentioned for the build, couldn't you go the route of Twilight for an armor attribute, and dump the slotted agility? That way you can craft it if you've got decent crating levels.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haulindonkey1 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble....
    Having tested these, the ASF reduction from nether grasps and slotted spell agility 15 do not stack.
    I misread the wiki thinking it stated they stack, if they don't then I'll have to scrap it and think it again... maybe use medium armour. Too bad I wanted to use a dragonplate of some kind.


    Additionally arcane fluidity IV only provides a -10 to ASF in heavy armor.
    Yes I knew that, my idea was -10 from nether, -15 from blue slot, -10 from elven, = 35.

    Anyways just wanted to point these things out. It does look to be a fun to play build.
    Thanks for pointing them out indeed. I'll still try to build something similar.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Probably the best way is to go medium armour, losing about 10 points or less of PRR but getting maybe 5-6% more Dodge, which is a gain overall in damage reduction.

    (ofc light armour for evasion is pointless since losing the shield means losing 60+ PPR)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload