Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ty for the great game devs!!!
    This is the unique real D&D experience all over mmorpgs world.

I love EE, it makes me want to create new builds and look for new equipament in order to get it done.
    I love all the quests!!

Tyvm keep it up!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    As a suggestion...I know that DDO makes money off of the jeweler's kits but I'd never pay to reslot a single augment. Any single augment I'd just refarm or make darned sure that I slotted correctly so as to avoid buying the jeweler's kits. But if they added a permanent kit that could reslot any time you wanted I'd spring for it at pretty high amount of TP's. I would love to be able to tinker with gear and try to get that perfect setup. Lacking the ability to tinker I don't swap slots at all.
    This! I would buy it in a heartbeat. And I also have never purchased a jeweler's kit. And yes, it makes me very careful when dealing with slots.

To add to the list though, I love the DM voice in quests and wilderness zones. One of the early things that hooked me to the game.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I'm liking the storyline for the new quests they've given us with U18.

The XP for them is absolute garbage and it seems like a long time before you get to the shrine in Disciples of Shar, but the storyline is very promising. The shadows that you meet later on in Wheloon are excellent too

Community Member

Default Yay

I really, really, really, really like the new dev tracker, I really like that it is even at the top of general forums more so.

Did I mention how much I like the dev tracker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Props for getting the Dev Tracker going again guys!

<-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

The new healing elixirs are wonderful. The fact that you can get the lower ones from any of the traders, and the costs have been made reasonable makes them quite usable.

For anyone who doesn't know, the improved and greater versions can be gotten from the traders in lordsmarch plaza. They work quite well on my pale master. I'm wondering if they might even make a warforged melee playable again?

- Free to Play. I was still playing Baldurs Gate I/II, and did not know about DDO Online, until the F2P ads popped up in 2009, and that's when I joined.

- Crafting. Love it. Gets me through Lvls 1-10 with all my gear.

- High Level Crafted items from adventure packs.
    Kiss My Khopes and Bow to my Bow
    ----------------------------------
    Firekragg Red / Windkragg Red of Sarlona

The game's three dimensionality

The instance format of the game

The flexible character creation system

Greensteel

The new augment system

The Luck Blade

That I can still get to the wiki (props to all the folks who have made the wiki great) without hitting alt+enter
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

For making such a MASSIVE game, after 2 years and 1 3rd life tr there are quests i still hav'nt played.

For the new DM voice's that started in Motu and are just simply awesome in the revamped Gianthold.

For all the little touch's like the dragon who keeps appearing in the marketplace even though its knocked me to the ground on more than 1 occasion. The kobold sorcerer in the twelve who says something like 'i'm a powerful sorcerer and will be better when the twelve teach me to read' . Brilliant

For being able to drink some Beholders under the table, it made my day when i 1st did that and still amuses me no end.

For bringing the Forgotten Realms to life as a rl fr dm, its a lot like i imagine it.

For still being around after all these years so please carry on for many years to come.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member abrownbear9108's Avatar

The implementation of the Monster Manual by far one of my favorite parts of the game, though finding every single variant of each monster in it will be annoying for me :P just need 12 more types of skeletons to see their HP.

One other thing is the Guidance of Shar item. I LOVE that they've added cursed items (in a sense), i know they did it with a few items in the Madness chains, and i think the cloak of curses from Necro IV, but i think they need to make it so that cursed items can drop as random lootgen as well. People will have to decide whether the good aspects of an item outweigh the bad, and in the case of Guidance of Shar, on the right toon that bad side will have little to no impact, ie: Bladeforged 2pal/18sorc built as a DoT tank, can use it straight from creation and will be useful until you get something with a better slot and better Blur%

Community Member

The reset button on quests and wilderness areas was a BIG help.

Also recently realized that u now can clear the quest out of the description (I hate leading a quest so never bothered)

Did anyone think of the events? It was a hell of farming and I loved the kobolds in CC ("Kobolds never forget" and such - we were laughing our A**es off when we heard that the first time)

adding GS deconstruction

bring back the GH deconstruction of armor - I still have robes and armor I don't use anymore

upgradable GH items - the new Cloudburst with lightning strike on lvl 14 (with the seal used) is a beast!

the repair possibility for worn item

Founder

I agree with almost all of the posts here and want to especially agree with loving the events. I know some people hate them because of the lag (and I agree they would be better if they could be moved to a separate server to avoid "polluting" the rest of the game) but I still love them.

But the number one thing that I love about DDO has always been character creation. It is the only game I know with such huge variation. And I'm trying not to be negative here but PLEASE devs, don't ruin this with the new Enhancements!

The quest/area reset button! YES! That was brilliant.

But here's my favorite thing about DDO:

Every once in a while, I take a break. A month or so. I'm coming off one now. I go and play another game (SWTOR, this time around) and usually have a pretty good time. Usually something in DDO has vexed me (this time, it was the forum revision, which disconnected me from my forum account for almost a month) and I quietly leave for a bit.

Then I'll think "Man, my character in *new game* would be awesome if *insert DDO-specific thing*."

Then I think, "Let me check the forums."

Then I think, "I need to, at least, update my client."

Then, "Oh, a new update...oh...shiny. WHY U NO FASTER PANDO!?"

Mrs. dlsidhe: "Are you loading DDO again?"

"SHADOWFELL!"

"I'll talk to you tonight."

"BLADEFORGED!"

Then I remember the main thing: I need to catch up with my guildy-friends and have MMO fun that isn't contingent on gear or pointless delivery quests. I need to stand around on top of the airship XP shrine and dance.

While this game is increasingly solo friendly, it's more sociable than any other MMO I've played. And that's what I love.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    And in FR lore the Tressym is specifically from Eveningstar.

And hating owlbears?The owlbear is depicted as a cross between a bear and an owl, which "hugs" like a bear and attacks with its beak. Gary G. created the owlbear, which was inspired by a plastic toy and introduced the creature to the DnD world in the 1975. It has been in every version of DnD since. It has changed shape at least 3 times.

I am grateful to see ^^^^ that guy in the dev tracker again. You were missed MajMal. I am doing a happy dance in my chair right now.......(Well, not really, I just need to use the bathroom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by abrownbear9108 View Post
    The implementation of the Monster Manual by far one of my favorite parts of the game, though finding every single variant of each monster in it will be annoying for me :P just need 12 more types of skeletons to see their HP.
    This is by far my favorite addition to the game. There are many nights that I log on and just farm quests to fill up the pages. They could triple the price of this and I would still buy them.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Yeah, I am enjoying the living s*** outta this game despite the bugs.

I am having entirely too much fun with my light monk and the GMoF ED. The Everything is Nothing attack...whoa!
    Heck, I'm even having fun running my healbot.

Some friends and even a few guildies are playing NWO and some other Diablo clone, but I looked at 'em both...meh...

I love this game, warts and all.

For me to leave this game, there would have to be bribery and/or nekkid womerns involved.
    Last edited by Chauncey1; 06-07-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Speeling and grammers.

Community Member

I love the recall bug, thx Turbine. I can zerg faster now!

Default new DDO things I love...

Augments and general crafting/gear customization! Would like to see more bta options here.

Reset button on quests and wilderness areas!

Monster manual!

Random encounters that respawn and scale with party size!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12