Hybrid View

Default New Player Looking for Mature LGBT Friendly Guild (details inside)

I've never been able to play DDO like now. I've yet to experience raiding and have never reach cap level nor seen the quests above level 7. Most of my play time has been soloing and with hirelings. I don't usually team because I don't have the time during weekdays to do so. Sometimes I have to log out in the middle of a quest. But on the weekends I have more free time to team and would like to find a steady weekend group of players to team with.

I don't want to Pug on the weekends and be rushed through a dungeon or be handheld through one and have the element of surprise be spoiled before I've had the chance to explore the dungeon myself. Plus I hate it when experienced players (not all, but mainly the bullies) who belittle new players for the gimp builds they play. New players don't yet understand and may not know how to play their class. I'm one of those players. I had a bad experienced in a Pug team when I saw a Cleric, who IMO was doing the best he could do, got kicked out because the person leading the team was rushing through the dungeon and he just couldn't keep up with heals. In short I have no tolerance for players that have no tolerance with new players. Make sense?

I want to stay away from the LFT on the weekends. I just want to play, have fun, and avoid unnecessary gaming drama. I'm interested in finding a weekend team to explore the game with a noob perspective. The goal is to have a weekend group I can team with regularly. I prefer a guild that caters to players seeking to learn and explore the game without rushing to end game like me. But I'm not against anyone's understanding of the game and sharing their knowledge before hand.

I don't like big guilds and I don't like the drama or politics that comes with guilds. However, I'm not against joining a small guild just for the "weekend team".

About Me

I don't do farming of any kind but I'm not against repeating a quest from N/H/E. I don't mind roleplaying but I'm not great at it and I don't like spending my play time talking IC in a tavern. Like I've already said I play irregularly on weekdays but on the weekends I like to team. I'm not old but I'm not young either. I am male even if my voice sounds otherwise but I'm not interested in finding a boyfriend IC or OOC. No I don't flirt and No I do not share photos of myself. Just clearing unwanted requests that always comes up. If you know of a guild that would take a player like me please reply. I am willing to start in any server. Thanks!

Welcome to DDO!

If you're so inclined, take a gander at "Rough Trade" on Thelanis. We're a mellow, mature, friendly LGBT guild. Still smallish (Level 43) but we enjoy running groups and welcoming new and old players alike. I'll gladly pm you a list of officers in game names if you're interested.

Either way, welcome to Eberron!

Community Member

If you're on the Cannith server, the guild I'm in will welcome you. We don't specifically cater to the LGBT community, but don't shun them either. In other words, you're just another guy/girl playing the game. The beauty of the internet is that you can be who you are or who you want to be. No skin off us. We will help you learn the game; most people start this game with "gimped" builds but then they tend to forget that when they become uber-leet. We haven't forgotten.

The guild is Blood Rage. Send me a private message if you want contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelp View Post
    I don't like big guilds and I don't like the drama or politics that comes with guilds. However, I'm not against joining a small guild just for the "weekend team".
    There have been a couple of openly LBGT friendly guilds on Sarlona. I'm not sure if this guild is still active or not, but it's a place to start I guess.

That was fast.

Thank you guys for the replies. I tried to PM my questions but I don't think I'm way off by saying this forum is a mess. I keep getting kick, is there no way of selecting to stay logged in?

I'm sorry if I spammed your box with more than one message, but somehow I think I dbl posted. But I have the feeling the forum PMs isn't working properly either.

For the time being I'll just reply here. I'm interested in knowing both guilds. I have a character on Cannith but I don't have one on Thelanist. I think the best way to contact anyone of you is for me to log in and see if anyone is in game at the time for guild invite.

Community Member

Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Sent you a PM.
    Got it and replied.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelp View Post
    Thanks!
    Tyrs Paladium is well known for our no drama rules. We wrote the book on enforcing them.

Take a quick look at our rules, to see if they seem fair to you.

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/t56-guild-rules

We are a laid back bunch who love to run together, have a few laughs (ok sometimes a lot of laughs!) and help each other to victory. We are a medium to large size guild, but we run it very tight knit. Everyone knows everybody in Tyrs. And that the way we like it!

We are on the Ghallanda server and would love to have ya come join us if you fit our playstyle!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!