Default Is Evasion possible in anyway on a pure Arti ??

I just finished leveling my Arti to 20 and not having evasion was very expensive in gear repair from my many deaths in the higher level quests. Not from traps, because I found all those, but from the casters / elementals hitting me with lightning/fire etc..

Is there a clickie / ring / gear etc etc. that will add evasion to this build, without me having to go 2 rogue or 2 monk ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    I just finished leveling my Arti to 20 and not having evasion was very expensive in gear repair from my many deaths in the higher level quests. Not from traps, because I found all those, but from the casters / elementals hitting me with lightning/fire etc..

Is there a clickie / ring / gear etc etc. that will add evasion to this build, without me having to go 2 rogue or 2 monk ?

Thanks

Shadowdancer ED if you stay there
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Just what you can get in epic destinies...There is NO gear in DDO with evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Epic destines or monk past life for a short duration clickie effect

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default [solved]

Thanks to all who responded. I guess I may have to decide to switch from Sharidi to Shadowdancer.

Thanks to all who responded. I guess I may have to decide to switch from Sharidi to Shadowdancer.
    There are some good things in that destiny, evasion being one of them but you may find shiradi too good to give up later on. If you are high on INT, I would suggest the Insightful Reflexes feat, it's not evasion but really boosts your reflex. I have this on my Wizard and Arti.

Thanks
    I have had pure 20 arti, a 18/2 arti/rog, and a Juggernaut variant and I didn't notice that much of a drop in power between the arti and the arti/rog, and I never missed the capstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I have had pure 20 arti, a 18/2 arti/rog, and a Juggernaut variant and I didn't notice that much of a drop in power between the arti and the arti/rog, and I never missed the capstone.
    ^--This. Good point. (and take IR).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    (and take IR).
    Always!

Thanks Sonos and Postumus. I will take Insightful and find a reflex clickie or gear to boost up that reflex save. I got my butt kicked big-time in "Enter the Kobold" without Evasion.... LOL

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Just what you can get in epic destinies...There is NO gear in DDO with evasion.
    There is... but it only works underwater. :P

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Isn't the current capstone also going away?

Community Member

for the sake of exhaustivity i may add the monk past life feat that grants evasion 1x/day *for a short time*
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life:_Disciple_of_the_Fist
    never tried it tho

Thanks Sonos and Postumus. I will take Insightful and find a reflex clickie or gear to boost up that reflex save. I got my butt kicked big-time in "Enter the Kobold" without Evasion.... LOL
    2 items that can help:

Fleshie- Infused Chaos robe from Fear Factory. Add +10 reflex at altar in The Twelve's plainscaller room.

Robot(WF)- Infused Chaos Docent from Reign of Madness Chain end reward. Add +10 reflex at altar in The Twelve's plainscaller room.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Infused_Chaos_Docent

http://ddowiki.com/page/Infused_Chaosrobe

http://ddowiki.com/page/Altar_of_Insanity

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Thanks
    As well as 2 rogue, or 2 monk, you can also get evasion form 9 ranger.

If you are really opposed to multiclassing then evasion can be gained in the form of up to three 20-second activated durations with the Monk active pastlife feat or passively with Level 5 of the Shadowdancer Epic Destiny or selected as Tier 6 in Primal Avatar Epic Destiny.

The new update to the Gianthold Aquatic Bracers, from Crucible, mean the Heroic Elite, Epic Normal, Epic Hard, and Epic Elite versions of the item give you the ability Swim like a Fish. This allows you the evasion ability even if you do not already have it, as long as you are in water.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by muffins_cupcake; 08-11-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Text Color Change

Quote Originally Posted by muffins_cupcake View Post
    As well as 2 rogue, or 2 monk, you can also get evasion form 9 ranger.

If you are really opposed to multiclassing then evasion can be gained in the form of up to three 20-second activated durations with the Monk active pastlife feat
    or passively with Level 5 of the Shadowdancer Epic Destiny or selected as Tier 6 in Primal Avatar Epic Destiny.

The new update to the Gianthold Aquatic Bracers, from Crucible, mean the Heroic Elite, Epic Normal, Epic Hard, and Epic Elite versions of the item give you the ability Swim like a Fish. This allows you the evasion ability even if you do not already have it, as long as you are in water.

Hope that helps.
    Out of curisoity, why did you make your text black? It looks invisible when using jj's color scheme.

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Out of curisoity, why did you make your text black? It looks invisible when using jj's color scheme.
    I didn't mean to; it was an accident and I didn't know how to change it back. I'm not overly tech savvy so my wife has to keep fixing my computer for me and she was at work.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

If you're looking for some ideas, feel free to check out the link in my sig for a shadowdancer arti. Fury is my main ED now, though. Personally, I'm unimpressed by Shiradi for an arti.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    If you're looking for some ideas, feel free to check out the link in my sig for a shadowdancer arti. Fury is my main ED now, though. Personally, I'm unimpressed by Shiradi for an arti.
    I play this build and the main things besides DPS my guild really expects of me:

- is to not miss on the traps
    - control my aggro
    - be survivable

The ShadowDancer on my pure Artie allowed me to do all of the above as in addition to giving Evasion & 25% Incorporeality it boosts saves/rogue skills/etc & from memory had a stance that lowered aggro. The high Inteligence on the Artie & Insightful Reflexes played will with SD and you can twist in cool things like Pin & Whistler from Sharadi if you want. If I do get aggro (like when popping Fusillades too early/often) my temporary loss of sneak-attack actually helps my team-mates out DPS me to take it back.

The other side effect is that by staying pure my buffs from clickes last 20 minutes now and that really makes everyone happy (I have a ton of them including Good Hope, Greater Heroism, etc).

To each his own but I personally like the SD Destiny for my pure Artie & it has decent DPS even though it has less exciting crits compared to FotW. If things go south I can usually get away to live and rez folk (Dimension Door, invis, Shadow Walk, stealth, etc).
    Last edited by Nodoze; 08-12-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Default evasion

to be honnest: enter the kobold needs extreme reflex saves to make it through the end fight on elite
    even if you have the reflex save for evasion to work you will roll a 1 at one point causing a big damage spike.
    its a chalanging fight and i see tr's at level complete it more then new people,
    preperation can get you a long way, energy absorbtion on greensteel is a bit expensive but scrolls of fire shield cold can help a bit (and cost way less)

trie getting a old version of the cloack of ice (the new one got nerfed badly)

gl