Default Upgrade Challenge items to slot

Small request. Allow us to choose on the third tier of level 8-12-16 challenge items to be either +3 craftable, or a colored slot (maybe the same as the T3 epic). So, T3 weapons get a red slot, Tunic/Mournlord armor get a blue slot, rings get a green, etc.

Not sure if feasible, but asking don't hurt.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

And vice versa, then, too - allow the L20 versions to have Craftable +5 rather than an augment slot

Holy Epic Elemental Greataxe of Fire of Pure Good

/signed

It's really good when you find out someone already described your suggestions, it saves you quite a bit of time.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And vice versa, then, too - allow the L20 versions to have Craftable +5 rather than an augment slot

Holy Epic Elemental Greataxe of Fire of Pure Good
    As I recall, feather posted once that adding craftable to named/challenge items caused all sorts of issues so they are unlikely to do add that to any future items. (This actually might make it more likely that they would be open to change it to a slot instead now that lower level items can have slots)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    As I recall, feather posted once that adding craftable to named/challenge items caused all sorts of issues so they are unlikely to do add that to any future items. (This actually might make it more likely that they would be open to change it to a slot instead now that lower level items can have slots)
    That doesnt make any sense - the items already DO have Craftable at T3, on the L8/12/16 versions. And AFAIK so did the L20 version, before Augments were implemented...this would just be a choice to go back to that same system, which apparently worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If I recall correctly, the issue was with combining craftable and epic slots on the same item. What the OP suggests is having a red slot instead of craftable on lower tier items. It should be doable in theory as that's basically what the level 20 versions are anyway. The additional suggestion of allowing craftable instead of slots on the level 20 version would also be welcome, though craftable 5 would be quite powerful, allowing a greater bane suffix as well as a craftable 1 prefix.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen