Default So before you rage quit a raid and call everyone noobs. . .

By the way, I'm new to the forums. The new website fixed a problem with me being able to create a login . So hi everybody!

Today I started a raid. Chronoscope, which is really fun btw, and if you haven't tried it, do and don't be afraid of being a "noob." Of course, be smart and have a plan or be willing to listen to somebody that has a plan, but you can't learn to do a quest without being new to it at some point. I will admit, I haven't run it a lot. Most of us that ran it hadn't ran it a lot. Ironically though, when I was explaining to people where to go get buffed the tank in the group decided to zerg into the shavarath mob just outside of the bank. Then he had the audacity to call us noobs and ragequit the quest.

So there we were, our healer had silently quit too, we had no tank, and we had four of us--2 rogues, a sorc, and me, the ranger. We were quite the squishy bunch to be fighting a ton of devils in a raid lol. I was about ready to quit when one of my awesome guildies (which btw, if you want to quest with a bunch of cool people, Spurned Legion on Cannith is a great group--smart and really nice) said we should at least try since we were in already. I'll admit, I was thinking "this should be an exciting 2 minutes." But it turned out awesome. Yeah, it took a lot of crazy tactics (and no, we didn't go spend TP to get spirit cakes or anything like that), teamwork, and communication. But we finished, and the rewards and fun times were phenomenal.

Go noob power. And btw, it is a lot more noob to try to face a mob and not wait for the group to take time and plan out. Not to diss the guy. I mean, we all have our diva moments (divo? lol, "whip it good" I dunno, there should be a male version too). But we got our raid rewards, and well, the rushing rage quitter didn't. Not that there is anything wrong with rushing at times, I mean, it has its place, but really, don't rage quit when you use a tactic incorrectly and call everybody else the noob. Just relax, have fun, and at least try. If it doesn't work, just remember to finish briefing the group before you enter the next time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    Go noob power. And btw, it is a lot more noob to try to face a mob and not wait for the group to take time and plan out. Not to diss the guy. I mean, we all have our diva moments (divo? lol, "whip it good" I dunno, there should be a male version too). But we got our raid rewards, and well, the rushing rage quitter didn't. Not that there is anything wrong with rushing at times, I mean, it has its place, but really, don't rage quit when you use a tactic incorrectly and call everybody else the noob. Just relax, have fun, and at least try. If it doesn't work, just remember to finish briefing the group before you enter the next time lol.
    Seems like a case of a buncha noobs calling each other noobs. Hmmmmm....... :3

awesome first post

while not commenting on the two that quit - just wanted to put out a couple of things

first, this is a raid. which means you can have more then 6 people in the group

two, in ddo, multiple class have the ability to "tank"

three, welcome to ddo - have fun!
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience! The term 'raid' seems to scare many people off, from content that is typically not nearly so exclusionary as others try to hype it up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    awesome first post

Yeah, but it was already organized, and people weren't requesting to join (it was still up after all of this happened), so we just went with it .

Once, I had an lfm for Let Sleeping Dust Lie on my bard. I filled it. So this one guy joins, enters before all of us, dies in the first fight. I raise and heal him, then he recalls saying he thinks our group is too weak, when none of us except him had even gotten in a fight yet. And we completed 5-man without a single spider killed or party member death.

But I know the guy is kind of quirky so...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    awesome first post

while not commenting on the two that quit - just wanted to put out a couple of things

Also: you can't use cakes in raids

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Also: you can't use cakes in raids
    Good point .

And yeah, like I said, we all have our moments so I'm not making fun of the guy for freaking out or for getting killed. This is more just humorous food for thought.

usually in chrono you'll be able to tell if it's worth staying or not. Because right at the beginning half the raid will take the snm test. If M nothing will happen. If S then all of a sudden u'll hear ding,, ding ding, ding...OMG ***!? ding. They're overpowered! Ding, ding.

This will all occur when the barrier is dropped.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    usually in chrono you'll be able to tell if it's worth staying or not. Because right at the beginning half the raid will take the snm test. If M nothing will happen. If S then all of a sudden u'll hear ding,, ding ding, ding...OMG ***!? ding. They're overpowered! Ding, ding.

This will all occur when the barrier is dropped.
    Hahaha perfect description!

I remember a chrono where i just put up some music and went hunting and was 30 kills ahead before noticing 9/12 members were dead somewhere, fun times

To the OP: good of you guys to stick together and finish it. Most of the coolest moments in DDO for me involved undergeared and shortmanned desperate struggles with happy endings. This can be as much fun in either an epic raid or an ill prepared dungeon crawl thru the harbor.
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

there's not much more satisfying in DDO than completing AFTER the person who had a meltdown and called everyone names leaves you to your certain doom without his expertise. The crazy part is it's not unusual for a "ragequit" to be followed by the party shaping up and getting it done. The first thought is "hell that guy was holding us back" but I suspect a combo of scaling getting lower, and the left over players taking that as a sign to perk up and play better.

That said there are times when it's just best to call it... then 3 or 4 experienced players hesitate to start without X class and then the first couple encounters show your DPS to be too low for the amount of healing you have... It's kinda cool when no one gets ****ed off but everyone agrees "we're not going to make it past X".

Here's the reality: even good players have bad nights, and I mean both kinds... bad nights were we run into "that party" three times in a row and give up the fourth time and watch a movie. And bad nights when we die for a silly reason, do stupid things, loose concentration, or over focus, zone out and kill the wrong mob without thinking, die and then raise and run back into battle without buffing, spend an entire quest with your haggle/UMD gear on wondering *** your spells are only hitting for 2/3rd damage and not critting at all, summon a pet in a "don't kill 10 monkeymen/spiders or fail" quest, run to the west when someone called inferno, water the fountain when the barrier went down only to realize the puzzle was still being worked on and someone just decided to go inside at the same moment you were running up with water expecting the puzzle to be finished...

Not that I'VE done any of those...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    there's not much more satisfying in DDO than completing AFTER the person who had a meltdown and called everyone names leaves you to your certain doom without his expertise. The crazy part is it's not unusual for a "ragequit" to be followed by the party shaping up and getting it done. The first thought is "hell that guy was holding us back" but I suspect a combo of scaling getting lower, and the left over players taking that as a sign to perk up and play better.
    That is so true.

I'll never forget a hard Shroud run where one of the healers (I think it was a healer) quit because we had more than two arcane casters in the party. He (maybe she, I dunno) said that no Shroud can ever complete with two or more arcanes in the party.

We completed.

No deaths, I believe. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was a bit of a cakewalk.

Maybe its just me, but all of the loonies in DDO show up in Shroud runs...

Community Member

Grats on completing! Well done!

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Here's the reality: even good players have bad nights, and I mean both kinds... bad nights were we run into "that party" three times in a row and give up the fourth time and watch a movie. And bad nights when we die for a silly reason, do stupid things, loose concentration, or over focus, zone out and kill the wrong mob without thinking, die and then raise and run back into battle without buffing, spend an entire quest with your haggle/UMD gear on wondering *** your spells are only hitting for 2/3rd damage and not critting at all, summon a pet in a "don't kill 10 monkeymen/spiders or fail" quest, run to the west when someone called inferno, water the fountain when the barrier went down only to realize the puzzle was still being worked on and someone just decided to go inside at the same moment you were running up with water expecting the puzzle to be finished...

Not that I'VE done any of those...
    Been there, done those...

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.