Community Member

Default incorrect racial ability enhancements being applied at character creation

The character generator is not applying the correct stat bonus/reductions at creation.

I have created a dwarf fighter - stalwart soldier. The starting stats for this build are - Stalwart Soldier
    Str 15, dex 14, con 14, int 14, wis 8, cha 10.
    Dwarf stat adjustment +2 con, -2 Cha
    However after choosing dwarf the stats have been adjusted to +1 Str, -2 Con = starting stats of
    Str 16, dex 14, con 12, int 14, wis 8, cha 10.

Please correct the character generator starting stat adjustments for Dwarfs. They are meant to have better con +2, not -2.

Sounds like you used a path. Don't, even if they aren't bugged, they make gimped characters. Delete the toon you made with the path system and reroll custom and do it yourself. Look up a build if you aren't experienced with making them yourself.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Solane12 View Post
    The character generator is not applying the correct stat bonus/reductions at creation.

I have created a dwarf fighter - stalwart soldier. The starting stats for this build are - Stalwart Soldier
    However after choosing dwarf the stats have been adjusted to +1 Str, -2 Con = starting stats of

Please correct the character generator starting stat adjustments for Dwarfs. They are meant to have better con +2, not -2.
    I can't check the descriptions right now so while it may be bugged from what you are actually given. However, those are both valid stat distributions for a 28-point dwarf fighter taking into account racial bonuses. Lowering con on a Dwarf from 14 to 12 allows you to raise strength from 15 to 16.

As mentioned above those are both really poor stat distributions for a fighter though.

Community Member

Yes I was using a path.
    I have not tried a custom build. However my concern is even if I use custom when I select dwarf as a race will I get the +1 str & -2 con instead of the expected +2 con & -2 cha all dwarfs should get? regardless of what class I have chosen. If I am doing a custom I will be able to counteract this incorrect change.

However getting the racial adjustments correct at character creation would seem to be a fundamental part of the game for D&D online.

I have played pen & paper D&D for many years. I played EQ & WOW before moving to D&D online. When I did I created a number of Chars using the paths for ease which seem to play okay, but are still low level. Since reading the forums I have seen most people recommend custom builds.

I think I will follow your advise & do custom from now on & will just live with my other characters as they are, although the dwarf I think will be deleted.

Thanks for your replies & input

Solane12

A human would start with all stats at 8 and a dwarf due to the adjustment start with 8/8/10/8/8/6. However what you notice here is what the path is distributing to the stats afterwards. So it put just 2 points into CON but 10 points into STR to reach 16. The problem is that the higher the stat value the more expensive is the distribution. At 14 STR each additional point will cost 2.

Thus distributing 4 points into CHA and 6 points into INT you run short on points for increasing CON further. While INT is important for skill points and a minimum INT of 13 is required to pickup the Combat Expertise feat, it is a ridiculous distribution. Especially considering that each character that is not just created for the 100 Favour run should easily be able to obtain the 400 Favour +2 stat tome, which as well help to reach a minimum requirement for a feat.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    400 Favour +2 stat tome
    Actually 1750 Favor
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Yes I was using a path.
    I have not tried a custom build. However my concern is even if I use custom when I select dwarf as a race will I get the +1 str & -2 con instead of the expected +2 con & -2 cha all dwarfs should get? regardless of what class I have chosen. If I am doing a custom I will be able to counteract this incorrect change.

However getting the racial adjustments correct at character creation would seem to be a fundamental part of the game for D&D online.

I have played pen & paper D&D for many years. I played EQ & WOW before moving to D&D online. When I did I created a number of Chars using the paths for ease which seem to play okay, but are still low level. Since reading the forums I have seen most people recommend custom builds.

I think I will follow your advise & do custom from now on & will just live with my other characters as they are, although the dwarf I think will be deleted.

Thanks for your replies & input

Solane12
    Custom is fine, they are not bugged. Delete all pathed toons you've made, they will never be a good toon in comparison. Or I guess everyone has one free lr per toon so that would work too but get them all off the paths and redo them.