Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

We'll see a new Iconic before we see a new race or class.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    We'll see a new Iconic before we see a new race or class.
    To be fair, while I'm not a fan of them Iconics are new Races. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    To be fair, while I'm not a fan of them Iconics are new Races. lol
    I gues you could marginally say that...but, I wouldn't.

Kobold.
    Or, if it is to be an Iconic: Paragon Kobold.

The only problem I'd have with putting in Kobold as a race would be the problem of the tail and current armors looking right on their character models.. Yeah, they could just have the tail clip out of the armor - like Elder Scrolls games have always done with Khajiit and Argonians... but that's always bugged me. A race with a tail would have armor made to accommodate said tail. Given how Kobolds stand - PC armors and robes would look iffy at best on them.

Given how DDO has implemented races thus far, the Devs seem to take the path of least resistance when creating new races. So, for that reason alone, I think if we get a new race at all it will be one whose resources already exist in the game and would only require slight tweaking to make them a PC race. So, if they come at all, I'd expect Tiefling, Aasimar, or Gnomes. Kobolds would fit into this mold as well - but see my points above and the path of least resistance.

Kobolds I'd probably spend money on, even my misgivings about their appearance. The rest... not so much.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Iconic Kobold Sorcerers.

NOW.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Iconic Kobold Sorcerers.

NOW.
    This...and Racial Prestige Class = Draconic Disciple

Note: I don't even liek the idea of Iconics (mainly the requiring of a specific class) but I'd except almost anything to get Kobolds (and "Real" gnomes...aka +Int gnomes) into DDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

a real gnome. Tinkering, creating explosive devices. Would be great with arti's. Gnome racial, modify flame turret to shoot fireballs like a machine gun! New invention, The Rail Gun. Course that crappy bow and arrow would finally have the dirt shoveled over it in the hole if that happened.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Default Isn't it about time for a new race again?

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    Kobolds.
    This was the single most intelligent post I have read in months on these forums.

A very BIG YES TO KOBOLDS!
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    a real gnome. Tinkering, creating explosive devices. Would be great with arti's. Gnome racial, modify flame turret to shoot fireballs like a machine gun! New invention, The Rail Gun. Course that crappy bow and arrow would finally have the dirt shoveled over it in the hole if that happened.
    As long as they have +Int I'm good
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

If you listened to the DDO Cast you would have heard alot on this subject from Glin last week...

Found HERE

3 more Iconic characters named (Dark Elf, Dwarven Battle Rager, Harper Class Witch) for a future update, Gnomes and some other races/classes have been 'Priced' and are currently being fit into possible distant future game plans (no difinitive timeline).

Join Patrick as he interviews Producer Glin, Tolero, and Cordovan about changes (and more changes) to reincarnation, xp, dev life, content, gnomes, epic threnal and more! Then stick around for the second hour and the usual (slightly larger amount of) news!
    Last edited by Zzevel; 10-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The only problem I'd have with putting in Kobold as a race would be the problem of the tail and current armors looking right on their character models.
    Don't forget the snout, either. You're not going to fit a Kobold into a Minos Legens without some serious surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Don't forget the snout, either. You're not going to fit a Kobold into a Minos Legens without some serious surgery.
    Easy enough...bend the front out a bit to follow the snout, I'd say its an easier adjustment than changing armor for Half-Orcs.

Community Member

Default I agree we need all the core races in the game

I think we should get gnomes and maybe be a new class like warlock or a ninja since these are my favorite PnP classes

Well I have a list they can choose from:

Worgs
    Goblins
    Hobgoblins
    Trolls
    Giants
    Drawf/Hobbits - seriously? What's with everyone's obsession with small characters in Roleplay?
    Mummies
    Harpies
    Vampires
    Catfolk/Wolffolk

and that pretty much covers everyone's wants and lets face it they could easily port over the AI models slap some tattoo designs and facial options on them and call it a job well done, it's really that simple really. Although I bet alot of people are going to complain about how lazy the developers are... I mean I am about the graphics in the game but don't mind me! I'm just a guy who played when the game came out with Atari's name on the box.

I want to roll a giant, so I can finally have my revenge, knocking me back all the time.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I want to roll a giant, so I can finally have my revenge, knocking me back all the time.
    It's easy to roll a giant. They're top heavy and their steering is garbage. Even if you replace the suspension, they're still worse than a Ford Bronco.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

We need a new race that gives +2 to Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by TanisSutton View Post

Worgs instakilled on entering eberron by any silver flame worshipper, also, this isn't WoW
    Goblins
    Hobgoblins
    Trolls they are chained to the forum already, also, their regeneration has serious balancing isuess.
    Giants far too big for the quest maps, imagin going through the waterworks with one. Half giants might work.
    Drawf/Hobbits - seriously? What's with everyone's obsession with small characters in Roleplay? halflings are already in the game
    Mummies are a template, not a race
    Harpies to hard to fit clothing modols around them
    Vampires again, not a race but a template, The populace in stormreach micht just be cosmopolitan enough to allow for them to exist in the shadow, eveningstar seems too backwatter to me to allow for them. Also sunlight....
    Catfolk/Wolffolk doesn't fit Eberron, wheretouched atleast come close to the idea. Furry humanoids are, well... kinda resembling lycantropes a bit too much for their own good
    half your ideas wouldn't fit the campain setting/level design.
    iconics will be here first, they make more money

To be honnest, with the apearence of iconics, i have never understood why turbine isn't selling Templates.
    half giant, half dragon, half celestial, half fiendish, phrenic, lich (especialy the desert dry lich), voidmind, half minataur etc. Bladeforged proved that turbine can program in spells onto an existing spell list.

Sell these templates for 50 bucks a pop, bound to character, must be a tr character, make m all stack!
    Instant profit! XD

Quote Originally Posted by TanisSutton View Post

Worgs
    Goblins
    Hobgoblins
    Trolls
    Giants
    Drawf/Hobbits - seriously? What's with everyone's obsession with small characters in Roleplay?
    Mummies
    Harpies
    Vampires
    Catfolk/Wolffolk

and that pretty much covers everyone's wants and lets face it they could easily port over the AI models slap some tattoo designs and facial options on them and call it a job well done, it's really that simple really. Although I bet alot of people are going to complain about how lazy the developers are... I mean I am about the graphics in the game but don't mind me! I'm just a guy who played when the game came out with Atari's name on the box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123