Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Lamannia Downtime

Lamannia will be down for maintenance from 8am to 12pm EST (GMT -4).

Lamannia is back up and running! We are also back to using the old launcher.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Was the copy tool fixed so that we could copy again our characters if they had been copied before the wipe ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default Problem starting up after patch

The turbineinvoker and turbinelaucher are crashing loop. It happened after a restart for graphics package.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Ditto for me. The launcher updated and is now not starting except for some infinite loop. (Or so Task Manager tells me)
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Same here, can see the helpful reply now just quickly download and reinstall wont you there's a good lad ey
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Same infinite loop with turbineinvoker turbinelauncher. Task manager couldn't shut it down. Had to rename turbineinvoker just to get it to stop.

I am having the same problem, anyone have a fix that won't take 4 or more hours to reload it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marupal View Post
    Same infinite loop with turbineinvoker turbinelauncher. Task manager couldn't shut it down. Had to rename turbineinvoker just to get it to stop.
    Renaming TurbineInvoker.exe was the only way to stop this loop (short of rebooting or logging off the windows user). The rollback of launchers didn't go as smoothly as expected. Since it ran good for the first time (started by the new launcher) the fix can't be too hard. Hand out a ZIP file containing the correct files please

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this issue.

ok guess it is not just me I am also having the same problem Launcher is in a loop after the update any idea as to when it will be fixed having to reboot pc to get it stopped is kind of annoying

Smile

I had to uninstall and reinstall the launcher this has worked for me.
    William L. DeAemond

Current workaround: If you take the TurbineInvoker from your Live client and replace the one in your Lamannia client, you can re-launch and access Lamannia.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The next Lamannia build will not have this issue.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 05-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Angry

guess I will wait till tomorrow not been able to launch my live server for the last 3 months after the big maintenance shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Current workaround: If you take the TurbineInvoker from your Live client and replace the one in your Lamannia client, you can re-launch and access Lamannia.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The next Lamannia build will not have this issue.

Thank you Squeak. That worked.

Any information about the new build?

Even if Live is being difficult, the TurbineInvoker itself from the Live client should be fine, so you can still use it to access Lamannia.

Unfortunately we'll have to put up with the workaround for a bit longer than I had hoped we would

And the current Lamannia build was mainly to revert back to the old Launcher and to fix a couple of bugs with the U18 dungeons.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 05-17-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Even if Live is being difficult, the TurbineInvoker itself from the Live client should be fine, so you can still use it to access Lamannia.

Unfortunately we'll have to put up with the workaround for a bit longer than I had hoped we would

And the current Lamannia build was mainly to revert back to the old Launcher and to fix a couple of bugs with the U18 dungeons.
    thanks for the information Squeak!

Have a brilliant weekend!

Community Member

Angry

the fix doesn't work for me. Cannot end the loop. Complete failure on Turbine yet again. Character copy doesn't work either. Lost all progress from a week. Thanks for crashing my cpu yet again.

Community Member

Default Suggestion

Squeak, you'd be doing yourself and Turbine a huge favor just to post once a day during the week to advise how things are going. Even if it's as little as "we're still working on x and hope to have a fix SOON," it won't take much time and will do a lot to reassure some nervous players.

Angry

I also tried the work around it failed to work still in a loop. I did how ever did an uninstall and a reinstall it did get me access into the game but kept getting the restart notice and when i did log out and tried to re-log back in I was back to the launcher going into the loop and not launching. Hope you get the problem solved soon other wise it is going to be a long and boring weekend

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast