Community Member

Default Trading 10 FRDS for 1550 for 1550 TP code

Reasonable price,send pm here.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup View Post
    Reasonable price,send pm here.
    Just wanted to let you know so you don't get in trouble

Hello everyone,

My name is Nod, and I work within the Customer Service team on a variety of issues. One of my primary responsibilities is to investigate and take action on violations of the Code of Conduct, especially any violations related to unauthorized real-money transactions. This may sound strange in a free-to-play game, but it is necessary to both prevent the spamming of our games and protect the security of our players.

What falls under this heading? Any purchasing of platinum, items (greensteel ingredients, tomes, scales etc.), and powerleveling (having someone level your character for you) from a website that is not run by Turbine is a violation of the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct is clear on this issue: You may not advertise the intent to, or commit the act of, unauthorized selling or buying of game items for real-world monetary values. You may find the Code of Conduct here.

To clarify:

You may not purchase in-game items (including platinum) for real-world money from any source that is not Turbine.
    The only authorized way to purchase items or services is through Turbine premium services or the Turbine store.

What happens if this occurs?

Action will be taken against your account, up to and including a permanent account suspension.

If you have any questions about this issue, you may contact us at rmt@turbine.com or submit a question via the contact form at http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/670

Thank you,

Nod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Just wanted to let you know so you don't get in trouble

Hello everyone,

My name is Nod, and I work within the Customer Service team on a variety of issues. One of my primary responsibilities is to investigate and take action on violations of the Code of Conduct, especially any violations related to unauthorized real-money transactions. This may sound strange in a free-to-play game, but it is necessary to both prevent the spamming of our games and protect the security of our players.

What falls under this heading? Any purchasing of platinum, items (greensteel ingredients, tomes, scales etc.), and powerleveling (having someone level your character for you) from a website that is not run by Turbine is a violation of the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct is clear on this issue: You may not advertise the intent to, or commit the act of, unauthorized selling or buying of game items for real-world monetary values. You may find the Code of Conduct here.

To clarify:

You may not purchase in-game items (including platinum) for real-world money from any source that is not Turbine.
    The only authorized way to purchase items or services is through Turbine premium services or the Turbine store.

What happens if this occurs?

Action will be taken against your account, up to and including a permanent account suspension.

If you have any questions about this issue, you may contact us at rmt@turbine.com or submit a question via the contact form at http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/670

Thank you,

Nod
    That CSR quote is well over 3 years old.

This has been going on for years with no issues. If it indeed is against the rules, then turbine is turning a blind eye. There have been numerous threads about it in the meantime.

Let's not turn his trade post into yet another discussion about this.

Community Member

All this has happened before, and will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    That CSR quote is well over 3 years old.

This has been going on for years with no issues. If it indeed is against the rules, then turbine is turning a blind eye. There have been numerous threads about it in the meantime.

Let's not turn his trade post into yet another discussion about this.
    The code of conduct and terms of service were created in 2006, does that mean we should no longer follow them to because they are many years old?

If anything this means that Turbine should finally just come out and address this issue.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The code of conduct and terms of service were created in 2006, does that mean we should no longer follow them to because they are many years old?
    If anything this means that Turbine should finally just come out and address this issue. They will never say one way or the other. Even if it technically breaks a ToS or CoC rule, no company in their right minds would ever restrict ways to produce labor/free pure profit. It just won't happen.
    To clarify:

You may not purchase in-game items (including platinum) for real-world money from any source that is not Turbine. He's not trading in outside money, he's trading in TP which is a source directly from Turbine. Safe.
    The only authorized way to purchase items or services is through Turbine premium services or the Turbine store. He's trading TP from the Turbine store. So he is in fact buying them from the store, just in a indirect way. Safe.
    Answers in RED.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Answers in RED.
    It all comes down to interpretation. I was just responding to you saying that because that first quote was 3 years old you implied it didn't matter anymore. While I brought up the other stuff from 6 years ago and asked the same thing.

Like I said interpretation.
    When I see this:
    To me it means that if I'm getting TP from anyone not turbine I am breaking this rule if I am using in-game items to get it. It doesn't matter who bought the TP, it wasn't from turbine so it's against the rules. Hence why a clarification is needed. We can also also Zonixx how it went, oh wait we can't because he is perma banned for this supposedly.