Default DDO Bonus Days - 20% XP bonus this weekend

DDO has been a ghost town recently... please give us a +20% XP bonus weekend to get some people to log back in.
    Dorian

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Not that I'm against more xp, but what would +20% xp do that +15% (as is on until the 22nd) won't do? Will we suddenly see twice as many people on because of those 5%?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Not that I'm against more xp, but what would +20% xp do that +15% (as is on until the 22nd) won't do? Will we suddenly see twice as many people on because of those 5%?
    wow. I did not know that there was a +15% bonus going on. they must have just changed the launcher.

that works!
    Dorian

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    wow. I did not know that there was a +15% bonus going on. they must have just changed the launcher.

that works!
    Hehe, okey

But yeah, finding official info atm is... somewhat... hmm... less than easy?

you could slap 60% crazy bonus month in there and I think the result would be the same.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Default would be better

imo if they did heroic and epic separately that would funnel a greater number of players questing at the same level

it would also allow for two different xp weekends in the bonus days rotation .

this is how it was and then someone at turbine thought this was better

not the best decision for the game

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dopey69 View Post
    imo if they did heroic and epic separately that would funnel a greater number of players questing at the same level

Agreed, having them on separate timers allows people to plan around what character they play and when. And it has been ghost town lately Halppp

I cannot disagree more with this. Back when they did separate heroic/epic xp bonuses without fail every time the xp was for epic I was mid TR focus, and every time it was heroic i would have just hit 20, I missed the bonus every single time.
    Whoever had the idea to combine the 2 into a single bonus has my eternal gratitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    I cannot disagree more with this. Back when they did separate heroic/epic xp bonuses without fail every time the xp was for epic I was mid TR focus, and every time it was heroic i would have just hit 20, I missed the bonus every single time.
    Whoever had the idea to combine the 2 into a single bonus has my eternal gratitude.
    Wait, what? Not following you? Or sure if serious, but

So, when they ran heroic xp week every time, you would miss it. But every time they ran the same Heroic xp week without running an epic xp week, you didnt miss it.....

How does removal of an extra week of alternate xp make you not miss the same heroic xp weeks that they have always been running?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Wait, what? Not following you? Or sure if serious, but

So, when they ran heroic xp week every time, you would miss it. But every time they ran the same Heroic xp week without running an epic xp week, you didnt miss it.....

How does removal of an extra week of alternate xp make you not miss the same heroic xp weeks that they have always been running?
    He's saying that he had bad luck and always managed to be at the wrong character level for whatever bonus they were running. When they were running epic bonus his toon was in heroic levels. When they where running heroic bonuses his toon was 20+.

I like having both bonuses at the same time, it means I can play whatever character I want and not feel like I'm missing out.

Combining them was indeed a reaction to some pretty intense player outcry, back when we did them separately. Whenever a Heroic weekend was announced, we'd get quite a bit of criticism from those who wished to run Epic quests, and visa versa. So, based on player requests, we combined them. I guess this falls along the lines of "can't make everyone happy no matter what you do."
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Combining them was indeed a reaction to some pretty intense player outcry, back when we did them separately. Whenever a Heroic weekend was announced, we'd get quite a bit of criticism from those who wished to run Epic quests, and visa versa. So, based on player requests, we combined them. I guess this falls along the lines of "can't make everyone happy no matter what you do."
    Personally, I'm extremely happy with this change. Please send kind words to any and all involved in making it combined instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    "can't make everyone happy no matter what you do."

Quite possibly one of the most underused comments from Team Turbine.

And probably a statement that needs to be said more when asking players for feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.