Default Blind-Fighting Feat

Blind-Fighting
    General Feat, may be taken as a fighter bonus feat.
    Requirements: +1 BAB and +13 Wisdom
    Description: You are immune to blindness and your attacks bypass 10% dodge.

What do ya'll think? This will really help melee characters, I think.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Blind-Fighting

Not sure how often I'd put 13 wisdom on a Melee toon, unless he was monk.

I wouldn't use a feat slot to get immune to blindness when a pot or item can duplicate the affect.

I've not much knowledge about the dodge part to comment, but I never really notice any trouble hitting stuff in epic hards ( can't speak for epic elites). So I'd see no reason to worry about bypassing dodge.

It'd honestly be another feat in long line of feats that I would never use.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Blind-Fighting

As mentioned by the other poster, this doesn't really offer enough to be worth giving up a feat slot, even on a fighter or monk.

Add a bit more meat.

Requirements: +1 BAB and 13 Wisdom
    Description: You have studied intensively in the art of blind fighting. You know the strengths and weaknesses of the fighting style and can navigate your surroundings equally well when blinded. You are effectively immune to blind effects and the visual distractions of all fog effects and glitterdust. You suffer no miss chance against blurry or displaced targets and you gain 50% dodge (in addition to other miss chances) when being attacked by blinded opponents due to your knowledge of blind fighting.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Add a bit more meat.
    No, no, no. That's too powerful for a feat. That's a feat + enhancements. My personal suggestion for a blind fight feat is
    Blind-Fight [General]
    Benefit
    In melee, every time you miss because of concealment, you can reroll your miss chance percentile roll one time to see if you actually hit.

An invisible attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you in melee. That is, you don’t lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn’t get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible. The invisible attacker’s bonuses do still apply for ranged attacks, however.

You take only half the usual penalty to speed for being unable to see. Darkness and poor visibility in general reduces your speed to three-quarters normal, instead of one-half.

Normal
    Regular attack roll modifiers for invisible attackers trying to hit you apply, and you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC. The speed reduction for darkness and poor visibility also applies.

Special
    The Blind-Fight feat is of no use against a character who is the subject of a blink spell.

A fighter may select Blind-Fight as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    Is it worth taking? If you find yourself with a free feat slot, sure. It doesn't have pointless requirements, and best of all, it's how it is supposed to be in the game.

Personally, I'd rather just craft some Blindness Immunity/True Seeing goggles, but that's me. Or you can just carry blindness removal potions. At least until they become Potions of Blindness Resistance +4/+6/+8/+10.

Why not just have the blind fight feat be like in tabletop? Whenever you roll for blindness (or concealment), if you fail, you get one more roll to try and beat it.