Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default Expansion Question

    Is there an Expansion?
    I mean, I remember what Glin said. I dont really know Glin... especially as the dev tracker is not working.
    I remember what Fernando said. At least we know where we stand with Fernando.

    I even remember posting some thread or other... but since they "restored" the Forum accounts and "reset" my Name I am having Trouble finding myself...

    My question:
    Have Turbine published anything saying that the Expansion is not going to happen?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  2. #2
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    985

    Default

    No, nothing said they are not.


    My guess is that because of certain promised things last expansion that were not delivered as promised, turbine is not going to let us know what exactly the expansion will be having until they have the lama preview a few weeks before the actual thing comes out.

  3. #3
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Well if they aint gonna talk then the pre-order pack should be especially good... or else they aint gonna make so much Money.

    But with all the silence since the bombings at the Marathon.... everything has been too quiet.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  4. #4
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Due to the relative lack of information about it compared to last year's expansion, I think it's just going to be a very big update and not a full-fledged expansion. I could be wrong, but we would have heard SOMETHING by now about it.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Due to the relative lack of information about it compared to last year's expansion, I think it's just going to be a very big update and not a full-fledged expansion. I could be wrong, but we would have heard SOMETHING by now about it.
    It is strange. Things have been SO quiet from the dev's that I can't figure out if the whole game is collapsing on itself or not. Ever since the forum changes it seems like the game is absolutely dead. Certainly a dev update would help the image here, unless everyone has been canned in which case the game is on the way out.

    edit: Hey! I got my forum handle back, which means that someone must be working on something!
    Last edited by psteen1; 05-16-2013 at 10:57 AM.

  6. #6
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    so no xp Stones L10-20?
    so no permanten Gold seal owlbear hirelings?

    awwww shucks. Im off to Play Elder Scrolls.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  7. #7
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    It is strange. Things have been SO quiet from the dev's that I can't figure out if the whole game is collapsing on itself or not. Ever since the forum changes it seems like the game is absolutely dead. Certainly a dev update would help the image here, unless everyone has been canned in which case the game is on the way out.

    edit: Hey! I got my forum handle back, which means that someone must be working on something!
    While I'm as frustrated as anyone by the lack of information, typically when Turbine goes silent... good things have happened.

    Remember we went almost a full year without any updates and virtually no information, then they announced the game was going Free to Play.

    I think they were ambitious with MOTU and made mistakes along the way, especially in talking up stuff they failed to deliver I find it more likely that they are not going to give away much information until everything in the expansion is set in stone.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  8. #8
    Community Member wesclough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I believe that it is still a go... apparently access to one of the quests that comes with update 18 (now active on lam) is going to be dependent on preording the expansion.

    I would expect more information on the expansion around the time that update 18 comes out.

  9. #9
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    While I'm as frustrated as anyone by the lack of information, typically when Turbine goes silent... good things have happened.

    Remember we went almost a full year without any updates and virtually no information, then they announced the game was going Free to Play.
    Wasnt that silence more to do with some Kind of court case?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  10. #10
    Founder Hambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesclough View Post
    I believe that it is still a go... apparently access to one of the quests that comes with update 18 (now active on lam) is going to be dependent on preording the expansion. I would expect more information on the expansion around the time that update 18 comes out.
    I think the U18 quests are more like the "flagging" quests with Lolth in the update prior to MotU.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

  11. #11
    Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    We are certainty working on stuff for the expansion, though I can't comment on when more information will be available.

  12. #12
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    so no permanten Gold seal owlbear hirelings?
    Owlbear whistles are live on Lamdaland.

    Acts like a hireling - 'Owlbear Champion' (IIRC) - CR17 and the whistle is a summon monster clickie - usable once per rest - not currently exclusive - haven't tried to summon multiple - don't know where it drops - if it drops - usable at level 15 - like the onyx panther - just bigger. :P

    Hope this helps.

  13. #13
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I think the U18 quests are more like the "flagging" quests with Lolth in the update prior to MotU.

    That has been my impression so far from Lamdaland.

  14. #14
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesclough View Post
    I would expect more information on the expansion around the time that update 18 comes out.
    I concur.

    Lot of the silence is the forums issues. The changes and temporary read only of the forums drove players away and post count went dramatically down. Even after most of the issues have been resolved, it will take time for the players to come back and information to flow.

    As far as the Dev's silence - its been all hands on deck at Turbine since the enhancement alpha / U18 preview / forum fixes..... I would expect more after the upcoming American holiday weekend. Just look at the extended bonus days (from Thursday through Tuesday and US Memorial Day isn't for another week).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload