Community Member

Default Rogue builds/weapon

Hey all just trying to figure out afew things with my rogue. First of all what weapon does everyone recommend? ive been hearing either khopesh or scimitar just want to know which one people recommend

secondly im looking at a rogue 13, paly 6 fighter 1 splash mostly to help with damage and saves. I've tried making afew variants but not having a whole lot of success at this stage. Basically id like to get the 13 rogue for the improved sneak attack epic feat, which means getting the 21 dex without enhancements or items. Other than that pretty open to feat suggestions but was pretty much thinking two weapon fighting and such. Anyway hope to get some feedback soon : D

A little more information would help. For acrobat staff, mechanic would be crossbow. Dual weilding would be assassin, i would reccomend pure for assassinate dc (others may not agree). The enhancement bypass is coming soon so maybe hold off till after that. Acrobat could be fun after bypass and 13 rogue would suffice. So maybe wait and see. Good luck.

Emi

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l0rddan View Post
    First of all what weapon does everyone recommend? ive been hearing either khopesh or scimitar just want to know which one people recommend
    Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: All things being equal, khopeshes are still the best choice for dual-wielders, with rapiers or scimitars being a reasonable alternative; khopeshes do better crit dmg, rapiers & scimitars are better if you like proc-on-crit effects, such as the blinding effect from Radiance. [Note: rapiers are a rogue weapon, scimitars are not.] Kukris are an interesting alternative for rogues, particularly for a pure Assassin who will most likely want to use eMidnight (not aware of any other weapon w/+2 Assassinate DC); plus there are some goodies in the Enhancement overhaul for Assassins using kukris (or daggers). Things get more complicated if you're comparing specific named weapons, though; Celestia and Balizarde are both great choices for epics and, as you can see, neither is a khopesh.
    secondly im looking at a rogue 13, paly 6 fighter 1 splash mostly to help with damage and saves.
    Have a look at my Divine Swashbuckler. It's gonna need a revamp post-Enhancement overhaul, but the concept is still sound, IMHO. In particular, I'm hoping the chances make DEX builds more viable, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Short answer: it depends.

Have a look at my Divine Swashbuckler. It's gonna need a revamp post-Enhancement overhaul, but the concept is still sound, IMHO. In particular, I'm hoping the chances make DEX builds more viable, not less.

Will you need to splash as deeply with the enhancement pass? You can only take one tier 5 so if you are planning on rogue then there may be no point going past 4. I have been toying with pal/fighter splash for rogue (13) acrobat. 10% healing boost at tier 3, 4 and 5. However want the improved crit range from rogue, poss fighter, tier 5.

Oh, hi by the way.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emizand View Post
    Will you need to splash as deeply with the enhancement pass?
    Hence my "needs a revamp" comment. You will still need pal 6 if you want the core enhancements from that level; I just haven't figured out if they're worthwhile yet. Fortunately, all existing chars are supposed to get free LR +20 when the Enhancement changes roll out; so you can start your char now, then redo it later.

Personally I think the tier abilities should be tied to higher class lvls; it's kinda ridiculous how much you could unlock with just 5 or 6 lvls of a given class. But we'll see what happens when it finally makes it to open beta or live...

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    You will still need pal 6 if you want the core enhancements from that level; I just haven't figured out if they're worthwhile yet.

Core:

Lvl 1) Slayer of Evil 1 (1AP): +1 to-hit, +1d6 damage, +2 to saves vs. either undead or evil outsiders.

Lvl 3) Courage of Heaven (1AP): Your aura of courage grants an additional +2 sacred bonus to saves against fear and now grants +2 sacred bonus to saves against enchantment. You also gain +1d6 damage to attacks against all evil enemies.

Lvl 6) Slayer of Evil 2 (1AP): You choice in slayer of evil 1 gets improved to +2, +2d6, +3

For me 4 lvls will be plenty.

Community Member

Well ok lots to consider :L was looking at duel wielding hadn't taken much of a look at the assassin to be honest is it really worth it? Khopesh seems the way to go then by the look of things. Ive seen a lot of people talking about the enhancement patch thingy but I don't really know what that means to be honest :P is the revamp going to really change all that much?

Quote Originally Posted by l0rddan View Post
    Well ok lots to consider :L was looking at duel wielding hadn't taken much of a look at the assassin to be honest is it really worth it? Khopesh seems the way to go then by the look of things. Ive seen a lot of people talking about the enhancement patch thingy but I don't really know what that means to be honest :P is the revamp going to really change all that much?
    Assassin, worth it? Yes. Unless you're using a staff (for fun) or a repeater (no comment), assassin is best.

Khopeshes are okay, but cost a feat - may be worth it, depending on your build.

Enhancement pass will change every existing build. None will be spared. (Even juggernauts will be slightly different!)... So yes, it's a big deal. And yes, it will change everything. Have I said that yet? Because it will. However, don't worry about it! Just use the free lr +20 you're given to fix it. (Or, be sneaky and save yours like me. :3)

The Hatchery

At high levels, I can only recommend Improved Deception weapons. It's a very powerful effect.

And after the enhancement pass, most of the improved deception items will have a 15-20/x3 crit profile, if you have the Assassin enhancements.