Great Cleave
    Improved Critical: slash / changed to ranged at cap
    Weapon Focus: Ranged
    Point Blank Shot
    Manyshot
    Quicken
    Overwhelming Critical
    Empower Healing

In both builds Toughness can be changed for Inspire Excellence at cap (still have my free LR).

Help me decide pls and refine ?
    Last edited by Sokól; 05-16-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    Going to TR my sorc to a Barcher and I have been thinking of 2 builds

34 pt Human 16 Bard 2 Ranger 2 Rogue

Stats:
    Strength 16
    Dexterity 15
    Constitution 14
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 8
    Charisma 14

Ranger: Bow strength and Rapid shot
    Toughness
    Power Attack
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Improved Critical: slash / changed to ranged at cap
    Point Blank Shot
    Manyshot
    Quicken
    Overwhelming Critical
    Empower Healing

34 pt Helf AA 16 Bard 2 Ranger 2 fighter

Stats:
    Strength 16
    Dexterity 15
    Constitution 16
    Intelligence 8
    Wisdom 8
    Charisma 14

Ranger: Bow strength and Rapid shot
    Toughness
    Power Attack
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Improved Critical: slash
    Improved Critical: ranged
    Point Blank Shot
    Manyshot
    Quicken
    Overwhelming Critical
    Empower Healing

In both builds Toughness can be changed for Inspire Excellence at cap (still have my free LR).

Help me decide pls and refine ?
    Looks pretty solid in stats and feats. You really do want inspire excellence.
    On both builds, change empower healing for maximize. It's empower healing, but twice.

On the first build, drop CHA to 12, DEX to 14 and pump CON to 16. Not buying 1 con for just 2 points is downright absurd on any build.
    *I'd maybe go pure archer and drop power attack, cleave, great cleave and overwhelming alltogether for toughness, epic toughness, going h-elf (AA), and either extend or empower healing (in addition to maximize)... but that's a different build.

On the second build I'd drop DEX to 13, and boost STR or CON to 17. (or if you don't have a +4 dex tome, drop dex by 1 and cha by 1 instead)

*This is going to sound weird, but on both builds I'd levelup (some) in CON. With no toughness feats, I prefer 75 HP over +3 damage.

Even if you find the statements marked * sound crazy, don't disregard the rest :P I'm much more sure about maximize>empowerheal, inspire excellence>toughness, and the dropping of dex and cha in favor of better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rull View Post
    Looks pretty solid in stats and feats. You really do want inspire excellence.
    On both builds, change empower healing for maximize. It's empower healing, but twice.

On the first build, drop CHA to 12, DEX to 14 and pump CON to 16. Not buying 1 con for just 2 points is downright absurd on any build.
    *I'd maybe go pure archer and drop power attack, cleave, great cleave and overwhelming alltogether for toughness, epic toughness, going h-elf (AA), and either extend or empower healing (in addition to maximize)... but that's a different build.

On the second build I'd drop DEX to 13, and boost STR or CON to 17. (or if you don't have a +4 dex tome, drop dex by 1 and cha by 1 instead)

*This is going to sound weird, but on both builds I'd levelup (some) in CON. With no toughness feats, I prefer 75 HP over +3 damage.

Even if you find the statements marked * sound crazy, don't disregard the rest :P I'm much more sure about maximize>empowerheal, inspire excellence>toughness, and the dropping of dex and cha in favor of better stats.
    All good points

I agree taking the AA build to more ranged, be a spell singer maybe and adding the IPS feat to but would need a +4 dex tome for that no biggie.

But I must admit I am leaning more towards the Human build because also having rogue skills might just make it the perfect support toon!

I was thinking Empower Heal because of Cocoon I do not think that Maximize works on that.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    All good points

I agree taking the AA build to more ranged, be a spell singer maybe and adding the IPS feat to but would need a +4 dex tome for that no biggie.

But I must admit I am leaning more towards the Human build because also having rogue skills might just make it the perfect support toon!

I was thinking Empower Heal because of Cocoon I do not think that Maximize works on that.
    True, but I find a cure critical for 350-400 much more reliable than the cocoon. In EE the temporary HP are gone in a single hit and then the healing stops, cocoon's cheap heals in content that's easy anyway, but it's not like being truly selfhealing IMO. (and there are so many other good twists to get instead... taking cocoon is giving up +4 damage at least.)

Just to be clear, on the second build I'd split between melee and ranged since the 2 fighter feats enable you to do this, but on the first build with 2 rogue maybe I'd not.
    Dunno, you may pull it off, but I THINK you have to choose 2 out of threefrom rogueskills+evasion, ranged and melee... Doing all 3 is hard to pull off feat-wise (in addition to the healing, buffing and CC... :P).
    Last edited by Rull; 05-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.