Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

For those doubting the math, no it's not a joke or a shot in the dark.

- I multibox
    - I log in and out A LOT

This bug has really eaten away at my SOVEREIGN 50% pot timers a significant amount. Just really POed about the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Yep, I am the dumb one for complaining about an XP pot that looses a few SECONDS while I fully log in to do nothing but chat with people.

What's the next gem? Loosing a few second on a renown pot while I never enter a Quest??

Only thing dumb going on here is people drinking XP pots and not going into a quest.

Maybe next time do not drink a pot if your using this MMO as a glorified chat room.
    Dude, the point is that it SHOULDN'T happen, regardless of how much time is lost. You shouldn't lose a single second.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Dude, the point is that it SHOULDN'T happen, regardless of how much time is lost. You shouldn't lose a single second.
    Fair enought, I am all with that idea in a perfect non-bugged game. However I feel that if you lost such an amount of time on an xp pot (3secs by 3secs), maybe you should have done something before... It's not like if the timer was 6h, 6h, 6h, 6h, then suddendly 2 hours left. Let's say you saw it coming and decided to do nothing.

I think no time should be taken away at all but here's my experience: I've had a mule that I stopped playing while he had maybe 2 hours left on a pot and I remember the timer was still running 2-3 years later (anyway till recently). Of course I wouldn't be logging it as much as my main but still several time per weeks. Also I didn't notice such a drop during all that time and I don't know if the timer would have ever actually drain itself over time because I deleted that character. In the end I remember that I clearly lost a couple minutes but it didn't seem that bad. (Note: Personnal experience may differ)

In the end... yea it clearly sucks though just for the fact that you do lose seconds.

Edit: "You" not being the person I quoted but anyone this happens to.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 05-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    XP pots are ticking down a few seconds every login,

You can see a difference of 2 seconds in these screenshots. On the first load, I lost about 5-6 seconds. Subsequent loads from the character screen were faster and took off less time.

I estimate that I've lost a good 4 hours of Sovereign pot time due to this change. Will a GM do anything for me to remedy the lost time?
    So you've logged in and out over 400 times in a month on the same character? That is a lot o' loggin.'

Community Member

Yep, I am the dumb one for complaining about an XP pot that looses a few SECONDS while I fully log in to do nothing but chat with people.

What's the next gem? Loosing a few second on a renown pot while I never enter a Quest??

Only thing dumb going on here is people drinking XP pots and not going into a quest.

Maybe next time do not drink a pot if your using this MMO as a glorified chat room.

Indeed you are. Let me elucidate. First, the fact that he doesn't use(read as quest for the confused) his pot right away shouldn't be an issue, oh bright one, and so assuming no questing he should be able to chat without worrying about what his or her pot is doing. I know, you think, you drank a pot, quest more, right? That is myopic.

Second, it states it should not happen and does. That all by itself is AMPLE reason to complain and have redress.

I won't bother to go further, it wouldn't help you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    So you've logged in and out over 400 times in a month on the same character? That is a lot o' loggin.'
    Not on a single char, over a few multiboxes. Easily 400+ times, more likely 1000+ times. My estimate was really conservative, and I've probably lost a lot more time than I stated.

And yes I probably should have taken noticed and stopped, but I didn't think there was any possibility that this was happening, so I didn't think for once to test it out. I only noticed as my XP pot timers were significantly lower than they should be.

At any rate, I've filled a ticket and asked for at least a partial refund. Will post again when I get a reply.
    Last edited by AtomicMew; 05-16-2013 at 07:02 PM.

It's been around for a while, I have a slower computer and lose about 30-90 seconds per login (sometimes x2 because I crash on the first login in some situations). I never thought much of it because, since I have a slow comp, I avoid toon switches and such when I can, and losing a minute or two isn't all that big of a deal.

Guess some people forget when you log out in a public area, logging back in puts you right back in that public area. Even if your computer is still loading, your toon can be observed in the public area before loading is completed. This has been proven time and time again, so despite the argument of how many times you log in or out on said toon sitting in a public domain, it should never lose any time for doing so. I mean just drinking the pot you immediately lose 1sec. right off the bat, now how is that valid?

So is the thing with inactive hirelings losing time related to this? Every time I log in any paused hireling I had are gone or nearly so. I freaked out in a quest last night after getting stuck on a trap and bought a 30 TP rogue hireling to find it for me so I could disable it (crit failed anyway) then dismissed it right away, had 58 minutes left on it the whole time I played. Logged in this morning and it was down to 4 minutes remaining. I didn't spend 54 minutes loading the game, it only takes a few seconds for me, but I dunno, seems like both issues would be fairly high priorities to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zai View Post
    So is the thing with inactive hirelings losing time related to this? Every time I log in any paused hireling I had are gone or nearly so. I freaked out in a quest last night after getting stuck on a trap and bought a 30 TP rogue hireling to find it for me so I could disable it (crit failed anyway) then dismissed it right away, had 58 minutes left on it the whole time I played. Logged in this morning and it was down to 4 minutes remaining. I didn't spend 54 minutes loading the game, it only takes a few seconds for me, but I dunno, seems like both issues would be fairly high priorities to fix.
    I think hirelings tick down as long as you're in a quest, regardless of whether it is currently out or not. Unless you mean to say you recalled immediately after the trap blew up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zai View Post
    The hireling's timer starts to tick at the time you summoned it first, no matter if you dismiss it. Also, it stop while you're not in a quest and i've never seen any lose any of their time while I was in public areas.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I think hirelings tick down as long as you're in a quest, regardless of whether it is currently out or not. Unless you mean to say you recalled immediately after the trap blew up.
    I recalled right away, I couldn't do anything else in the mission, ran around town for a bit and made a point to look at the timer before logging and it still said 58 minutes. Next time I logged in it said 4 minutes. I made sure to pay attention to this one since I paid TP for it, but I've been noticing it happening with all hirelings since I started playing again a couple weeks ago. I'll know I have a few minutes left when I log out, and when I log back in they are usually gone.

Community Member

Does Turbine pay you to be ridiculously rude to people that make valid points? Because it sure seems like it.

My estimate was really conservative, and I've probably lost a lot more time than I stated.
    My estimate was really conservative, and I've probably lost a lot more time than I stated.
    Isn't it funny how when someone estimates the impact someone else's actions have on them the tally is incremented astronomically by the tiniest little things, but when they estimate the impact of their actions on others they are infinitely dismissive of the greatest of trespasses.

"Some dude backed over my mailbox yesterday. It was like brand new, but you can't really get one like that anymore, so I'm going to have to order a hand carved Italian marble mailbox to replace it. This also caused me to not get mail for a day, which made my mortgage late, so I got a fee. With the fee I overdrafted which caused 14 checks to bounce and all have returned fees of their own. In total the guy who backed over my mailbox owes me $14,756."

"So I backed over your mailbox. Big whoop! It was a cheap piece of garbage anyway, a real eyesore, I actually did you a favor. You can get a replacement mailbox for like 5 bucks at Walmart, and it only takes like 2 minutes to put it up. Here's 10 bucks, that should more than cover it."

Sure, if the counter ticks even a couple seconds outside of a quest they should try to get around to fixing it eventually. However, this didn't cause the OP 10 million dollars in damages either. If you're slurping the highest priced pots in the store to log in and out of Korthos 10 million times to chat with your friends, then you obviously have a lot more free time than you thought and would be better off saving the money you spend on pots for a new computer.

Default On a related issue......

......a slayer count boost potion has a similar problem. It clearly states in the description that the only place the timer starts counting down is in a wilderness area (confirmed by Wiki, as of U11 "Slayer Count Boosts now pause while in dungeons.") yet it still counts down while in a quest.

Just thought I'd toss that in.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    Sure, if the counter ticks even a couple seconds outside of a quest they should try to get around to fixing it eventually. However, this didn't cause the OP 10 million dollars in damages either. If you're slurping the highest priced pots in the store to log in and out of Korthos 10 million times to chat with your friends, then you obviously have a lot more free time than you thought and would be better off saving the money you spend on pots for a new computer.
    Doesnt matter if someone stops to chat after they drank the most expensive pot.....

Here let me tell you what I do. I pug- strictly. Just finishing my 7th life now. Since I pug i spend a lot of time logged in and out to switch to my bank toons and my alternate for raids. Often. Logging shouldbt be an issue with pot timers. Now because I only pug, i wait a long time looking for lfm, talking to friends, checking mail..... Sometimes I leave the pc on while i go AFK. Stop trying to tell peope they cant do what they want, play how they want, at their leisure.

Even if the loss was only a few dollars it is STILL a loss of money spent....

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    Isn't it funny how when someone estimates the impact someone else's actions have on them the tally is incremented astronomically by the tiniest little things, but when they estimate the impact of their actions on others they are infinitely dismissive of the greatest of trespasses.

"Some dude backed over my mailbox yesterday. It was like brand new, but you can't really get one like that anymore, so I'm going to have to order a hand carved Italian marble mailbox to replace it. This also caused me to not get mail for a day, which made my mortgage late, so I got a fee. With the fee I overdrafted which caused 14 checks to bounce and all have returned fees of their own. In total the guy who backed over my mailbox owes me $14,756."

"So I backed over your mailbox. Big whoop! It was a cheap piece of garbage anyway, a real eyesore, I actually did you a favor. You can get a replacement mailbox for like 5 bucks at Walmart, and it only takes like 2 minutes to put it up. Here's 10 bucks, that should more than cover it."

That is a very stupid response!!! It's like saying every time you fill your gas tank, that it's ok for someone to drain a quart out of your tank each day. While a quart doesn't sound like much in the grand scheme of gallons, imagine how much extra you pay over the course of a year or more. Or how much several people pay if said quart is removed from thousands of gas tanks each, and every day!!!

First I'm going to agree that this potion SHOULD NOT count down if the character is not in a Quest/Wilderness area.

I have to admit that when the OP put down how much time they estimated they lost because of this my first inclination was to go "Yah Right" {sarcastic}. Basically because a Sovereign is only 3 hours long...

But as I read further it became clear that the number of times is probable because OP was not discussing a single Sovereign but multiples. Now I know they have not been out long. But for someone that multi-boxes and switches alts do to alt-itis. it is easier to see that this is a problem.

While I wish the OP best of Luck with Customer Service and hope that a resolution can be made, I truly think this Thread serves best as a warning to the rest of us as it concerns our XP Elixir usage. While I totally agree the best solution is for this to be fixed, I think that it is best that we as the player base also consider taking personal steps to minimize loss of time.

Hopefully, they fix this Soon and not Soon (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by lamborgini View Post
    That is a very stupid response!!! It's like saying every time you fill your gas tank, that it's ok for someone to drain a quart out of your tank each day. While a quart doesn't sound like much in the grand scheme of gallons, imagine how much extra you pay over the course of a year or more. Or how much several people pay if said quart is removed from thousands of gas tanks each, and every day!!!
    This is a very interesting analogy. Imagine how much gas was being lost to evaporation in fueling stations' underground tanks. You'd think, "evaporation? can't be THAT much." But the number was significantly high enough to cause legislation. Gas stations now are required to use Stage2 vapor recovery...

Now consider how much is lost to those couple of drips and occasional overfill spills during fueling. Can't be THAT much, right? Nope: It amounts to an average of 1 litre (1/4 gal) per gas station per day. Which translates to about a quarter MILLION barrels of oil per year. And those figures are out of date by about 10 years... I wouldn't be surprised that today's real numbers are closer to a half million barrels per year.

So yeah, spillage is waste. It hurts everyone. The timers should be fixed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    It's been around for a while, I have a slower computer and lose about 30-90 seconds per login (sometimes x2 because I crash on the first login in some situations). I never thought much of it because, since I have a slow comp, I avoid toon switches and such when I can, and losing a minute or two isn't all that big of a deal.
    For you. So you should opt out of any refund opportunity perhaps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast