Community Member

Post jamvaru: Hello World

Hello World (of Ebberon)

I'm thinking this is sort of the new player hello forum. I'm planning on making this my official whiner thread, or 'help me' thread.

First question: how do i change my 'user name' Earth First to something else? Maybe it is Earthfirst, idk
    it is not a big deal, but i don't really like it all that much; it was a reference to 'home guard' from babylon 5, i think
    i think it is tied to my turbine account? at any rate, no big deal, but would be nice to be able to change my display name
    jamvaru is fine; i think there is a security issue where they don't want you to have the same forum name as your login id, lol
    i'm not worried; i've deleted all my toons several times now; TR is not for me, never will be (which makes playing this game sort of a curiosity... can't really get into it 100% like some other people; not even about the money, which is just a good reason to quit some vices, lol; is DDO better than smoking? or drinking? probably so)

at any rate....

I've decided to play it anyway, even though I will never 'TR'
    I give all my characters 1 level of barbarian for the +10% movement and sprint ability, as well as the armor and weapons; i rarely use rage, but it is ok on boss battles
    i try to give them each at least one level of a healing class, cleric or druid, generally; for WF i use wiz or sorc; 3 levels make for better healing, 4 for sorc
    paladin and barbarian are incompatible, so ranger is used instead (for the sprint); druid also has +speed in wolf form (stacking); so that would be a 1-ranger/1-3-druid/15+paladin (oops, paladin and druid are also incompatible, so it would be 1-ranger/1-cleric/18-paladin, maybe, though, perhaps not... paladins are sol, lol)
    a 1-barb/3-druid/16-whatever is basically my take on character creation (non-wf, non-paladin)
    oh, rogue is important for traps, so you have to throw in rogue skills, so it becomes either a druid with rogue skills or a rogue with druid skills
    so, the only really good character is the rogue, or the druid, depending on playstyle; i just don't like going slow; it is silly; like leveling is silly
    at any rate, you can sort of do without the trap skills; and you can sort of do without the healing skills, but i don't care to do without the movement abilities... +10% is a lot when you are at the back of the pack, so to speak, or playing catchup, or even in battle; of course, in battle, and generally, you use exp retreat, or the other one, the ranger spell, if you don't have exp retreat; so this stacks with your 10% barbarian speed, and your +10% wolf speed, so you are moving at +45%, usually; then you hit your sprint for +35% for a total of +80% running speed

i just have no interest whatsoever in going slow; if i were 9 years old i might be really overwhelmed by this game; at 42 I am just trying to maintain an interest in it, having invested enough money to make putting it down seem like a waste
    I have every pack except the non-eberron ones i think... there were a couple that weren't on sale last time, that is; and i am out of TP now; it would take a lot to convince me to buy more TP
    ok, suggestions:

1. Alternative to TR; i see you have epic levels now; i want level 283479; you get the idea... i don't want to TR, ever... just give me more levels; i'll be happy to multiclass into a 4th and 5th class, and so on, till all the classes are maxed out
    2. More class levels; i want to be a level 25 rogue, not a level 20 rogue 5 epic or whatever
    3. Eliminate dungeon difficulty; make it scale to group level; "Oh, no; the kobolds are all gone, eaten by Trolls! Look OUT!"; or super-powered kobolds, whatever; my point? the desire to gain more subscribers makes being premium feel like sh*t; so we quit or just play whatever/whenever, sort of like a one-night stand; "I'll call you"

enough for now; i've decided to become more critical of games, not giving them a nod just because they are D&D (based) or have the name "marvel heroes" lol
    eventually I will make my own; it is inevitable; but, for now i am still 'playing' and 'assimilating'
    obviously, you have to make money at it to do this full time, so you need either subscribers or pay to win players, premiums; or both, as you have

my take: eliminate subscriptions... sell 'elite' keys on a daily, weekly, monthly basis; very simple solution; obviously this would be cheaper than the subscription price; i think everyone will be happy; give the subscribers content (packs or TP) based on their length of subscription or total months subscribed.
    yes, a purely premium experience for everyone; that is what you need; and an alternative to TR... simply allowing more multiclassing and extended class levels; i want a 'King of all Classes'; that ... THAT would be WINNING (charlie sheen anyone? lol)

if you read all this, good for you, please leave a comment, tyvm
    true neutral poster... note the grey in my 'rep'
    kool-aid in my coffee! YEAH!
    {save me from myself}

Community Member

goodbye, i'm done; dont' know if i will ever be back; maybe if you guys make some drastic changes, like eliminating TR, lol
    fat chance of that; my solution? find a different game
    i'll come back and goof around sometime, maybe
    true neutral poster... note the grey in my 'rep'
    kool-aid in my coffee! YEAH!
    {save me from myself}

Last House on the Left

Default Ummm...

Seriously though, you worry me a little. Hope you are okay.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.