Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckislaupir View Post
    If you're feeling adventurous, you could aim for rgr 15 / rog 3 / ftr 2: you give up Tempest III, but gain two feats (1 from ftr 2, another from dropping Tempest III pre-req), +1d6 sneak atk, and W&S Mastery I. Definitely plan that out before you shift mid-leveling, though! See this build for one example of what can be done with this level split.
    It looks interesting, but I don't think it's worth giving up more spell slots, even with the ranger's very limited selection, and longer duration buffs. I'm also curious to see how HiPS works in DDO, though I gather from never seeing it mentioned that it's pretty minor.

Currently level 5 and just sailed through Tangleroot Gorge, picking up my first of many Visors. It's the only AP I own, but I managed to snag 3 Fragrant Drowshoods, 2 Silver Flame Hymnals, and a Lightning-Split Soarwood, so I should be able to afford +2 tomes for everything but CHA at level 7, especially since I plan on running it again on hard at level 6. Though the prices on Thelanis have skyrocketed in the past couple of days (wink wink nudge nudge)...

I've decided to go with a single level of fighter for the feat and enhancements. I also realized that rogue doesn't give full BAB, so I couldn't take Imp Crit at level 8, but Khopesh Proficiency isn't a bad choice. I'm just not sure what sort of equipment I should be looking out for at this point, particularly on weapons. I know the basics like resistance items, +stat items, devotion, immunities, utility clickies, etc, but I'm wondering if there's any specific build stuff I should be looking out for.

For example, there's a +1 Seeker (+10) Khopesh of Lacerating (ML10, RR human) for around 12kpp bid, and it seems pretty excellent for a mainhand item. I've noticed as I get higher leveled and fight more undead and elementals and such that bleed damage often is useless, but the Seeker portion averages out to contribute +6 damage. That seems pretty dang good, but then my highest level character was 7 so I'm not sure how the game changes in the middle levels. I haven't placed a bid yet, but I'm sorely tempted to.

Quote Originally Posted by NobbyHegel View Post
    I'm just not sure what sort of equipment I should be looking out for at this point, particularly on weapons. I know the basics like resistance items, +stat items, devotion, immunities, utility clickies, etc, but I'm wondering if there's any specific build stuff I should be looking out for.
    Collect your free daily challenge tokens every day you log on. Elemental khopesh of water is solid, as is ring of the stalker.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Collect your free daily challenge tokens every day you log on. Elemental khopesh of water is solid, as is ring of the stalker.
    You know, when I first saw you mention that, I thought the Elemental Khopesh of Water was created through crafting (and thus essentially unavailable to me), not through challenges. I was already on the fence about going VIP but access to these decent items through guaranteed solo grinding rather than sheer luck in a group is a strong argument. I can even start working towards the level 12 khopesh in Kobold Chaos.

Now to fail miserably on my first attempt...

You know, when I first saw you mention that, I thought the Elemental Khopesh of Water was created through crafting (and thus essentially unavailable to me), not through challenges. I was already on the fence about going VIP but access to these decent items through guaranteed solo grinding rather than sheer luck in a group is a strong argument. I can even start working towards the level 12 khopesh in Kobold Chaos.

Now to fail miserably on my first attempt...
    Don't get discouraged; there's a learning curve on them. But I agree with you 100% about the sustained progress aspect of challenge gear as opposed to the lottery system of most loot in the game. Even if you only get 100 parts in a run, that's 100 parts closer to your goal. Love that mechanic.

If you're on argo I'd be happy to do some challenges with you. I can always use the extra xp pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Enguebert View Post
    For the problem of deathward, after level 10+, you have hire (cleric of Fvs) who can cast deathward on you
    This is a good approach. The idea here is call the hire at start, have him cast deathward on you, then dismiss him. After shrining you can start with the visors.

Community Member

Things are still going pretty smoothly. I hit level 7 a few days ago, and my DPS output has increased dramatically. ITWF and Tempest I are pretty fantastic, and as for Manyshot, well...

Can't wait for level 12 and BAB+11.

However, as I get higher leveled, my survivability is going into the toilet. I can mostly manage it by utilizing stealth to sneak up on the casters and take them out before they can CC me, which is where most of my incoming damage comes from, but I've heard that pretty soon True Seeing becomes commonplace, rendering that tactic moot. I've been utilizing my bow a lot (picked up an old Silver Longbow without the Red Augment slot dirt cheap), and that kind of works to soften large groups before they close, but I'm really dreading getting to the point where AC becomes irrelevant. I'm fearful I'll be torn to shreds by large groups. Maybe the 100% Fortification necklace from Adamantium Ore will help?

What are some easy to acquire sources of concealment/incorporeal/dodge for midlevel? Cloak of Night would be fantastic, but October is a long ways away/

What are some easy to acquire sources of concealment/incorporeal/dodge for midlevel? Cloak of Night would be fantastic, but October is a long ways away/
    Cloak of Invisibility, from tempest spine. (Free to play raid.) It drops in the first chest, and can be easily solo farmed. It's not a super common drop, though; it took me 19 pulls to get one, I think.

The only issue is that there's an int rune (18 int on elite, I think) to get into the actual room with the chest. A tempest trapmonkey should be able to swing that with a clever +6 item.

I farmed mine almost completely solo, but since it was a first life I did all the chest runs on normal. It may (or may not) drop more frequently on harder difficulties.

It has a green slot, which is a great place to slot resistance. If you have gianthold, the ghost-waking cloak is essentially the same thing, with ghostly and resistance instead of ghostly and a green slot where you slot resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Cloak of Invisibility, from tempest spine. (Free to play raid.) It drops in the first chest, and can be easily solo farmed. It's not a super common drop, though; it took me 19 pulls to get one, I think.

The only issue is that there's an int rune (18 int on elite, I think) to get into the actual room with the chest. A tempest trapmonkey should be able to swing that with a clever +6 item.
    IIRC, you can get to the cloak chest by going right at the first branch, then jumping up the ledges in the room on the right, and the person you want to kill is right there at the top.

Any iteration of bracers of the wind will get you permanent blur.

There is a jump in melee monster damage, roughly between levels 8 to 12, depending on the quest and the difficulty. In general, if you seeing trolls, ogres, or scorpions as 'common' monsters, you'll probably have to worry about incoming melee damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12