Community Member

Default trading 1 otto's box for 2 stones

well, I have just TRed and again the leveling bothers me LOL
    I believe i have seen posts like this before, trading 1 box for 2 stones, so here i am giving it a try ~

PM or find me in game for the details plz~ cheers
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

Sadly, the stones are no longer usable for anyone except the person who opened the box. Don't get bamboozled out of your box for non-functioning stones.

Posted today
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    With the release of Update 19 Patch 3, we have clarified the description of the Otto's Box and Stone of Experience to match the actual in-game experience. The Otto's Box now explicitly states in it's hover-over tool tip that the item is tradable, and the tool tip for the Stone of Experience now states that it can only be used by the player who opened the Otto's Box.

In other words: If you want someone else to have the Stone of Experience, you need to trade them the entire unopened Otto's Box.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Sadly, the stones are no longer usable for anyone except the person who opened the box. Don't get bamboozled out of your box for non-functioning stones.

Posted today
    thanks for the quote , but i think it just worked as before? that only the owner of the stone can use it , either on himself or on others? i just needed the owner to use the stones on me and he gets an intact box.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasdirge View Post
    thanks for the quote , but i think it just worked as before? that only the owner of the stone can use it , either on himself or on others? i just needed the owner to use the stones on me and he gets an intact box.
    Nope, they are self-use only..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Hero

Yea, just did a little experiment. I can't use my stone on a buddy, even tho I opened the box. Yes, I tried all different ways. It was no issue using it on myself. Looks like trades now have to be the unopened box. No other way. :/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Yea, just did a little experiment. I can't use my stone on a buddy, even tho I opened the box. Yes, I tried all different ways. It was no issue using it on myself. Looks like trades now have to be the unopened box. No other way. :/
    ****, seems i have to save the box for nastier lives LOL, thx for all who posted here though~