Community Member

Default Astral Shards - Tradeable!?

Turbine preparing to make AS tradeable? Who knows!

Community Member The_Great_Neil's Avatar

Go away.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Neil View Post
    Go away.
    Oh Mighty, Oh Great Neil...

Apparently you completely missed his point. Doh.

Astral shards appearing in my inventory happened to me also. When on Lamannia the shop actually worked last week (which was not that often the case) I tried to buy Astral Shards. The only pack that was available at that time (and many times after that too) was the 20-shard package. I put in an order to the amount of 10 and received 40 shards added to my Shard balance, the remaining appeared in stacks of 20 in my inventory. I had to use them to get them added as well. This was repeatable. No I didn't make a bug report, because that didn't work correctly either.

Same bug happened to friend a day earlier as well.

Community Member

OP, was yours on lammania or live?

Community Member

Well they're BtCoA, so I dont know how tradable they'd be :P

I'd like to believe, though, it might portend being able to acquire AS in-game, from chests or something

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    OP, was yours on lammania or live?
    Live.
    Don't know why everytime I post something like this, someone thinks it's from Lama.

Quote Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
    Live.
    Don't know why everytime I post something like this, someone thinks it's from Lama.
    It happened to me on live, from the daily dice.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

They are probably rigged that way because you can/could pull astral diamonds/shards from chests. While in the chest they are still tradeable.

I see no conspiracies in this. But I do find it odd that it didn't immediately go into your shard account. Last time I got shards they went directly into it.

Actually there is a way to sort of trade them. It will cost you a 30% "tax" though. If you want to give your friend 70 shards, arrange for him post some junk (maybe a cure light wounds pot) for a 100 shard buyout at noon on Monday. Then at 12:01 (so that nobody else buys it) you buy it out for the 100 shard price, he gets his 70 shards (the other 30 is the "30% tax") and if he wants it back you can trade him the back the pot.

Of course do this very much and neither of you will have any shards left. :>)

Community Member

A while back there was a store coupon for 20 Astral Shards, just like the pic displays.

I was able to move it arround my accounts through shared bank...then one day on my main toon, I decided that I was sick of having an inventory slots used up when the rest of my shards I won from daily dice appeared in the usual spot next to the rest of the currency (plat, gold, etc...)

If you double click the stakc of shards they get added to the rest in the currency spot in your inventory. At least that is what I was able to do to merge the shards into one location.

Quote Originally Posted by ~HerpDerp View Post
    Live.
    lol Coz I went to lam and actually managed to get this in my inventory. But won an astral shard on the daily dice and it went straight into my AS amount

(Freaking ... The random name change on the forums by the team has hit me finally. ~Toratora)

Quote Originally Posted by ~HerpDerp View Post
    Live.
    Cause most people is playing there now.

Or neverwinter...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this