Default Neg levels needs a timer

Everything else has a timer. Why doesn't Neg level?

Community Member

Default They do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    Neg levels do have a timer, it is why they remove themselves over time.

It has been a long time since I timed it, but it is something like 3 or 4 minutes per level iirc.

We just don't need to see the timer. On screen real estate is at a premium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

They have a timer. On neg level will go away every 2 minutes, unfortunately.

If I had my way, it would show as a debuff with a timer and a countdown number showing how many neg levels you have. I'd do the same with ability debuffs like con or str damage. They have the tech to do this with divine punishment on players and mobs. It should be doable for other spellls as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    The visual timer is what I was referring to. >.<

Poison has a timer, bruning blood has a timer (visual ones). All the other negative effects have a visual timer. Neg levels, I believe, is the only one that doesnt

Community Member

Does it show if you Examine yourself?

Honestly, though, are you really going to just let it go for 2 mins, rather than just having a groupmate/hireling cast (Greater) Restoration/Regenerate/Burst Heal?

I agree, though, a numeral for how many neg levels you're suffering would be nice.

The visual timer is what I was referring to. >.<

Poison has a timer, bruning blood has a timer (visual ones). All the other negative effects have a visual timer. Neg levels, I believe, is the only one that doesnt
    Stat damage also just has a generic icon (diff icon/stat). Would be nice to see the amount of stat damage listed there as well.

/signed; Please add it to the "quality of life improvements" to-do list. And please get going on said list.

Unless these forums are an example of those intended "improvements" in which case please halt, cease & dissist whatever it is your doing...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid_327 View Post
    Honestly, though, are you really going to just let it go for 2 mins, rather than just having a groupmate/hireling cast (Greater) Restoration/Regenerate/Burst Heal?
    . . . Yes. No point in wasting resources on a condition that will fade on its own unless you're suffering from severe neg levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    . . . Yes. No point in wasting resources on a condition that will fade on its own unless you're suffering from severe neg levels.
    Burst Heal will regenerate in that same 2 min timeframe, vs 2-8 mins of 'wear-off' time

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I agree....its unfortunate that negative levels and other maladies wear off on counters.....ie blindness, curse, neg-levels, etc.

They should be permanent like they used to be until you drink a pot or cast a scroll / spell.

As it is now you can almost ignore what used to be crippling effects.

dont need to show a timer, its timed

but I found other conditions like stat damage (by poison, etc.) to have a tiny time duration