Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Where the heck is the staple...

Otto's disco ball + mind fog

That's like CC-101!

Jesus pplz. Everyone gets an "F" for the day.
    I used that sometimes, but its not my favorite. I thought people are talking about favorites here, no?

If the monsters can all be killed by one spell or several spells, why bother wasting spell points dancing them? Unless the dance party amuses you.

Also, blame that on Shiradi, drow and EE... sometimes that's just not viable due to super crazy spell resistance without past lives and/or Elven Arcanium IV. Plus, not everyone likes crowd control.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I used that sometimes, but its not my favorite. I thought people are talking about favorites here, no?

If the monsters can all be killed by one spell or several spells, why bother wasting spell points dancing them? Unless the dance party amuses you.

Also, blame that on Shiradi, drow and EE... sometimes that's just not viable due to super crazy spell resistance without past lives and/or Elven Arcanium IV. Plus, not everyone likes crowd control.
    That combo actually sounds pretty funny and interesting if not that I am still too low level for mind fog hehehe
    With Greater Powers Comes The Need For a Better Mouse ... Naga!

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Otto's disco ball + firewall = disco inferno!

but at low level i like to hypno a bunch and then pick them off 1 by 1

Arcon + Divine Wrath = Dead enemies and healed buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pr8Dator View Post
    That combo actually sounds pretty funny and interesting if not that I am still too low level for mind fog hehehe
    It's not so much a favorite tactic as it is a standard CC method in a lot of content. Hypnotic pattern will do something similar at lower levels because it carries a no save WILL debuff as well and is a persistent AoE. A person can stack hypnotic pattern for a debuffer zone before mobs hit mind fog to help land it as well.

The low level version of the mind fog / disco ball area CC effect is hypnotic pattern / glitterdust but the graphics can be annoying, most casters specialize in other spell schools, and there is very seldom a need for persistent CC at low levels so this isn't commonly seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    It's not so much a favorite tactic as it is a standard CC method in a lot of content. Hypnotic pattern will do something similar at lower levels because it carries a no save WILL debuff as well and is a persistent AoE. A person can stack hypnotic pattern for a debuffer zone before mobs hit mind fog to help land it as well.

The low level version of the mind fog / disco ball area CC effect is hypnotic pattern / glitterdust but the graphics can be annoying, most casters specialize in other spell schools, and there is very seldom a need for persistent CC at low levels so this isn't commonly seen.
    Its unbelievable how such an interesting and obvious combo can slip my eyes when presented with so many options! It seems like a pure sorcerer does already have almost endless combos to play with... ima start a Drow Sorcerer when I unlock the race in a few more fp.
    With Greater Powers Comes The Need For a Better Mouse ... Naga!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12