Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstryk View Post
    Damage Per Second
    Decent damage in EE GH is 2k+ DPS. If you're swinging away doing 50-100 a pop and occasionally critting for ~1000... that's just not going to cut it. You want to be doing 500-1000 with your average damage and critting for 2-3k+, and critting at regular intervals as well. This isn't great DPS either, but I'd say it's pretty close to the dividing line between breaking even and getting ahead.
    How do you do 500-1000 average damage?

My barbarian does 200-300 per hit and 1000-1500 when critting as a LD with his EAGA (not blitzing or anything).

Community Member TheNewForumSux's Avatar

Default whats all the shiradi hate

Sheesh guys whats all this shiradi/furyshotter hate? Most of you have probably not even played one so how can you comment?

If you roll a gimp dont complain. Reroll.

Also if you are for example and 18/2 FvS/Figher dont go into EE and Meelee you will be a waste of everyone time. Be a healer. Contribute meaningfully and effectively.

Really if you find EE too tough, your toon is too gimp or your gaming skills are. Simple. Play eHard and practice some more.

I agree with pretty much everything teh_troll said. You might not like the guy but he is correct. I too do NOT find playing crappy gimp toons fun.

EE is easy. **** easy. The only tough EE's are the raids, for obvious reasons. FFS even EE belly is not THAT tough. It seem to me people have fogotten about gaming basics like CC etc etc..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewForumSux View Post
    Sheesh guys whats all this shiradi/furyshotter hate? Most of you have probably not even played one so how can you comment?

If you roll a gimp dont complain. Reroll.
    You really have to love it when a statement like this is immediately followed with something as clueless as:
    Also if you are for example and 18/2 FvS/Figher dont go into EE and Meelee you will be a waste of everyone time. Be a healer. Contribute meaningfully and effectively.
    The majority of damage comes from EDs, not heroic classes. This type of statement shows an extreme lack of understanding.

FFS even EE belly is not THAT tough. It seem to me people have fogotten about gaming basics like CC etc etc..
    EE Belly of the Best hasn't been one of the more difficult quests to run on EE for a few updates now.

But hey,
    I agree with pretty much everything teh_troll said. You might not like the guy but he is correct. I too do NOT find playing crappy gimp toons fun.
    At least someone is a big fan of trolling!

EE is easy. **** easy. The only tough EE's are the raids, for obvious reasons. FFS even EE belly is not THAT tough. It seem to me people have fogotten about gaming basics like CC etc etc..
    EE is APPROPRIATE for good level 25ish toons with good gear and good players.

EE is EASIER than "Epic" used to be relative to the power we had at level 20. Yes, it's tougher than old epics but we got WAY more powerful with EDs.

And yes, it is because people have forgoten the basics because the rest of the game is so friggin easy tactics aren't needed. People also bring knives to gunfights and wonder why they leave with a soar rectum.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    At least someone is a big fan of trolling!
    Trollin ain't easy . . .

The majority of damage comes from EDs, not heroic classes. This type of statement shows an extreme lack of understanding.
    Oh im sorry, so what you are trying to tell me is that a 18/2 FvS/Fighter and a pure 20 Fighter, both with the same gear and both with the same twists output pretty much the the same DPS if both are blitsing for example??? I find this hard to beleive, because if so nobody would roll non-selfhealing type toons like pure fighter or barbs.

EE Belly of the Best hasn't been one of the more difficult quests to run on EE for a few updates now.
    PLease tell me which other quest is tougher on EE?? I cannot think of any, as they are not tough at all. I used EE Belly as an example as that is what the OP mentioned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Resources = what then? Mountain Dew and nachos?

My point of view is people who still have trouble with the game shouldn't condescend on those who do not. Should/shouldn't whatever . . . it is fact that good players with good toons beat EEs every day without requiring "resources" other than their own skill.
    You've got quite the big head there. Let me give you a hint, nothing in DDO requires anything that can be labeled "skill". EE quests, just like every other quest, takes memorization and countering each encounter. This isn't "skill". This is a normal process that all fully functioning humans have.

Further, nobody is soloing the more difficult EEs on a bluebar without using pots, save for maybe Juggs, but they aren't what I consider a bluebar.

Oh im sorry, so what you are trying to tell me is that a 18/2 FvS/Fighter and a pure 20 Fighter, both with the same gear and both with the same twists output pretty much the the same DPS if both are blitsing for example??? I find this hard to beleive, because if so nobody would roll non-selfhealing type toons like pure fighter or barbs.
    Informed EE players DON'T roll non-self-healing fighters or barbs unless they're doing it for fun.

Your argument is invalid.

In addition, the damage difference is nowhere near as big as you seem to think.

Learn to EE before you try to throw your (lack of) knowledge around.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    You've got quite the big head there. Let me give you a hint, nothing in DDO requires anything that can be labeled "skill". EE quests, just like every other quest, takes memorization and countering each encounter. This isn't "skill". This is a normal process that all fully functioning humans have.

Further, nobody is soloing the more difficult EEs on a bluebar without using pots, save for maybe Juggs, but they aren't what I consider a bluebar.
    I disagree for two reasons. One, a quite superb guildie of mine has soloed every EE that can be soloed, to my knowledge without using pots. Two, any EE CAN be soloed without pots, it just takes a LOT more effort.

That's not counting the fact that in a group, pots should be a non-issue.

Edit: YAY, I'm Wruntjunior again rather than dravael.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-15-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

You've got quite the big head there.
    I do, it matches my genitals.

Let me give you a hint, nothing in DDO requires anything that can be labeled "skill".
    I have to agree with this, what passes for "skill" in DDO is pretty laughable compared to what needed in other games/activities. But . . .

EE quests, just like every other quest, takes memorization and countering each encounter. This isn't "skill". This is a normal process that all fully functioning humans have.
    Yet some people just aren't capable of doing this.

It's more polite for people like me to be an elitist jerk and pretend that people have higher skills who are completing EE's easily than to tell the truth . . . they simply aren't that intelligent.

Once again . . . who said anything about soloing? In a 6-man group no pots are ever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    In addition, the damage difference is nowhere near as big as you seem to think.
    I don't know about that, have a toon TR'd into a mostly-pally that's similar to that Pyrene thingy that was a kensai prior . . . sure it's damned near indestructible but the damage numbers I'm seeing really leave me wanting.

Everyone should have a self-healing melee toon in their stable, they are just so nice to have if you don't feel like waiting for groups to form (when not BYOH, BYOH groups form much faster) or if you want to solo something. but I seen nothing wrong with bringing out a pure killing-machine when the situation permits it.

Community Member

I
    Learn to EE before you try to throw your (lack of) knowledge around.
    My statement had nothing to do with EE, it is about a divine with a fighter splash being leagues behind a pure fighter in terms of raw meelee DPS.

You say they are not. So pls, as I have a lack of knowledge as you so eagerly pointed out, enlighten me and give me a % or something? How far are they behind a pure barb or pure fighter on an avg swing and on an avg crit?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I have to agree though, for how complex it is Epic Elite can be extremely fun. If you're one of the 3 groups above though, yes you will steamroll content and yes you will get bored of it. Can't really help ya then, you've "won DDO" and probably should either tr, or start removing things that make your build powerful (evasion, ranged capabilities, Shiradi for the people who can't seem to do anything outside of it) and then try questing.

Can you show the court where the sharadi caster touched you please?

Why the hate for Sharadi? My FvS/Fighter can do rather well in EE's, same with my Monk. It's all about damage mitigation and knowing the run.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie_2010 View Post
    My statement had nothing to do with EE, it is about a divine with a fighter splash being leagues behind a pure fighter in terms of raw meelee DPS.

You say they are not. So pls, as I have a lack of knowledge as you so eagerly pointed out, enlighten me and give me a % or something? How far are they behind a pure barb or pure fighter on an avg swing and on an avg crit?
    Equally-geared, equally-past-lived (in other words, all else being equal) melee FvS is somewhere around 80-85% of the DPS of a straight fighter. Straight barbs are similar to straight fighters, but it's a bit of a wash.

Taking the attitude of thinking the best thing an 18 FvS/2 Fighter can do in EE is heal shows you know very little about EE..thinking anyone should have to be a dedicated healer in a lower difficulty calls even more into question.

Edit: Forgot to mention, your post did specifically say EE.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-15-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

One, a quite superb guildie of mine has soloed every EE that can be soloed, to my knowledge without using pots.
    This may be enough to impress me, and something I'd like to see a video of. Not because I don't believe you, but because there's a strategy to be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I do, it matches my genitals.
    Ummm..OK?

Please tell me you're not of the femal extraction...

As an FYI, I think success in EE is somewhat relative. I've done a couple of EEs in the past with my first-life very sub-optimal fleshy AM wizzy (lvl 22 or 23 at the time) in PUGs with what I'd say were average players, and we were successful. All of us had run these same quests multiple times and knew the drill. So it is very possible to run many of the epic quests on elite and complete in a way that is just as brusing as at-level heroic eilte. Would I be able to solo them? No. But, it is feasible.

So, if there is some sort of breathleness over the difficulty of EE, you might want to tone it down somewhat.

All I am hearing in this thread is if can't faceroll it. Go do EH!!

Seriously, get over it not everyone is as UBER as all you elitists out there. Not everyone games like it is a job. It is tough for A LOT of people and takes a bit for them to do it. As long as they are having fun then what's the issue. Just because to them it may be difficult doesn't mean they don't belong there. It just means they aren't as UBER as you UBER ones.

You and I may not have issues in EE, but some do and have plenty of friends who may not be optimal but, get it done. Seriously, those have been some of funnest EE runs I have had when not in the most optimal group makeup, players, or party.

As far as when to do EE that is up to you when you feel you can contribute decently then go for it.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

This may be enough to impress me, and something I'd like to see a video of. Not because I don't believe you, but because there's a strategy to be learned.
    From your last post there is no such thing as "skills" in DDO... so what could you be learning exactly?

"This isn't "skill". This is a normal process that all fully functioning humans have."

This is not true for everyone in a gaming state of mind.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 05-15-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bilger View Post
    All I am hearing in this thread is if can't faceroll it. Go do EH!!

Seriously, get over it not everyone is as UBER as all you elitists out there. Not everyone games like it is a job. It is tough for A LOT of people and takes a bit for them to do it. As long as they are having fun then what's the issue. Just because to them it may be difficult doesn't mean they don't belong there. It just means they aren't as UBER as you UBER ones.

You and I may not have issues in EE, but some do and have plenty of friends who may not be optimal but, get it done. Seriously, those have been some of funnest EE runs I have had when not in the most optimal group makeup, players, or party.

As far as when to do EE that is up to you when you feel you can contribute decently then go for it.
    If it is as simple as how you bring it, why are there complaints about EE being too hard? Why won't those people that don't take it as a "job" (a.k.a. not uber?) like you put it be satisfied with running EH? The misconception is that everyone should have access to the toughess challenges in the game while they're not willing to change their playing for it.

Again I will compare this to a single player game : If you would never even think about chosing the highest difficulty setting, then why is it different in a MMO? Your last sentence is all it should be about. If it interrests you and you feel you can contribute dencently, then go for it. If not, please just keep running EH, there is fun to be had there as well, it's the same game.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast