Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    Unless the bug is beneficial to players, of course. Then it gets fixed in the next patch.
    And ^this.^

I would love to receive some official insight into Turbines bug-fix prioritization. I have yet to ever since I started at f2p launch in '09, find a player-benefiting bug that "stumped" the devs; persisting through update after update, patch after patch. In fact, they're often deemed worthy of a hot-fix, shutting down the servers the moment the fix is ready.
    But the non-player friendly bugs? Unless it could potentially interfere with store sales, it goes into the "whenever we get around to it que" or just doesn't even make the list.

That's my perception and experience anyway, Turb reps feel free to point out where I'm mistaken...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Default Gianthold Map

Cordo, this is an easy one to fix.

The reason the map does not appear is because the explorer count shows 64 explorer points where there are in fact only 49.

Just change that one explorer value from 64 to 49 and the map problem should resolve itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Probably within the next few updates, hopefully.
    I'm not sure you could have provided a response that gave me less faith in Turbine's commitment to providing a quality product.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Hopefully the latter, probably the former.
    Terrible. F.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I looked up this bug in our system this morning and it is in the queue to get fixed, but it's too early to give an exact time frame on when it'll be fixed. Probably within the next few updates, hopefully.
    You mean it's more complex than changing the wilderness counter from 49/64 to the correct number of 49/49?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    Unless the bug is beneficial to players, of course. Then it gets fixed in the next patch.
    We're going about it all wrong then.

(Ahem)

Don't tell anyone about it, but golly gee there is a feature that keeps players from seeing the whole annoying map!
    It's SUCH a boon to players to not have the whole map shown despite having all the explorers. I sincerely hope they don't do anything about this feature.

That and Guild Decay- they should raise it about 1000% It's such a good thing.
    And the new feature where we LOOSE all that Epic Destiny XP? I can't get rid of that stuff fast enough. 18 Million XP is just seriously weighing my character DOWN.

Community Member

Hopefully the latter, probably the former.
    Thank you for the candid reply.

Well at least we had an answer!
    i will wait for an update.
    Been questing there so much that having
    The whole map is not my priority
    Brawnpits not appearing is much more boring
    In my opinion as cleaning the whole thing is long
    And missing the 3 chests is painful
    But thanks for answer anyway
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

I looked up this bug in our system this morning and it is in the queue to get fixed, but it's too early to give an exact time frame on when it'll be fixed. Probably within the next few updates, hopefully.
    06/19 -> 09/02
    Still waiting for that (probably quick and easy) fix.

The problem was supposedly fixed with the last update. The heroic Gianthold map properly shows all when all explorers have been found (I checked today).

The Epic map is still NOT cleared of the fog despite having found all the explorers.
    Attackbeast, Jahon, Serana, Johanus, Vacha, Arcee, Urkneecaps, Tanusha - Proud Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh - Khyber

Community Member

You had to tell them about the list?

They were under the impression that you fixed bugs when people complained on the forums.

Now people are going to demand the list, so they can argue why their favorite issue is not higher on the list.

Or on the list at all.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You had to tell them about the list?

They were under the impression that you fixed bugs when people complained on the forums.

Now people are going to demand the list, so they can argue why their favorite issue is not higher on the list.

Or on the list at all.
    Months later and it is still bugged:

.. and most likely not fixed with U20 neither which comes in about a couple of hours, so we wait for U21?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Months later and it is still bugged:

.. and most likely not fixed with U20 neither which comes in about a couple of hours, so we wait for U21?
    U20 patch 1 and still no fix...

Would be nice to have a map, this looks to me as a simple patch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12