Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New DDO Forum still sucks

What the Hell

Constantly have to re-login every 5 minutes.

Pages are screwy.

viewing posters posts makes texting as unreadable unless I hilight everything.

Dev Tracker?....

Heavy graphic without a option to have plain background for those of us who like to sneal peeks of the forums while at work....

No wonder the Forum poster count had dropped.

so to sum it up... the new Forum sucks !
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Nah. It's WAI. They spent too much time dealing with the forums back when people used it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
    Nah. It's WAI. They spent too much time dealing with the forums back when people used it.
    All they had to do was to disable reputation .... would've saved them half the work

If this is the state of the new forums I think I will be done with forum posting.

Not that the Dev's would care, I am usually pretty critical of their activities...
    So maybe its a win win situation as far as they are concerned.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    If this is the state of the new forums I think I will be done with forum posting.

Not that the Dev's would care, I am usually pretty critical of their activities...
    So maybe its a win win situation as far as they are concerned.
    Dev tracker is still not up, but I don't think they have replied to any of the New Forums Suck threads. I think it's about time for them to pull their heads out of their backsides though. I have seen the Turbine folks try to be responsive to forums issues a few times but it sure seems like the are getting into the habit of letting issues fester.

I cannot think of anyone who was pushing the forum update as being a good thing, though the reasoning had mostly to do with logins using game username and password- only a year after their security scare. Now that this version has been here for a few weeks it seems like nothing has been done to fix the overall crappiness of it. I just don't see these forums as being of much use anymore.

Are we going to get a fix or are they going to leave the forums here to rot?

What the Hell

Pages are screwy.

Dev Tracker?....

Heavy graphic without a option to have plain background for those of us who like to sneal peeks of the forums while at work....

All I can help you with is with different themes for the forum and that is if you using something other than IE to browse:

User made forum styles for DDO
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    All I can help you with is with different themes for the forum and that is if you using something other than IE to browse:

User made forum styles for DDO
    I'm using the ddo forums lite skin.
    AND adblock plus to remove all the background and other blocks I don't want to see.
    Only real issue is the log-out timer. Longest is 45 minutes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

What the Hell

Pages are screwy.

Dev Tracker?....

Drink a few alcoholic drinks, whatever is your poison. Come back to the forums, and see if they are any better. Alcohol improves everything. Well except driving, don't do that and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by usernameanon View Post
    Drink a few alcoholic drinks, whatever is your poison. Come back to the forums, and see if they are any better. Alcohol improves everything. Well except driving, don't do that and drink.
    They still suck. Should I try more alcohol?

Angry

It's embarrassing to the Information Technology profession to be honest.

To STILL need to chose between only Canada and USA for a forum account over two weeks since it was spotted and for old forum links to STILL have no redirect in place over two weeks since spotted.

Just hopeless.

Do the 'powered by fans' to supply them with such basics?

Community Member

Unhappy who ever made the forums is self worshiping themselves.

Looking at the forums and reading the text hurts the eyes. white on grey is not good and typing grey on grey, why?

The background is lame. why? Self worship, we do not care about the art if it hurts our eyes. Why would I want to look at half placed art in a forum that uses it not very well. Get rid of the stupid background.

Why did you break the forums?

I sense that since the game is so borked that you all tried to make the forums counter act the game? And tried to gain our support back? You failed!

put the forums back to the way they were. It was the only thing good about the game and you didnt even know it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zzorth View Post
    Looking at the forums and reading the text hurts the eyes. white on grey is not good and typing grey on grey, why?

The background is lame. why? Self worship, we do not care about the art if it hurts our eyes. Why would I want to look at half placed art in a forum that uses it not very well. Get rid of the stupid background.

I sense that since the game is so borked that you all tried to make the forums counter act the game? And tried to gain our support back? You failed!

put the forums back to the way they were. It was the only thing good about the game and you didnt even know it.
    Make sure you don't view people's posts then. Yellow text on white background is 99% worse then grey text on white background.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by usernameanon View Post
    Make sure you don't view people's posts then. Yellow text on white background is 99% worse then grey text on white background.
    Don't worry - they are 'working' on a fix. *cough* one line css alteration *cough*

Dev tracker is still not up, but I don't think they have replied to any of the New Forums Suck threads. I think it's about time for them to pull their heads out of their backsides though. I have seen the Turbine folks try to be responsive to forums issues a few times but it sure seems like the are getting into the habit of letting issues fester.

I cannot think of anyone who was pushing the forum update as being a good thing, though the reasoning had mostly to do with logins using game username and password- only a year after their security scare. Now that this version has been here for a few weeks it seems like nothing has been done to fix the overall crappiness of it. I just don't see these forums as being of much use anymore.

Are we going to get a fix or are they going to leave the forums here to rot?
    The million dollar question.

Said it before, I'll say it again: If they just gave SOME definitive response about intentions towards complaints, half these "Forum Sucks" threads wouldn't be around. Doesn't even need a due date included - just acknowledgement of the general unhappiness of a great number of forum users.

I'd be happy with any variation of:

1) Yep, we messed up a little, my bad, heard what you had to say, working on issues 1-12. No set date.
    2) Yep, we know you hate the new forums, but we're in too deep to back out now. Nothing will change.
    3) We've heard what you all had to say - shut the hell up.

Any of the above would be better than letting the two current forum factions snipe more at each other.
    Would be better than having to read the same threads over and over with different titles.
    Would be better than having a lot of people frustrated as all hell with no knowledge of if things will change.

I'm neither a Turbine-hater, or a fanboi. From the neutral position, seems like a huge PR disaster on top of a technical one. Fix one or the other, or you're just shooting yourself twice over.

Forum negativity is something that comes with any game - but half of it could be removed with just some basic acknowledgement of user concerns. I doubt that anything posted on the forums in regards to this will lose old players, but it would HAVE to be costing in the new player department. Forums are often the first stop for those considering playing a new game. Currently, it looks like technical failures abound, and those in charge aren't bothering to address player concerns. Not a reassuring scenario to invest money into.

EDIT: Well, bleh, on looking, the 3rd May of Web Update notice finally loaded for me without an error response. So take what I said with a grain of salt.

I'll go then with: Update on status please?
    Last edited by Anarchism; 05-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    Add Shifters to playable races and I'll stop complaining. Probably.

Community Member

Giving agreement to the general scope of this thread
    Thumbed Servant (to 3 cats)

Community Member

They still suck. Should I try more alcohol?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

The sad thing is that the community and the forums were one of the things that really made DDO stand out. Active and lively. Even frequently helpful and full of useful information. Now, the links don't work, you have to log in all the time (which I don't think I've ever seen on a gaming forum before), errors abound when clicking on most anything, the search mechanisms are close to useless. I'm not mad. I'm frustrated, but more than that, I'm sad that they're strangling the community.
    Last edited by RTN; 05-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzorth View Post

Your own fault if you don't even bother to grab one of the different themes JJ and I made. Here's how my reply box looks like:

And how the replies look:

Last edited by Aussir; 05-14-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Default Last post.

I can't believe the stupidity on display by Turbine. NWO is released and what do they do?

Clusterfail the forums.

Give us a 'sneak preview' at a freshly coiled turd - AKA "this is how we're going to break your builds next"

Persist with the 'nickel and diming' rather than addressing player concerns and irritating bugs.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    I can't believe the stupidity on display by Turbine. NWO is released and what do they do?.
    Maybe they had one of their marketdroid do a study of the impact of NWO on DDO and said study, explained that they had to reduce the spendings on DDO because NWO would attract people...

The only problem with the study is that the marketdroid has no idea what RPG is really, and especially D&D... And he didn't take into account the 4th Ed Factor. ( I could have called it the Puke Factor too...)
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast