Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78
  1. #41
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    my point is its easy to take the stance you take when clearly you are not raedy or capable of doing EE.

    Only reason you say ppl should take anyone no matter how poor of a player they are
    because your one those poor players....

    Sure you can hate on all those that are ready for EE and call them names for not wanting people like yourself in there groups.
    But at the end of the day only reason you hate them and call them names is because you not very good
    and that is easier then admiting that your not very good and blame others for it.

    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic
    I haven't bothered to post on these forums for a while because I dislike them so much...

    But I did bother to log in for this... Talon completely rocks with his main character, the one, like he said, is ironically considered the "gimp" build in his stable of characters... He almost never dies with that character, even in the hardest of content, and he contributes his fair share...

    Talon is a skilled player...

    He and I did Bastion on elite back when Amrath first came out with our two "gimp" characters (I also had a 12/7/1 ranger/wizard/rogue) back when there was no elite scaling. He knows what he's doing...

    I too almost always take the first 5 to come along... I think it's more interesting that way, and makes me a better player. But I don't do loot runs. I can completely understand why people who do loot runs want a perfect group with the best possible EDs...

    Anyway I think this whole thread is a big misunderstanding... We have a better explanation of what happened above... If, after doing the quest, and before EE dragons, people were asked to change to their best destiny, and they said no, I'd be upset too... I'd probably try to do the dragons anyway just to see, and if those people were worthless, then maybe I'd blacklist them for the future...

    That's a very specific complaint about a very specific dungeon that I think many of us agree with...

    The OP seemed more like "I'm not doing any EEs (not even Bargain of Blood!) unless you're in your best destiny, and you better read my mind, and know my rules because if you're not, I'm squelching you!" But I hope that's not what he/she meant...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  2. #42
    Community Member Drag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    my point is its easy to take the stance you take when clearly you are not raedy or capable of doing EE.

    Only reason you say ppl should take anyone no matter how poor of a player they are
    because your one those poor players....

    Sure you can hate on all those that are ready for EE and call them names for not wanting people like yourself in there groups.
    But at the end of the day only reason you hate them and call them names is because you not very good
    and that is easier then admiting that your not very good and blame others for it.

    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic
    Exactly!
    Dragxon Dragbon Ponth Frass

  3. #43
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic
    I think you are wrong Ace. It is politically incorrect to make someone accountable for their actions. If you upset them, you might hurt their feelings.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    really amazes me:

    best destiny for EE

    roflmao, guess someone is missing the gajillion posts of solo EE

    EE is like doing elite at lvl, with the difference you have 5 epic lvls and 5 ed lvls to fit in

    what do you need to accomplish? know the quest, nothing more, no matter your hp, gear nor ed, just hve to know the quest, i keep doing rwtd, monastery and etk at lvl w/o cc, healer nor evade guys and we succeed, why? because we know the quests, yes, pugging(quite weird in fact, i solo more everytime, the jerk's population is increasing too fast to bother with my squelch list, because you know, after some time i have to clean that list, makes me think i'm a bad player)

    yesterday we finished a elite streak in all 3 chains of eveningstar, i just took 20 (sitting at 22 rn lol) and started the pug, max lvl was 23 and i'm the only one who already had lvled the ed (rest did but in other toons), where was the trouble? nowhere, in fact we had an amazing sorc with 300hp who was an aggro machine, think died once in 11 quests and wasn't tukaw.

    what i use to say when pugging is... if you don't specify enough in the lfm what you're trying to do is extend the "my lfm my rules" to "my lfm i pike"

    solo if don't want pikers, and pls don't complain about ee difficulty, we were using hires, wf so i could heal em

    what will be next? asking for healers for ee groups? like waiting for healer in heroic elite quests?

    btw, you said groups and raids, in a raid is negligible the pressence of 1-2 or even 3 useless players, i mean, have you ever shortmanned a raid?

  5. #45
    Community Member backandforth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psyko_peta View Post
    really amazes me:

    best destiny for EE

    roflmao, guess someone is missing the gajillion posts of solo EE

    EE is like doing elite at lvl, with the difference you have 5 epic lvls and 5 ed lvls to fit in

    what do you need to accomplish? know the quest, nothing more, no matter your hp, gear nor ed, just hve to know the quest, i keep doing rwtd, monastery and etk at lvl w/o cc, healer nor evade guys and we succeed, why? because we know the quests, yes, pugging(quite weird in fact, i solo more everytime, the jerk's population is increasing too fast to bother with my squelch list, because you know, after some time i have to clean that list, makes me think i'm a bad player)

    yesterday we finished a elite streak in all 3 chains of eveningstar, i just took 20 (sitting at 22 rn lol) and started the pug, max lvl was 23 and i'm the only one who already had lvled the ed (rest did but in other toons), where was the trouble? nowhere, in fact we had an amazing sorc with 300hp who was an aggro machine, think died once in 11 quests and wasn't tukaw.

    what i use to say when pugging is... if you don't specify enough in the lfm what you're trying to do is extend the "my lfm my rules" to "my lfm i pike"

    solo if don't want pikers, and pls don't complain about ee difficulty, we were using hires, wf so i could heal em

    what will be next? asking for healers for ee groups? like waiting for healer in heroic elite quests?

    btw, you said groups and raids, in a raid is negligible the pressence of 1-2 or even 3 useless players, i mean, have you ever shortmanned a raid?
    Lets say that you have a group for ee prison of the planes and you have like 90% of the kills. In your party there is another player that has no kills and was pulling levers, because otherwise his dps was very high(deaths per second). When it comes to loot you see that he is pulling an item that you desire really much and you pull nothing.

    In this context how many people will say its ok ,it doesnt matter that i soloed the quest for him.Now lets do it again so that he can loot another item while doing nothing.

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backandforth View Post
    Lets say that you have a group for ee prison of the planes and you have like 90% of the kills. In your party there is another player that has no kills and was pulling levers, because otherwise his dps was very high(deaths per second). When it comes to loot you see that he is pulling an item that you desire really much and you pull nothing.

    In this context how many people will say its ok ,it doesnt matter that i soloed the quest for him.Now lets do it again so that he can loot another item while doing nothing.
    If your post means that piking without your consent, either explicit -he says he needs to AFK for five and you say ok- or implicit -he's a friend- is rude and disappointing, I absolutely agree. That said, you didn't miss the named item you wanted / needed because he pulled it in that one chest. Each player gets separated rolls which aren't conditioned by other people's rolls. You wouldn't have gotten the item if that player wasn't in your group either. He did no harm to you in that respect.

  7. #47
    Community Member backandforth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    If your post means that piking without your consent, either explicit -he says he needs to AFK for five and you say ok- or implicit -he's a friend- is rude and disappointing, I absolutely agree. That said, you didn't miss the named item you wanted / needed because he pulled it in that one chest. Each player gets separated rolls which aren't conditioned by other people's rolls. You wouldn't have gotten the item if that player wasn't in your group either. He did no harm to you in that respect.
    I understand that he wouldnt take my item. If this was the case I would not create a party,I would just solo it.

    What I tried to say is that it feels good to see a person get rewarded for his effort and it feels unfair to see a person get rewarded while doing nothing.
    Then there is the case of people who want to get that item doing nothing and they find fair to pike xp also.

  8. #48
    Community Member Tuffmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clan Gnashtooth's Prison
    Posts
    126

    Default

    To many dirty puggers out there that only care about getting xp at the expense of others.
    But if you dare say anthing about it you are Elitest Jerk.

    dont you know we owe it to them....

  9. #49
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    As a rule, just don't play with the OP. Good player but a terrible drama queen.

  10. #50
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    As a rule, just don't play with the OP. Good player but a terrible drama queen.
    says the guy that shows up to EE tors in lvl 1 destinys for xp....

  11. #51
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Good thread.
    Reminded me why I dont stay at 25 and instead tr.

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    292

    Default

    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    ...If he gets frustrated and leaves... well in most situations he is stil welcome with me. (especially since I do not keep a blacklist)...
    Guilds with a "blacklist" of newbies is a large problem because DDO is having difficulty retaining newcomers. Most come, play a little, and then move on to other titles. It appears that some are leaving because they were expelled from a group and even squelched for no good reason.

    A large part of the problem appears to lie within the community. A post made some time ago on another forum describes what is happening. They wrote:

    "...The community is garbage...If your not leet and make a couple mistakes you get squelched and the community trolls dont let you into parties anymore..."

    This post claims that some members of the DDO community conspire against newcomers and censure them for no real reason. That sort of thing kills the game and yet several posts in this thread confirm the conspiracies.

    Oh well, DDO was a pretty good game while it lasted but don't subscribe too far ahead.

  13. #53
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    [
    Guilds with a "blacklist" of newbies is a large problem because DDO is having difficulty retaining newcomers. Most come, play a little, and then move on to other titles. It appears that some are leaving because they were expelled from a group and even squelched for no good reason.

    A large part of the problem appears to lie within the community. A post made some time ago on another forum describes what is happening. They wrote:

    "...The community is garbage...If your not leet and make a couple mistakes you get squelched and the community trolls dont let you into parties anymore..."

    This post claims that some members of the DDO community conspire against newcomers and censure them for no real reason. That sort of thing kills the game and yet several posts in this thread confirm the conspiracies.

    Oh well, DDO was a pretty good game while it lasted but don't subscribe too far ahead.
    Bah . . .n00bs being dumb are the problem not the people who want to not play with dumb people. Why should it be the veteran's job to babysit tards.

  14. #54
    Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    329

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Oh I think I got your pont allright.

    You clearly only want to group with people who are up to your standards and/or who you think will make your completions easier.


    Don't want to group with me?
    That's easy...

    Just put any unwelcoming comment in your LFMs or something that shows me that you cannot complete a quest without your perfect group, and I won't be joining you.

    I know for a fact that good players can take any five people who want to join, with out any kind of screening process and compltete quests just fine. Even EEs.

    Maybe not everytime.. but more often than not. In fact I would say more than 80% of PUGs I join complete.


    It is not some grand honor or priviledge to join someone's LFM that has some kind of screening requirements.

    it is an honor for me, to be priviiledged to group with fun friendly, welcoming people out to have fun, and not ask for some kind of resume and references to join some "elite" club.

    ANYONE who wants to play nice with others and come to have fun is welcome to group with me...
    Anyone who wishes to give a challegning quest a try.

    I don't care what you class or class split or current destiny or gear... or exoperience level is...
    All I care about is that you play well with others.

    Yes... EEs are tough. It helps to come prepared.
    Jion an EE LFM and expect others to carry you through wil probably mean a wipe.

    But I feel perfectly fine with a Barbarian Magester who knows how to play the game joining me for an EE quest.

    How can I tell if he knows how to play or not? How can I tell if he is really ready? if he is coming prepared?

    I can't.
    No way possible for me to discover that until I run something with him.

    But more importantly, I don't really care.
    If he dies.. if he can't hack it... he will probably not have fun and leave at the earliest possibility.

    If he gets frustrated and leaves... well in most situations he is stil welcome with me. (especially since I do not keep a blacklist)

    Attitude.. friendliness... far more important to my fun than uberness.

    I keep hearing for seven years now how difficult the end game content is.
    I keep hearing "you must be this high to ride this ride."

    Haven't found any content yet that that turned out to actually be true.
    +1 If I could add to your rep, I would. But I cant. Cause the forums wont seem to let me.

    If you're on Thelanis, send me a PM. I'd love to group with you some day.

  15. #55
    Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Bah . . .n00bs being dumb are the problem not the people who want to not play with dumb people. Why should it be the veteran's job to babysit tards.
    Some might say it could be to the veterans benefit to pass on their knowledge to newer players.


    After all, you reap what you sow.

  16. #56
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    ya sure teaching ppl that want to learn is not hard.

    The problem is that most dont want to learn.
    They know what they are doing...
    just ask them.


    So ya no one wants to group with a tard that think they know what they are doing and refuse to learn. because they already know everything
    and for somereason it everyone else and not them that is the problem.

  17. #57
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I love watching response from people who clearly DO NOT run EE's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  18. #58
    Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    ya sure teaching ppl that want to learn is not hard.

    The problem is that most dont want to learn.
    They know what they are doing...
    just ask them.


    So ya no one wants to group with a tard that think they know what they are doing and refuse to learn. because they already know everything
    and for somereason it everyone else and not them that is the problem.
    You are, of course, right (although I would not say "most do not want to learn" I think that is a bit extreme). I don't mind running any content with a newer player as long as they're willing to listen and learn. Being a bit of a power gamer myself (who's run most content to EE) I do get frustrated sometimes but am always happy to offer advice. If the advice isn't taken or, worse yet, scorned, I simply add that character to my DO NOT GROUP WITH list. Simple. If you're going to PUG though, you take the risk.

    Luckily 90% of the time I get to meet and play with some great people. The other 10% (if that really) is all "water of a ducks back".

  19. #59
    Community Member Ozrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I wish to clear the air..as its beggining to stink.Firstly the OP seems to think it's fun to cause a drama and every time he posts an LFM he states 'no Blade Runners'.Which is fine we got your message loud and clear.There are no Blade Runners wish to run with you anyway so you can now refrain from putting these LFM's up.
    When asked in tells and being told clearly that none from our guild would bother to app to his LFM's so he may aswell remove the comment he retorted 'I like it there.'I can only assume he wishes to give us a bad name.Such bully tactics are not new to you are they.

    So the OP wishes to blacklist our whole guild because of one guildy who did his best.By all accounts he tried to save you and died in the quest himself only to be told to recall rebuff.Of course as soon as he was out of the zone he was kicked by the OP.This man is 64 and disabled.He has made some great improvements since he joined us but yes he is still learning.
    You taught him one thing that you are arrogant and unplesent to group with.I do agree with you on going into EE quests and harder raids in your best destiny and i know he may not have chosen the destiny you would have but if you are so great it wouldn't have mattered after all you say you can practically solo everything in game or so you say.

    As for being a piker because you didn't take the right destiny is just a farsical statement on your behalf.I witnessed this for myself at a recent FoT when you had obviously examined everyone in the raid to see which destinys they were in so you could once again use your bully boy tactics.The poor guy poor guy from another big guild a WF arty was asked,'What are you here for?'.He replied with a '?'
    Ofc he was there to raid.Then it was 'You have come to pike to lvl your ED'.At this point he was zoning in and dc (zonebug). While the OP carried on saying in party that 'We are not here to carry you' etc etc it went on even while he was still dc.

    Firstly the guy was lucky he didn't see all you wrote..secondly he probably didn't know what destiny he would be best using as he didn't even know his role at that time.Come on it wasn't even your raid and you were like that,it was being run by a very good raid leader from Reknown.Thirdly you could have used tells and informed him he would probably be better using this or that ED..but you wanted to make a scene as usual.And to show him up or belittle him in front of the raid.

    I personally have nothing against anyone including you Aceita just try to be a little kinder to your fellow humans we are not drones and deserve as much respect as anyone else.Oh and thanks to the moderators that removed the OP flaming post from our recruitment thread well spotted.I'm sure Legion would not like it if it was done to them.

    All the best Aceita enjoy your game without us we play with many other high level players that are just as skilled as you and are far more plesent to group with.We like to have fun aswell it's called Gaming for a reason.Respect is earned not granted by default earn some not with your play style but your attitude towards your fellow gamers.
    Anyway enough.I'll say no more tho i could go further,good day to you.

    Just fyi i have completed every EE in game except FoT..have 2 toons all ED's capped working on a third,have only ever piked once ..when i was asked to that was the Pit lol,and we as a guild are in general quiet capable.Ofc mistakes can happen occasionally Cest la vie.
    Guild leader of Blade Runners of Thelanis
    Azrik elf 1st life forever AA (28),Cromelia THF dwarf mulitclass barb alternative build TR3ETR1(28),Workshy human monkcher TR3ETR1 (28),Barrabash human kensei ip TR3ETR ,Endorfines TWF dwarf fighter(25).

  20. #60
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    You clearly only want to group with people who are up to your standards and/or who you think will make your completions easier.
    It is not some grand honor or privilege to join someone's LFM that has some kind of screening requirements.
    it is an honor for me, to be privileged to group with fun friendly, welcoming people out to have fun, and not ask for some kind of resume and references to join some "elite" club.
    Attitude.. friendliness... far more important to my fun than uberness.
    ALL of this

    OP and the other posters that are putting yourselves above other people, you need a reality check.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload