Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I think it needs to be said, if you are posting the LFM and intend on booting and squelching anyone who dares show up in a destiny they're trying to level.

    I've done lots of EE runs where no one cared what destiny anyone else was in, and we still had fun and still completed. I've also seen LFM's that specify everyone is supposed to be in their "best" destiny.

    It makes far more sense to specify in your LFM than it does to just assume that everyone will "know" they have to be in their "best" ED and that they will be booted and squelched if they aren't.
    Listing requirement in the LFM helps of course, and it depends on what content we're talking about, nobody probably minds if you show up in a weak destiny for EE Impossible Demands. I believe OP was referring to harder quests and raids where everybody actually needs to be able to contribute.

    (I've never squelched anyone btw.)

  2. #22
    Community Member Drag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Oh I think I got your pont allright.

    You clearly only want to group with people who are up to your standards and/or who you think will make your completions easier.


    Don't want to group with me?
    That's easy...

    Just put any unwelcoming comment in your LFMs or something that shows me that you cannot complete a quest without your perfect group, and I won't be joining you.

    I know for a fact that good players can take any five people who want to join, with out any kind of screening process and compltete quests just fine. Even EEs.

    Maybe not everytime.. but more often than not. In fact I would say more than 80% of PUGs I join complete.


    It is not some grand honor or priviledge to join someone's LFM that has some kind of screening requirements.

    it is an honor for me, to be priviiledged to group with fun friendly, welcoming people out to have fun, and not ask for some kind of resume and references to join some "elite" club.

    ANYONE who wants to play nice with others and come to have fun is welcome to group with me...
    Anyone who wishes to give a challegning quest a try.

    I don't care what you class or class split or current destiny or gear... or exoperience level is...
    All I care about is that you play well with others.

    Yes... EEs are tough. It helps to come prepared.
    Jion an EE LFM and expect others to carry you through wil probably mean a wipe.

    But I feel perfectly fine with a Barbarian Magester who knows how to play the game joining me for an EE quest.

    How can I tell if he knows how to play or not? How can I tell if he is really ready? if he is coming prepared?

    I can't.
    No way possible for me to discover that until I run something with him.

    But more importantly, I don't really care.
    If he dies.. if he can't hack it... he will probably not have fun and leave at the earliest possibility.

    If he gets frustrated and leaves... well in most situations he is stil welcome with me. (especially since I do not keep a blacklist)

    Attitude.. friendliness... far more important to my fun than uberness.

    I keep hearing for seven years now how difficult the end game content is.
    I keep hearing "you must be this high to ride this ride."

    Haven't found any content yet that that turned out to actually be true.
    I think it said best earlier on in a post that states that if you come in a weak destiny your going to be hurting the group and not contributing equal. Now i am not saying that everyone has to contribute equal but if you come in to a group expecting to level a level 0 ED then you are going to be useless and i wouldnt even bother picking up your stone when you die.

    To put some perspective from where Talon is coming he plays a 11 ranger and either 4 or 5 and 4 or 5 rogue/wizard (cant remember exacts) and when you tried to join my party as that with level 3 of Gmof as your ED, I asked nicely what the theory behind your build was and you just left. So i ask again what is the point of your build. Also since you said that only good players matter in EEs then i ask what good player will not build a good build that is not a flavor build. Do not use the argument that you dont want to TR because that just means you expect other people to carry you through when your build's weaknesses causes you to fail.

    I dont disagree that almost any group can complete EEs but many of them are going to be quite expensive and long if you dont come prepared and that means bringing a useful ED. This leads to the point the op is trying to make as when a group is running EEs for items or favor they are not there xp or to smell the flowers, they are there to get their loot (or skunk in most cases ) and get out. This kind of play is sooooo mush easier with a group full of people in their useful EDs.

  3. #23
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drag- View Post
    I think it said best earlier on in a post that states that if you come in a weak destiny your going to be hurting the group and not contributing equal. Now i am not saying that everyone has to contribute equal but if you come in to a group expecting to level a level 0 ED then you are going to be useless and i wouldnt even bother picking up your stone when you die.

    To put some perspective from where Talon is coming he plays a 11 ranger and either 4 or 5 and 4 or 5 rogue/wizard (cant remember exacts) and when you tried to join my party as that with level 3 of Gmof as your ED, I asked nicely what the theory behind your build was and you just left. So i ask again what is the point of your build. Also since you said that only good players matter in EEs then i ask what good player will not build a good build that is not a flavor build. Do not use the argument that you dont want to TR because that just means you expect other people to carry you through when your build's weaknesses causes you to fail.

    I dont disagree that almost any group can complete EEs but many of them are going to be quite expensive and long if you dont come prepared and that means bringing a useful ED. This leads to the point the op is trying to make as when a group is running EEs for items or favor they are not there xp or to smell the flowers, they are there to get their loot (or skunk in most cases ) and get out. This kind of play is sooooo mush easier with a group full of people in their useful EDs.
    When I saw your LFM, it had no elitist comments in it, so I tried to join.

    But instead of accepting me, you asked about my build first.

    Since it has been my experience that anyone who worries about someone else's build... or ED... etc.... is not someone I want to grpup with, ..

    I simple said "NM thx" and moved on.

    This happens occasionally.. and I have sometimes /squelched the person immediately.
    cause the more I see this sorta thing, the more I want to never group with those who..... well... have that attitude.

    I am not going to beg to join a group.
    I am not going to provide a resume and references...etc.

    ... actually.. I believe I have a little bit of a rep on Thelanis.... been playing Talonkage for seven years now....

    I believe my rep is generally understanding that my build is not high DPS, but that I know how to use it pretty well.
    I believe I have a rep as a surviver...
    I believe I have a rep as a helpful person who never messess anything up.

    I believe that those players who really understand how the game works, understand my build just fine.... although I understand that they do think the class combo is not ideal.

    One argument against my class split is that if you grind the right loot, you can aquire everything my build can do in some other way.
    ... several Displacement clickies for instance.... and a stack of Hast pots.

    Add guild buffs, and permanent Blur clickie....

    .. and the appeal of anything my build gains is not that great to the hard-core players.


    Talonkage is a Rgr11/Rog4/Wiz5
    I have very good Rogue skills and UMD... and other skills.... the build is very vesitile.
    There is almost no buff (except Artificer buffs) that anyone could want that I cannot self cast.
    There is no cure that I cannot self cast. (well... except Good Hope)

    My Ref save is usually in the 50s, and my other saves are not bad either.
    The build has Evasion.

    I melee and range...

    I have some pretty good gear on him, and even have a decent AC right now.

    I carry a ton of healing resources and freely use them to help the party if needed.

    In short the build is completely self sufficient and I freely help others and have seven years of experience that I think shows in my playstyle.



    I have a ton of alts, with some doing much more DPS, and some having much higher HP/lvl than Talonkage.
    But I can tell you that none of my toons handles EEs as well as that one.

    But what I bring most to any group is "me". A seven year vet of this game with a lot of game and quest knowlege.


    Anyway, I have never asked anyone to justify thei rworth in my groups, and I will not justify mine to someone elses.

    This is a game.. we are here to have fun.
    Anyone is welcome to group with me if they wish.... I just ask people to be nice!
    Nice, helpful... and let's just do our best.

    Do you best and good things wil happen.


    On another note: it never ceases to amaze me that those same people that claim to have such better toons than I do find quests more difficult to complete than I do.

    Oh... they will be quick to say how they can solo any quest in the game.... but yet they apparently cannot PUG a quest without stacking the deck for an easy completion.

    Yet, me and my gimpled build can go with any five people off the street.... (and with no healer no less) and complete the same quests.


    Like I sad in the beginning, I have not seen EEs be so difficult that I cared what destiny people showed up in.
    Or what class split...HP... you name it.

    I will say that experience matters. I know that it does. It is very obvious the difference between a PUG of experienced players and a bunch of noobs.

    But the more I read on the forums.. the more unfriendly LFMs I see in game... the more I have decided to uphold my principles of welcoming anyone who wants to give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  4. #24
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drag- View Post
    I think it said best earlier on in a post that states that if you come in a weak destiny your going to be hurting the group and not contributing equal. Now i am not saying that everyone has to contribute equal but if you come in to a group expecting to level a level 0 ED then you are going to be useless and i wouldnt even bother picking up your stone when you die.

    To put some perspective from where Talon is coming he plays a 11 ranger and either 4 or 5 and 4 or 5 rogue/wizard (cant remember exacts) and when you tried to join my party as that with level 3 of Gmof as your ED, I asked nicely what the theory behind your build was and you just left. So i ask again what is the point of your build. Also since you said that only good players matter in EEs then i ask what good player will not build a good build that is not a flavor build. Do not use the argument that you dont want to TR because that just means you expect other people to carry you through when your build's weaknesses causes you to fail.

    I dont disagree that almost any group can complete EEs but many of them are going to be quite expensive and long if you dont come prepared and that means bringing a useful ED. This leads to the point the op is trying to make as when a group is running EEs for items or favor they are not there xp or to smell the flowers, they are there to get their loot (or skunk in most cases ) and get out. This kind of play is sooooo mush easier with a group full of people in their useful EDs.

    Don't you know it's your job to carry people through content?

  5. #25
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    On my artie, it doesn't much matter what ED I'm in, I can contribute regardless. Yes, in my preferred destiny I can contribute a lot more - but whenever I joined EH raids, and I was ED lvl 4 or higher (3 sometimes), I privately laugh a bit when the leader said "make sure you're in your best destiny." Utterly not needed if you're an artie.

    But on my fighter - outside of the melee destinies, she's basically worthless. I wouldn't think to join even an EH raid on a poor destiny in my fighter. I find the same, to a lessor extent, with my sorc. Outside of a casting ED, she just can't contribute much - and at level 3 in Shiradi, still not enough ability.

    So...imo, some builds can manage quite well in low level or not-main destinies while others cannot.

    For the more difficult EE stuff, I prefer to be decked out completely and in my best destiny. Otherwise, you might not be able to save the quest if the group starts failing.

  6. #26
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    This entirely depends on the EE...most are not difficult enough to care about whether a person joining is in their best destiny (and sometimes, you don't KNOW what destiny is best for that person).

    For, say, EE Madstone, I wouldn't want fighters in DI, for example...for EE Trial by Fire, though (despite it being ridiculously hard :P), I'd only care that people are worth their scaling.

    Personally, I farm out my EDs at the farmhouse, though.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  7. #27
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press
    MuleAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Raven
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Ya don't go to a formal wearing flip flops, ratty t-shirt, and cutoff's. Just like ya don't go to combat with a marshmallow gun when the enemy is using things that will rip you to pieces. Bring what you need to effectively destroy the enemy, while at the same time suffer the least amount of casualties possible... or stay home...

    No need to debate it, just don't show up if you aren't showing up to win
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I had a guy join one of my EE Crucible runs, which the LFM stated was already IP.

    Guy: Can you wait to talk at the beginning so I can get xp please?

    Me: ....Uhhh, we're halfway done with the quest.

    *ding*

    Guy has left your party.



    ?????

  9. #29
    Hero thesnoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Windham, ME, USA
    Posts
    391

    Default It was an EE Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    This entirely depends on the EE...most are not difficult enough to care about whether a person joining is in their best destiny
    Just so everyone knows - the quest the OP posted about was EE Tor.

    The people I squelched during the run were politely asked to change destinies AFTER the completion, but before the dragons.

    I don't recall the first players' EDs, but I do recall that they both were in a level 2 destiny that was pretty worthless for their toon. (Fighter in DI or Mag type of thing)

    Them being in said destiny did not earn them a squelch - them rudely refusing to change after the majority of the XP was had and the party leader requested a quick release to change to a helpful destiny is what earned them the squelch.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

    Officer of The Innfellows

  10. #30
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    Just so everyone knows - the quest the OP posted about was EE Tor.

    The people I squelched during the run were politely asked to change destinies AFTER the completion, but before the dragons.

    I don't recall the first players' EDs, but I do recall that they both were in a level 2 destiny that was pretty worthless for their toon. (Fighter in DI or Mag type of thing)

    Them being in said destiny did not earn them a squelch - them rudely refusing to change after the majority of the XP was had and the party leader requested a quick release to change to a helpful destiny is what earned them the squelch.
    THAT'S reasonable, expecting people to pull their weight for EE Dragons (which you're only ever really doing for loot anyways).

    As I said, context matters. :P
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  11. #31
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    Just so everyone knows - the quest the OP posted about was EE Tor.

    The people I squelched during the run were politely asked to change destinies AFTER the completion, but before the dragons.

    I don't recall the first players' EDs, but I do recall that they both were in a level 2 destiny that was pretty worthless for their toon. (Fighter in DI or Mag type of thing)

    Them being in said destiny did not earn them a squelch - them rudely refusing to change after the majority of the XP was had and the party leader requested a quick release to change to a helpful destiny is what earned them the squelch.
    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    THAT'S reasonable, expecting people to pull their weight for EE Dragons (which you're only ever really doing for loot anyways).

    As I said, context matters. :P
    I agree the request seems fair. The party compromised for leveling, now it is time for loot.

  12. #32
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    When I saw your LFM, it had no elitist comments in it, so I tried to join.

    But instead of accepting me, you asked about my build first.

    Since it has been my experience that anyone who worries about someone else's build... or ED... etc.... is not someone I want to grpup with, ..

    I simple said "NM thx" and moved on.

    This happens occasionally.. and I have sometimes /squelched the person immediately.
    cause the more I see this sorta thing, the more I want to never group with those who..... well... have that attitude.

    I am not going to beg to join a group.
    I am not going to provide a resume and references...etc.

    ... actually.. I believe I have a little bit of a rep on Thelanis.... been playing Talonkage for seven years now....

    I believe my rep is generally understanding that my build is not high DPS, but that I know how to use it pretty well.
    I believe I have a rep as a surviver...
    I believe I have a rep as a helpful person who never messess anything up.

    I believe that those players who really understand how the game works, understand my build just fine.... although I understand that they do think the class combo is not ideal.

    One argument against my class split is that if you grind the right loot, you can aquire everything my build can do in some other way.
    ... several Displacement clickies for instance.... and a stack of Hast pots.

    Add guild buffs, and permanent Blur clickie....

    .. and the appeal of anything my build gains is not that great to the hard-core players.


    Talonkage is a Rgr11/Rog4/Wiz5
    I have very good Rogue skills and UMD... and other skills.... the build is very vesitile.
    There is almost no buff (except Artificer buffs) that anyone could want that I cannot self cast.
    There is no cure that I cannot self cast. (well... except Good Hope)

    My Ref save is usually in the 50s, and my other saves are not bad either.
    The build has Evasion.

    I melee and range...

    I have some pretty good gear on him, and even have a decent AC right now.

    I carry a ton of healing resources and freely use them to help the party if needed.

    In short the build is completely self sufficient and I freely help others and have seven years of experience that I think shows in my playstyle.



    I have a ton of alts, with some doing much more DPS, and some having much higher HP/lvl than Talonkage.
    But I can tell you that none of my toons handles EEs as well as that one.

    But what I bring most to any group is "me". A seven year vet of this game with a lot of game and quest knowlege.


    Anyway, I have never asked anyone to justify thei rworth in my groups, and I will not justify mine to someone elses.

    This is a game.. we are here to have fun.
    Anyone is welcome to group with me if they wish.... I just ask people to be nice!
    Nice, helpful... and let's just do our best.

    Do you best and good things wil happen.


    On another note: it never ceases to amaze me that those same people that claim to have such better toons than I do find quests more difficult to complete than I do.

    Oh... they will be quick to say how they can solo any quest in the game.... but yet they apparently cannot PUG a quest without stacking the deck for an easy completion.

    Yet, me and my gimpled build can go with any five people off the street.... (and with no healer no less) and complete the same quests.


    Like I sad in the beginning, I have not seen EEs be so difficult that I cared what destiny people showed up in.
    Or what class split...HP... you name it.

    I will say that experience matters. I know that it does. It is very obvious the difference between a PUG of experienced players and a bunch of noobs.

    But the more I read on the forums.. the more unfriendly LFMs I see in game... the more I have decided to uphold my principles of welcoming anyone who wants to give it a try.
    says they guy that join EE run from the start,

    out of the 200+ mobs killed you got 1
    out of the 7 deaths all 7 was yours....

  13. #33
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    says they guy that join EE run from the start,

    out of the 200+ mobs killed you got 1
    out of the 7 deaths all 7 was yours....
    Would you be so kind as to enlighten me on which quest you are talking about....




    Edit: was this my Druid? On one of the High Road quests?

    Yeah... not a good day for me then. can't rember for sure but if you are talking about hwat I think you are, that was the first EE on my Druid. I also admit to not yet figuring out the best way to play a Druid yet.

    Lots of AOE spells to get agro.... yet.. instead of killing things I just make the whole army mad at me.... Not my usual style of play. And not good for EE at all.

    Ironic part is that I think my Druid may come closer to being an approved build than most of my other characters.

    But I admit it.. I suck at playing a Druid.
    Last edited by Talon_Moonshadow; 05-16-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  14. #34
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Would you be so kind as to enlighten me on which quest you are talking about....




    Edit: was this my Druid? On one of the High Road quests?

    Yeah... not a good day for me then. can't rember for sure but if you are talking about hwat I think you are, that was the first EE on my Druid. I also admit to not yet figuring out the best way to play a Druid yet.

    Lots of AOE spells to get agro.... yet.. instead of killing things I just make the whole army mad at me.... Not my usual style of play. And not good for EE at all.

    Ironic part is that I think my Druid may come closer to being an approved build than most of my other characters.

    But I admit it.. I suck at playing a Druid.
    my point is its easy to take the stance you take when clearly you are not raedy or capable of doing EE.

    Only reason you say ppl should take anyone no matter how poor of a player they are
    because your one those poor players....

    Sure you can hate on all those that are ready for EE and call them names for not wanting people like yourself in there groups.
    But at the end of the day only reason you hate them and call them names is because you not very good
    and that is easier then admiting that your not very good and blame others for it.

    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic

  15. #35
    Community Member Elaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Do you now feel validated?
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I agree with the sentiment of this thread, especially for EE Tor. Not only bring a good ED, but bring some sort of ranged DPS or don't bother coming. When all I hear are crickets after asking the various Fighter/Barbarian types if they have some ranged DPS option, or Energy Sheath/Ring of the Djinn for the Blue Dragon fight, I know they are a waste of space. People get sick of failing quests because of that certain element of players who join groups hoping to be carried.

    I redid my feats and enhancements and ground out an ED and twists that were useful, BEFORE I showed up for EE Tor. I don't see why others can't do the same. It's not like you need multiple past lives or best in slot gear, you don't. What you do need is an attitude that says 'I am joining this group, knowing that I can at least carry my weight in the most difficult encounter we are about to undertake'.

    If you can't or won't do that, don't join you are piking baggage.

  17. #37
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    It is my opinion that a character's best destiny is not always the best destiny
    That doesn't sound stupid at all.

  18. #38
    Community Member backandforth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    215

    Default

    A little bit off-topic but..

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post

    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic
    I would be a really happy pugger if all the ultra selective ee leaders were as good as the members of their party.

    I would also be happy if they would make an effort to ask what each applicant brings to the party.
    It would be even cooler if the members of the party could see who applies and who gets rejected ,
    in order to have an idea about the leaders selecting abilities too. Especially in raid parties.


    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    out of the 200+ mobs killed you got 1
    out of the 7 deaths all 7 was yours....
    A druid is a tricky class to play. During my first EE tor runs I was hoping for a druid to join,because they would cc everything with earthquake and slow mobs with ice storm and in general they would make the quest easier.
    This would probably mean they would take aggro a lot ,causing them to die and making them have fewer kills.
    Not saying this was the case with the druid in your party, but the deaths or the kills dont reflect 100% what each player contributes.

    My fvs gets declined all the time for reasons like: we don't need another healer , we need dps, lol what do you need the wizard level for? and the quests I dont have 30 kills more than everybody else are rare.
    Not to mention the times you apply and just wait...


    A fair leader before declining or even squelching the applicants needs imho to communicate with the players applying. To give himself the chance to be surprised positivelly.
    Judging from myself ,I dont apply if I think I dont belong somewhere and I think I am the rule and not the exception.



    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    When I saw your LFM, it had no elitist comments in it, so I tried to join.

    But instead of accepting me, you asked about my build first.

    Since it has been my experience that anyone who worries about someone else's build... or ED... etc.... is not someone I want to grpup with, ..

    I simple said "NM thx" and moved on.

    This happens occasionally.. and I have sometimes /squelched the person immediately.
    cause the more I see this sorta thing, the more I want to never group with those who..... well... have that attitude.

    I am not going to beg to join a group.
    I am not going to provide a resume and references...etc.

    ... actually.. I believe I have a little bit of a rep on Thelanis.... been playing Talonkage for seven years now....
    .
    I don't believe the name or the guild's label is the the decisive factor in joining a party.
    I have even been questioned and declined by guildies in the past and for a good reason.

    If a leader dont know how you play your character I dont get why is it bad from him asking you.
    The vets should not deny new people education.

    A player who is only doing crowd control and nothing else, is welcome in my party.
    5 players that only do crowd control are not very welcome for obvious reasons.

    I understand being questioned can create an unwelcoming feeling, but does not always mean you are unwelcomed.

  19. #39
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backandforth View Post
    A little bit off-topic but..



    I would be a really happy pugger if all the ultra selective ee leaders were as good as the members of their party.

    I would also be happy if they would make an effort to ask what each applicant brings to the party.
    It would be even cooler if the members of the party could see who applies and who gets rejected ,
    in order to have an idea about the leaders selecting abilities too. Especially in raid parties.




    A druid is a tricky class to play. During my first EE tor runs I was hoping for a druid to join,because they would cc everything with earthquake and slow mobs with ice storm and in general they would make the quest easier.
    This would probably mean they would take aggro a lot ,causing them to die and making them have fewer kills.
    Not saying this was the case with the druid in your party, but the deaths or the kills dont reflect 100% what each player contributes.

    My fvs gets declined all the time for reasons like: we don't need another healer , we need dps, lol what do you need the wizard level for? and the quests I dont have 30 kills more than everybody else are rare.
    Not to mention the times you apply and just wait...


    A fair leader before declining or even squelching the applicants needs imho to communicate with the players applying. To give himself the chance to be surprised positivelly.
    Judging from myself ,I dont apply if I think I dont belong somewhere and I think I am the rule and not the exception.





    I don't believe the name or the guild's label is the the decisive factor in joining a party.
    I have even been questioned and declined by guildies in the past and for a good reason.

    If a leader dont know how you play your character I dont get why is it bad from him asking you.
    The vets should not deny new people education.

    A player who is only doing crowd control and nothing else, is welcome in my party.
    5 players that only do crowd control are not very welcome for obvious reasons.

    I understand being questioned can create an unwelcoming feeling, but does not always mean you are unwelcomed.
    How embarrassing to see two comments I made about two extremely different toons of mine.

    Like I said, I have not figured out yet how to play my Druid. Porbably especially on EEs......

    The two classes I have turned to the forums for build advice on where the Druid and the Artificer.
    My Druid has max Wisdom, decent Con and some Str.... one o fthe few characters I have dumped Dex on..... and I totally hate that fact.

    Everytime I see a large group o fmobs together, I want to cast AOE damaging spells on my Druid..... icestorms, storms of vengence, call lightning storms.... FEEL THE WRATH OF NATURE!!!!!!

    ... and what happens? Especially on EE? Wowo... tons of HPs... lets go beat up that nature boy tht is damaging every single one of us.....

    anyway, the group reffered to seemed to be taking anyone who wanted to join... at least when I hit the LFM.
    I think my Druid was lvl 22... maybe 23 at the time.

    To mention the topic of this thread......didn't have a "best destiny" yet.... I don't think I had started hearing about how great Shiradi casters are until very recently.....

    longstory short... I felt like I sucked in that quest..... I left group right after the quest because I felt embarrassed...

    I talked to a friend about right afterwards..... he told me I should have cast Earthquake first in everyfight.
    But I have t to wonder... doesn't Earthquake have a save? Would they actualy fail their saves on EE?

    What I did toward the end of that quest was stop using AOE spells, and stick to single target GC Cold. But on EE they have so many HO that that didn't kil them either.... but at least it stopped the constant multiple agroes on me....

    anyway... totally true.... I sucked in that quest.

    But.... that LFM leader did took whoever wanted to join him.... and the group barely slowed down and completed... and they got their loot.

    If the OP is right and EE is about loot and not XP.... then what harm did I do?
    Despite the low kills, I must have been helping... to get that much agro..... but obviously that group didn't need me...

    My favorite class to play is Rangers. I usually draw a lot less agro. I usually have a good Ref save and don't die everytime a caster blinks at me.

    Druids are so different... fun in their won way, but I am really struggling to figure out when they should do what.

    How cool it is to make thunder and lightning and see damage numbers fill my screen. But then comes the agro.... and man they hit hard on EE.
    Last edited by Talon_Moonshadow; 05-17-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  20. #40
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    my point is its easy to take the stance you take when clearly you are not raedy or capable of doing EE.

    Only reason you say ppl should take anyone no matter how poor of a player they are
    because your one those poor players....

    Sure you can hate on all those that are ready for EE and call them names for not wanting people like yourself in there groups.
    But at the end of the day only reason you hate them and call them names is because you not very good
    and that is easier then admiting that your not very good and blame others for it.

    You claim you let anyone in your groups..... do you have much choice?
    clearly you cant be selective otherwise you will have to exclude yourself
    but going around thinking you are holier then tho for it is a bit ironic
    LOL . . . my suspicions are confirmed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload