Community Member

Default Greensteel problem.

So, here is the thing. I haven't played for a year, maybe more. And my greensteel rapier was almost finished, but not finished yet. When I was crafting it, there were many steps to complete, now I find that there are only a few. So, my problem is that my rapier is almost finished, but I'm missing "Radiance" (Not "Aspect of Radiance". Just Radiance.) But with this new system (or maybe it's the same system and I'm just an idiot), it seems I can't complete it. In other words, if we can divide the whole crafting process into 4, I'm in step 3,80, but can't get to 4.

Here is an screenshot of my rapier:

And it should look exactly the same, but with the "Radiance" word and description added. (Blinding enemies and dealing +4d6, both things during crit).

So, any ideas about a way to complete it? Suggestions?

I'm no GS expert, but I think this is what you're looking for:

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/b...&altC=0&type=r

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/b...&altC=0&type=i

At the crafting planner (first link) I entered the following options:

Item: Green Steel Rapier
    Tier 1: Flaming - Fire/Dom/Mat
    Tier 2: Good Burst - Pos/Dom/Mat
    Tier 2 Bonus: Aspect of Radiance

Tier 3 Effect: Fire Blast - Fire/Dom/Mat [you get this one]
    Tier 3 2nd: Good Blast - Pos/Dom/Mat [you don't get this one]
    Tier 3 Bonus: Aspect of Radiance II (your light dmg and blinding effects)

HTH
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Your GS is at step 4.

You already added the tier 3 benefit (Insight Dex +2), but on the altar recipe choice you forgot to click on the option that would add Dex +2 AND Radiance, instead clicking only the recipe that adds Dex +2.

Sorry to say that. You have to start over.

When doing a double shard GS, you need to fuse both imbued supreme shards into a double shard. Many people forget this step and try to use them one at a time on the weapon.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    but on the altar recipe choice you forgot to click on the option that would add Dex +2 AND Radiance, instead clicking only the recipe that adds Dex +2.

That's the problem. When I started crafting it, there were no clicks for crafting. You just put the ingredientes and crafted it, and you had to add the properties one by one. Like: dex+2 first, then radiance. Not all at the same time. Double shards didn't even exist. I needed only a focus of fire I think (not superior, just normal).
    Last edited by Rantifusa; 05-12-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rantifusa View Post
    When I started crafting it, there were no clicks for crafting. You just put the ingredientes and crafted it, and you had to add the properties one by one.
    Dual Shards have existed since Green Steel was added. It just took some time for people to discover the recipes. You have already added a Tier 3 shard to this item, so there is nothing more that you can do to it. The two Tier 3 shards should have been combined together, and then added to the item. And yes, you could do this before it was converted over to the barter box system.

If you get yourself a Yellow Dopent (which are quite rare) you will be able to reclaim a few of the items that went into the making of the item. Sadly, that is the only thing that you can really do to fix it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    Dual Shards have existed since Green Steel was added.
    There was nothing called "Dual Shards". And I had the recipe for the item, and followed it step by step. I only failed when creating the last ingredient, I created a focus of water when I needed a focus of fire (but I didn't apply it to the weapon of course). That was the only item I needed, and by combining it with the same rapier I have now and a supreme shard of power (not double), I would have the complete one. But I guess right now, there is nothing I can do
    Thanks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantifusa View Post
    There was nothing called "Dual Shards". And I had the recipe for the item, and followed it step by step. I only failed when creating the last ingredient, I created a focus of water when I needed a focus of fire (but I didn't apply it to the weapon of course). That was the only item I needed, and by combining it with the same rapier I have now and a supreme shard of power (not double), I would have the complete one. But I guess right now, there is nothing I can do
    Thanks for the answers.
    Dual shards Have indeed been around forever. MinII LitII VacII RadII etc are dual shards. As people have already pointed out, you made a mistake while crafting this rapier. Next time, make a pos shard, then make a fire shard, then combine those 2 shards into a Rad shard. It is crazy easy to do with the barter box system, you just need to be careful to pick the right option when combining the 2 shards.

Here is a chart of all the dual shard combo's:

EARTH + AIR = BOLAS II
    EARTH + FIRE = MAGMA II
    EARTH + WATER = OOZE II
    EARTH + POS = MIN II
    EARTH + NEG = DUST II
    AIR + FIRE = SMOKE II
    AIR + WATER = ICE II
    AIR + POS = LIT II
    AIR + NEG = VACUUM II
    FIRE + WATER = TEMPERED II
    FIRE + POS = RAD II