Community Member

Default Coming Enhancement Pass

For those in the know, how does the coming enhancement pass affect elf and half-elf characters that plan to become arcane archers?

Is the ranger arcane archer tree automatically available to elves and half-elves? Or, is it now necessary to have ranger levels in order to open the arcane archer tree?

You will be required to spend 22 points in the h/elf racial tree to unlock the Arcane Archer tree. So, it is MUCH harder to keep a primary class tree high (like fvs or monk) while also getting all the good stuff on the AA tree.

Currently on live, you can just add the pre-requisite feats, and you get all AA enhancements basically for free. This will change a lot. Specially if they keep linking universal spell power on caster trees to AP spent on tree.

My opinion? Enjoy your monkcher, bardcher, and helves angel while they last. They will go the same path as the batman builds.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    My opinion? Enjoy your monkcher, bardcher, and helves angel while they last. They will go the same path as the batman builds.
    Batman builds? Please explain...

And yes, so far the enhancement pass seems to be a <bleep>. I hope Turbine actually keeps their word this time and is taking the pass as an Alpha pass and not a foreshadowing of what is to come.

p.s. That or player definitions of Alpha and Beta testing our completely different than developer definitions.