Community Member

Default Should I bother leveling a character before enhancement revamp

Basically the title says it all, should I bother trying to level to level 20 before the enhancement "revamp."
    I don't want to make a character then have the enchantment changes occur before I am able to get to level 20 and then have a useless dead-weight character who would be a pain finish leveling with (especially because I solo more often than not)
    Thanks for any input

Would you rather have a useless low level character? I wouldn't hold off on leveling a wizard to 20 because worse case scenario you TR him and have a wizard past life and you can level up your new wizard or any other caster.

Best case you already have 20 wizard levels and get your free enhancement respec, and the anticipated free LR and would not have waited so long for a high level wizard.

I don't really see any point in not leveling up now over the concern it might not be as effective and some undetermined date in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

One might expect another free Lesser Reincarnation after the enhancement pass. I only say expect because it might be intended but broken.

I would have to say it depends. Going with Aashryms' wizard example:

If you're just making a pale master to check it out, no point in waiting. Level up & enjoy, see what it can do, then fiddle with it more after the enhancement changes.

If your planning some multiclass wiz/monk/fighter trick build; that I would hold off on as it involves many variables that going to be subject to change. Multiclass builds in particular are imo going to be the most effected by the new system because -as it stands now- it seems the standard 2/6/8/12 level combos will be shifting more towards divisions of 1 or 2 and some 5s. Though as I said its still a bit unclear.

Tl;dr: Keep the build simple and the pass shouldn't be too big of a deal. The more complex the build, the greater chance for post pass disappointment.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Basically the title says it all, should I bother trying to level to level 20 before the enhancement "revamp."
    I don't want to make a character then have the enchantment changes occur before I am able to get to level 20 and then have a useless dead-weight character who would be a pain finish leveling with (especially because I solo more often than not)
    Thanks for any input
    I totally get where you are coming from. It would suck to have a build in mind and have the enhancement change mess it up while you are still leveling. You can't even TR, you just have to finish.

As mentioned by others, I would not level something that is heavily dependent on particular enhancements while leveling.

Simple, pure builds should be ok, I would imagine. It might still be a pain to learn how to optimize things on the fly, but it should not gimp you so bad that it is a problem getting to 20.

You will have plenty of time to level and play any char before the enhacement pass comes to live i think.

(Or at least i hope, because it needs oh so much work still...)

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Thanks for any input
    Considering the enhancement revamp is still 3 or 4 years away from being completely finished and ready to be released, waiting would be just oh so silly.