Thread: Augment problem

Question Augment problem

I just got the newer nightforge gorget (lev 9) (has a yellow agu slot). I have agumented a few things with no problem. I got a topaz (yellow) of power+ 50 (min lev 8). Won't combine so got a topaz (yellow) of power +75 (min lev 12) and it wont combine. Advice on how to make this work or why it wont?

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spadeathome View Post
    I just got the newer nightforge gorget (lev 9) (has a yellow agu slot). I have agumented a few things with no problem. I got a topaz (yellow) of power+ 50 (min lev 8). Won't combine so got a topaz (yellow) of power +75 (min lev 12) and it wont combine. Advice on how to make this work or why it wont?

Thanks
    They aren't supposed to stack. It won't stack with power/magi items iither. It's the same with HP items. (Yes, rendering SP and HP augments near useless)
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

did you remember to unlock the item first before placing an augment in it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    They aren't supposed to stack. It won't stack with power/magi items iither. It's the same with HP items. (Yes, rendering SP and HP augments near useless)

I think the OP means that the augment crystals won't combine with the Nightforged Gorget.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    Good question. I haven't had any trouble with augments, or heard of a lot. Start with basics, I guess.

Community Member

The interface works like the Cannith crafting interface, so you'll have to unequip and unlock any items before they'll appear to Augment, IIRC.

Any augment should fit in any appropriate slot, though, regardless of ML or if the augment would be redundant...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    Ive never had to unlock an item. Ive unequiped it. I dont c anything that says its locked? how do u unlock an item??

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Do u mean they wont even combine with spell or hit point augments?

Community Member

Ive never had to unlock an item. Ive unequiped it. I dont c anything that says its locked? how do u unlock an item??
    Click on the item, so that's it's selected (in orb), then click on the lock/unlock icon at bottom right below current inventory tab.

The game generally tells you if an item needs to be unlocked, but if you were focused on something else, you could have missed it. Usually items need to be unlocked to do anything to them like craft, stone of change upgrade, or augment. And, as you already did, unequipped.

Quote Originally Posted by NotPsiandron View Post
    Click on the item, so that's it's selected (in orb), then click on the lock/unlock icon at bottom right below current inventory tab.

The game generally tells you if an item needs to be unlocked, but if you were focused on something else, you could have missed it. Usually items need to be unlocked to do anything to them like craft, stone of change upgrade, or augment. And, as you already did, unequipped.
    I didnt realize Taeb inventory locked. It wasn't locked. I just tried it on a lev 11 ring with a yellow slot. it is unequipped and unlock as well and cant combine the either.

Ok i got it to work. My fault. I didnt realize if i only had 1 option that i still had to highlight the it.

Sorry for the confusion

Thanks

Community Member

Thanks
    Double click the augment gem you want to use. A barter box opens up, drag the item you want to upgrade into the barter box. Make sure item is unlocked/unequiped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

I didnt realize Taeb inventory locked. It wasn't locked. I just tried it on a lev 11 ring with a yellow slot. it is unequipped and unlock as well and cant combine the either.
    Yeah, the lock feature is imo important as when I started I accidentally sold something to a broker that I really wanted and is what bought by someone else before I could buy it back. Lock keeps that from happening.

back to the point:
    If you
    • have the item and the augment unlocked,
    • the item is new augment system ready (Nightforged Gorget with augment slot certainly would have to be),
    • and you've unequipped the item and placed it in the interface box and selected the correct option,

then I honestly have no idea.

Community Member

Ok i got it to work. My fault. I didnt realize if i only had 1 option that i still had to highlight the it.

Sorry for the confusion

Thanks
    Cool, glad that you got it to work.