Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Where is everyone this week?

Man, its tough getting people into pugs at the moment! There seems to be no one pugging at mid levels on Thelanis. My guildie who is a few levels ahead has had exactly the same problem this week

I am seeing plenty of lfms, but lots of them are empty

Three things are happening to my knowledge that is affecting the current online player count, especially at mid-levels.

First, the stones of experience are affecting anything between the levels of 8-18 or so. Give it a month and most of these will be used up.....I think. Secondly, many players are playing neverwinter since it is the latest at greatest. Do not fret about this though, within a couple months, Most of the players that are playing it will return. Lastly, I do believe that with the recent (within the last year) changes that have taken place overall within the game, we have simply lost ALOT of players. Most of these players will not return but a few will trikle back into the game as time progresses. I'm hopeing the summer expansion brings a lot of players back and gives us a jilt of newblood. Only time will tell though.

Oh, and I want my original account back, turbine fix these forums please!

Community Member

I left for Neverwinter for a total of 2 days. Back now.

Community Member

I noticed that were many lfm up, but didn't realize the lack of pugs.
    I agree with Skyblood.

I also believe that most people are too shy or afraid to interact with other players. They totally should get a couple of drinks before playing. It would make the LFM more crowed. Lol \o/

Community Member

Its mothers day weekend. Traditionally one of the major "Lets go outside and do stuff with other people" holidays. I'll be checking out for most of the rest of the day in about an hour and a half.

Community Member

Default Today?!?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otsegolation View Post
    Its mothers day weekend.

Aww Thank you for the reminder, I totally forgot about that.

Dang it. Oh man. I sure hope nobody is expecting a gift when they wake up, and I sure don't want to be gone when she does wake up or she will know I forgot.

I cannot believe I forgot Mother's day this year. Lol, this sucks.

Ebay here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Aww Thank you for the reminder, I totally forgot about that.

Dang it. Oh man. I sure hope nobody is expecting a gift when they wake up, and I sure don't want to be gone when she does wake up or she will know I forgot.

I cannot believe I forgot Mother's day this year. Lol, this sucks.

Ebay here I come!
    Go to the grocery store, buy one rose, make a quick breakfast for her (assuming that you can do that without it being taken as a threat on her life),

serve the breakfast with the rose and lots of love (bleck! thwat tooie) and

you're off the hook cheap and only slightly degraded.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NotPsiandron View Post
    Go to the grocery store, buy one rose, make a quick breakfast for her (assuming that you can do that without it being taken as a threat on her life),

serve the breakfast with the rose and lots of love (bleck! thwat tooie) and

you're off the hook cheap and only slightly degraded.
    Good idea, but too obvious. The only time I ever cook or buy roses is when I screw up, I am hoping that I can squeak by without that. We just had a baby 19 weeks ago, so I have to really work this one.

Since I have been being asked for about 5 weeks to change her oil and wash her car, I just pulled it in the garage, got it up on jackstands, oil is draining, full tune up on the way, my brother is heading to NAPA for parts right now for me so I don't have to leave.

Grabbed her wedding ring, I am going to buff it with the car buffer till it blinds me, and put one of the Easter Lily's she loves so much in it and give it to her at diner tonight.

I am not sure which is worse here, owing my brother this big, or just admitting I forgot.

Edit: Don't ever try to use a car buffer on a diamond ring. Especially one that is not cleaned of old wax first.

Use a Dremel with a polish pad.

In fact, just don't ever forget your wife's first Mother's day as a mother to avoid failed brainstorms like this.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-12-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: oops.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Good idea, but too obvious. The only time I ever cook or buy roses is when I screw up, I am hoping that I can squeak by without that. We just had a baby 19 weeks ago, so I have to really work this one.

Since I have been being asked for about 5 weeks to change her oil and wash her car, I just pulled it in the garage, got it up on jackstands, oil is draining, full tune up on the way, my brother is heading to NAPA for parts right now for me so I don't have to leave.

Grabbed her wedding ring, I am going to buff it with the car buffer till it blinds me, and put one of the Easter Lily's she loves so much in it and give it to her at diner tonight.

I am not sure which is worse here, owing my brother this big, or just admitting I forgot.

Edit: Don't ever try to use a car buffer on a diamond ring. Especially one that is not cleaned of old wax first.

Use a Dremel with a polish pad.

In fact, just don't ever forget your wife's first Mother's day as a mother to avoid failed brainstorms like this.

Firstly, kudos on the kid.

Second, You owe your brother for going to Napa? That's like owing him because you gave him something to eat! W T F (seriously, an abbreviation gets *ed out)

Most importantly, thanks for the great visual image of a car buffer assualting a diamond ring. The later edit just made it funnier. TY

Hope all goes well.

#1- Finals are coming
    #2- Mothers Day
    #3- Neverwinter tryouts
    #4- Vacations
    #5- various other Real Life concerns.

This happens every year around this time and every time a new game is released. D3, SWtOR, etc. People get bored with the same thing all of the time and do other things. It's not like this is the only thing people have to do. Game population ebbs and flows. It's never constant.

Oh and DOOOOOOOOOM

Community Member

Default Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NotPsiandron View Post
    Firstly, kudos on the kid.

Second, You owe your brother for going to Napa? That's like owing him because you gave him something to eat! W T F (seriously, an abbreviation gets *ed out)

Most importantly, thanks for the great visual image of a car buffer assualting a diamond ring. The later edit just made it funnier. TY

Hope all goes well.
    Well, to put the buffer in context, imagine a polishing buffer clamped upside down in a bench vise, and some dude in his long johns stabbing the buffer repeatedly with the ring.... that would be me and my bright idea's again.

Well, all would have gone well if I hadn't gotten wax from the buffing pad all up in the cracks and crannies of the ring. $175.00 at Jcpenny's to get my wax cleaned out of it, and to buy a pair of earrings with green rocks in them.

And yes, before you ask, I was busted. I have a brother with a big mouth, now he owes me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    #1- Finals are coming
    #2- Mothers Day
    #3- Neverwinter tryouts
    #4- Vacations

This happens every year around this time and every time a new game is released. D3, SWtOR, etc. People get bored with the same thing all of the time and do other things. It's not like this is the only thing people have to do. Game population ebbs and flows. It's never constant.

Oh and DOOOOOOOOOM
    Doom maybe not but possibly a whimper.

Community Member

#1- Finals are coming
    #2- Mothers Day
    #3- Neverwinter tryouts
    #4- Vacations

Oh and DOOOOOOOOOM
    I was here for the release of those games and I've never seen it this dead. Never.

I don't think it's doom, but it would be great if more people were on. Most of the LFMs I see have exactly one person.

We have some people in the guild playing NWO and I am not so sure they will return. Some of the other people in the guild that play frequently haven't logged on recently and I am not sure if they are playing NWO or just not logging in. Even if I have been playing DDO less to play NWO. And my friends are not getting sick of it - not even close.

All I can do is hope for the best for DDO and NWO. I like the idea of having two healthy D&D MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewSlarden View Post
    I was here for the release of those games and I've never seen it this dead. Never.

I don't think it's doom, but it would be great if more people were on. Most of the LFMs I see have exactly one person.

We have some people in the guild playing NWO and I am not so sure they will return. Some of the other people in the guild that play frequently haven't logged on recently and I am not sure if they are playing NWO or just not logging in. Even if I have been playing DDO less to play NWO. And my friends are not getting sick of it - not even close.

All I can do is hope for the best for DDO and NWO. I like the idea of having two healthy D&D MMOs.
    You actually look at NWO as a DnD game? I look at it more as a hack n slash with no character development worth note. Everyone will end up with the same fighter, wizard, healer, etc. and that bites. The player creativity is so that the devs dont have to have any. Even with as much as we complain about the creativity in DDO, It's better than anything else. (look at me countering my own comment about not expecting people to be singularly focused on DDO).

I play tested and beta tested on NWO. I wouldn't spend some one else's money on it let alone my own. It's end of school. lots of people will be gone. same thing every year for the last 5 years. I started in October (mabar fest) in '07. Im telling you it happens every year.

I tried never but between the handling and the god awful group ui they created I uninstalled er. However since arg and even ky seemed to be dead at epic levels. Doesn't help my guild is pretty much all but dead now to. (Plus the everfun you ran this a bunch of times, **** xp fo you!) I went in search of other freeps.

Tried a few crappy games, but that massive download of tera actually seems to be paying off. I get to look at this hot chick dressed like a stripper and blow stuff up lol. So until the numbers pick back up that and gw2 has me.

It kind of sucks because I consider ddo to be a sort of group game. And really, their are very very to few of those around sub or f2p wise. (And having to grind out 30 or so levels to get to some group stuff isn't a group mmo to me.)

Community Member

You actually look at NWO as a DnD game? I look at it more as a hack n slash with no character development worth note. Everyone will end up with the same fighter, wizard, healer, etc. and that bites. The player creativity is so that the devs dont have to have any. Even with as much as we complain about the creativity in DDO, It's better than anything else. (look at me countering my own comment about not expecting people to be singularly focused on DDO).

I play tested and beta tested on NWO. I wouldn't spend some one else's money on it let alone my own. It's end of school. lots of people will be gone. same thing every year for the last 5 years. I started in October (mabar fest) in '07. Im telling you it happens every year.
    Having played D&D since the release of the first hard-bound books ever offered, it actually reminds me a lot of old school D&D. We rolled up our characters and picked our classes. There wasn't much to rolling up a character at all- the main thing was figuring out your stats. We were given our starting gear by our DM or in some cases rolled for it. We used whatever good weapon happen to drop for us. We crawled through dungeons created by our friends.

As for hack and slash - that is what both games are. What do you call it when people farm Jungle of Khyber or Wizard King - deep thinking?

So yeah in many ways NWO feels more like D&D to me than DDO.

I think where DDO wins is with the power gamer and detailed individual that likes customizing. Where NWO wins is with casual gamers that don't play as much and prefer to focus on content. Some of the planned DDO enhancements like the pre-packaged classes will make it easier for new players, but likely only if they by the expansion first.

In reality neither game has the flavor of pnp D&D which is a social game played mainly with friends. Even though on-line friendships are involved in NWO and DDO it isn't the same to me. Online games are designed to encourage people to grind and buy things from the online store.

Even though I can list things about DDO I like better - and a lot of them - I have just as much fun playing NWO. And I love the guild system there which is strictly social with no pressures on the members and no decay. It's nice to be able to just play the game and not worry about the "work" aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewSlarden View Post
    What do you call it when people farm Jungle of Khyber or Wizard King - deep thinking?
    I really did lol at this. Thanks always nice to have a laugh and a smile when waking up. =D

I finally logged into DDO yesterday after 8 days playing NWO. Only because the guild leader called me on the phone to fix ship buffs. 20 mins later was back to NWO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    I finally logged into DDO yesterday after 8 days playing NWO. Only because the guild leader called me on the phone to fix ship buffs. 20 mins later was back to NWO.
    Did your really like it??
    I also tried NWO and I still prefers DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by retbarrier View Post
    Did your really like it??
    I also tried NWO and I still prefers DDO.
    I will play it through. DDO after 5 years is just broke for me, and these forums are just terrible. Summer is almost here, so I'll be dumping my sub and going premium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast