Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Unhappy The forums have become a desert

Once teeming with life and activity, I barely see these forums budge when scanning them daily.

Thoughts:

Forum migration and old threads lost/not easily accessible
    Hard to read
    People locked out of their accounts, myself included
    Enhancement alpha teeming with mind-boggling dev decisions and broken promises
    Lammania downtime
    Puzzling choices like the no-TR policy on Iconic Heroes

This isn't a doom thread (or isn't intended to be), I just wish that the forums would liven up a little, even if not returned to its former glory.
    The absurd forum change has forced 'SealedInSong' to become 'TuskCouncil' temporarily.

Thanks for shaking up the forums until they're unreadable and unusable instead of fixing all the bugs and releasing a coherent enhancement alpha!

Default i would prefer not to reply to prove your point but.......

Last response to the majority of concerns was 3rd May. I was hoping for a positive response from the team but the y area ll off playing Neverwinter.!

(4 failed attempts to post from moile device)
    "i have of late, though wherefore i know not, lost all my mirth"

Mennion - Tallib - Hannse - Pathfinder Society on Cannith

Community Member

I had been avoiding forums, especially since I cant figure out how to log into my old account. But I'm bored today and avoiding work, so set up a new account.

y they seem different.... hoping they'll return to the former activity!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TuskCouncil View Post
    Once teeming with life and activity, I barely see these forums budge when scanning them daily.

Thoughts:

Hard to read
    Lammania downtime

This isn't a doom thread (or isn't intended to be), I just wish that the forums would liven up a little, even if not returned to its former glory.
    Well the New and Improved Forum :
    - don't keep us logged in.
    - is hard to read
    - has a broken search tool
    - doesn't have any dev tracker
    - doesn't have any service tracker
    - is unable to get you back to the page you were browsing when you became logged out.

All that makes it just a real PITA to come here now.... As such people are turning towards alternate forums.
    If they wanted to make those alternate forums more obvious they have managed it.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I agree. The forums are a wasteland now compared to before the "upgrade". I can't even access them from my phone anymore. Navigation is sloppy compared to the previous version and I have issues reading the chosen font, which has the bottom cut off, making it even harder to read.

Turbine, adding new things that require new fixes and creating more work for themselves. You guys have enough random and accidental issues that need to be fixed without adding intentionally horrible "upgrades" as well. If I didn't know better, I'd say that someone high up in the company is actually trying to kill this game. This sort of mess can't possibly be accidental when it happens as often as it does for Turbine.

I think I mentioned it before, but perhaps hire a person that has no job other than to slap people for bad decisions. Everything goes through this one person.

Want to sell ribbons for TP (which doesn't go to the charity) instead of giving them out for free? That's a face slap.
    Upgrade forums to a pile of junk? That's a face slap.
    Preview astral shard costs, then multiply by 10? That's a face slap.
    Want to "nerf" Abbot raid loot with no explanation why it's necessary? That's a face slap.

Really, the only purpose for this one employee is as a common sense checkpoint before you do some of these ridiculous things. Many companies don't need a person to do this, but you really do. This one theoretical employee would reduce forum rage by 97% and increase PR by 74%. You may not even have to pay them as the slapping might be payment enough. Win/win.
    Last edited by redspecter23-A; 05-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    - is hard to read
    - is unable to get you back to the page you were browsing when you became logged out.

All that makes it just a real PITA to come here now.... As such people are turning towards alternate forums.
    If they wanted to make those alternate forums more obvious they have managed it.
    This about sums it up for me. These new forums are unwieldy and about as UN-user friendly as they could be now.
    Previously I would be logged onto the forums for the most part of most days, just to surf threads. The constant re-logging and re-logging and re-logging has sucked out all of the fun and interest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    This about sums it up for me. These new forums are unwieldy and about as UN-user friendly as they could be now.
    Previously I would be logged onto the forums for the most part of most days, just to surf threads. The constant re-logging and re-logging and re-logging has sucked out all of the fun and interest for me.
    Exacerbated by the fact it is about 3 clicks to get back to the "new posts" after logging in.

Anyways, I would love to hear the reason why a remember me function cannot be implemented. If *I* want to take the risk to have my login information stored in a cookie (or whatever the risk is exactly, was never explained), that is my business.

Actually, I think the person who made the decision to go with that should be made to post on the forums and hear the feedback, surely all of which will be negative. Having the community reps act as a buffer makes it too easy to make bad decisions methinks.

Community Member

Thoughts:

Hard to read
    Lammania downtime

You know what makes me nuts? The "reply" function. Am I the only one getting black text on dark gray when I try to reply? Makes it pretty much unreadable to me., I just hope I type everything correctly :S

And of course Crome still won't work with the new ddoforums because it complains that the site is sending double headers, which usually only happens on fraudulent sites (not sure how I explain to crome it isn't fraudulent, just really really badly designed)

And then there are the broken links because apparently Turbine doesn't understand how to issue a Permanent redirect when a page 404s on them (seriously, its like 6 lines of code)

I'm one of the more addicted forum posters and I think they are weaning me off my habit lol
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Thoughts:

Hard to read
    Lammania downtime

I would post a whole lot more if I didn't keep getting logged out every 2 seconds.....

hint, hint, btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

A lot of people taking time away from both the game and forums just now, the above cited reasons prompting the 'temporary' exodus from what I understand.

Dev tracker absence isn't really much of a deal, as the devs are just not posting. Makes me wonder a bit if a lot of staff didn't get sacked. With non-disclosure agreements, no real way for us to know until some kind of announcement or introduction of new staffers.

@Lorien
    Have you checked out this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ylebot-Changes?

Makes the new forums at least visually palatable if not fully functional.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23-A View Post
    Want to "nerf" Abbot raid loot with no explanation why it's necessary? That's a face slap.
    Yeah hate the new foru.... wait what about Abbot loot?

The login timeout is the worst part of the big bucket of stupid that is these new forums.

I feel really bad for any new players looking for information on this game as these truly are terrible.

Thank GAWD! It had become valley of the trolls.

Community Member

I can deal with most of the changes, but am disappointed that the search function has become so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    Now it has become the Desert of Desolation.
    Enjoy your silent solitary, but hey at least its safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The login timeout is the worst part of the big bucket of stupid that is these new forums.

I feel really bad for any new players looking for information on this game as these truly are terrible.
    Loging in each time you want to give a quick answer is annoying and has already made me not-write several posts with quick,small help answers/comments.

+

As this forum here has now become annoying to post in... [Epic Failure is a phrase too small to describe this effect on users when designing a new forum] and so i use it less and less.

Its almost as if the passive agressively wanted me to do something else!

And guess what? Its working.

Cured the disease by killing the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    - is hard to read
    - is unable to get you back to the page you were browsing when you became logged out...
    I guess you can also add:
    - majority of player forum accounts didn't merge over
    - some players still have login issues
    - a lot links are still broken, even new ones (e.g. charactercopy link)
    - forum server sometimes seem to have hickups and send double headers and other funny stuff so that browsers refuse to load the page

and probably more, but I guess if I am not stop here I get logged out before I can submit...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

You like your cave private Grumpum?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast