Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    Thank GAWD! It had become valley of the trolls.
    Yep. now I can post my opinions with no fear of anyone contradicting me.

(or reading them for that matter)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Yep. now I can post my opinions with no fear of anyone contradicting me.

(or reading them for that matter)
    You can post your opinions without being told your opinions are the wrong ones you mean?

Well, I digress, I read your post, so your opinion that nobody is reading them is just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23-A View Post
    Want to sell ribbons for TP (which doesn't go to the charity) instead of giving them out for free? That's a face slap.
    Actually with the coupon code they are free.

The forum "Upgrade" has really sucked the life out of the community. Add that to the fact that there has been no Dev activity and the Lamland U18 release notes are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, things are looking pretty sad right now.

I'm hoping for some big announcement in the coming weeks about the current state of things and what is being done to remedy things.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxyzed View Post
    Actually with the coupon code they are free.

The forum "Upgrade" has really sucked the life out of the community. Add that to the fact that there has been no Dev activity and the Lamland U18 release notes are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, things are looking pretty sad right now.

I'm hoping for some big announcement in the coming weeks about the current state of things and what is being done to remedy things.
    Yeah, with the code they're free and without it they are 100 TP. It's been mentioned a thousand times already but it was sloppy implementation. The fact that it is so sloppy is what I'd have the issue with. So many other ways to make it much cleaner for them to be free if they had put even 5 minutes of thought into it.

Release notes seem to be something that gets thrown together last minute if they are mentioned at all anymore. There is a massive disconnect in the company if they don't even have a record of what's actually in the current update. To be fair, a quick list was put together noting some of the changes, but it was after the fact and was lacking some detail.

If you're hoping for any big announcement about the state of things, I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you. I'd love to be proven wrong, but communication is not one of Turbine's strong points. If anything, it's their weakest area and the first place they should be looking for overall gameplay improvement. It doesn't even require any coding at all. Just some printed words on a screen and communication within the company.

Community Member

i can only assume this was done on purpose...and perhaps they relented and decided to allow those who really really want their old names and info connected to be allowed...eventually.

Maybe they wanted less on the forums and it was wasting their resources policing it?
    who knows.

No one I have ever worked with or for would just ignore migrating user accounts in forums. The whole problem with migrating from one version to another or whatever is keeping accounts the same.

So like I said...this has to be on purpose....
    or they hired someone horrible to do it and they messed it up...and now they have to fix it.

As a programmer I gotta say...'sorry, it would too easy to associate them all again...very easy"

perhaps they wanted to clear out all the extra people that no longer play or one timers?
    or they thought it would be easier to do it one by one and thus not have to do all millions?

either way, I am still waiting for the stupid store to open again...been trying to buy otto box all weekend, but cannot....pure BS.
    no like new forums and lost information....boo

I don't even know why I bother looking on here. Probably because I want to see any news the developers give us.

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    I don't even know why I bother looking on here. Probably because I want to see any news the developers give us.
    Sure you aren't looking just for a good laugh for expecting the expected lack of the expected post from the devs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I guess you can also add:
    - majority of player forum accounts didn't merge over
    - some players still have login issues
    - a lot links are still broken, even new ones (e.g. charactercopy link)
    - forum server sometimes seem to have hickups and send double headers and other funny stuff so that browsers refuse to load the page

and probably more, but I guess if I am not stop here I get logged out before I can submit...
    Yeah, I didn't want to be logged out either, that's why I kept the list ( relatively ) short with the biggest problems. ( from my point of view. )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by TuskCouncil View Post
    Once teeming with life and activity, I barely see these forums budge when scanning them daily.

Thoughts:

Forum migration and old threads lost/not easily accessible
    Hard to read
    People locked out of their accounts, myself included
    Enhancement alpha teeming with mind-boggling dev decisions and broken promises
    Lammania downtime
    Puzzling choices like the no-TR policy on Iconic Heroes

This isn't a doom thread (or isn't intended to be), I just wish that the forums would liven up a little, even if not returned to its former glory.
    lol you scan this thing daily? lol after they drugged the forum, then had their way with it for a week and left it in that motel room with a needle in it;s arm I don't think I even logged in for a couple weeks.

Even now I just logged on to see if any updates happened because it's quicker then loading up the game only to find a lackluster group of 1 man quest boxes.

From the looks of the other threads that I can actually remember being on page 1 from a week or so back, i'd say the login thing hasn't been restored nor has anything newish happened though.

Community Member

RAWRAWR I'm a giant worm. RAWRAWR I eat all of you. RAWRAWR and **** spice all over the forum.

Community Member

You rang?

Just passing through.
    I have given up on the forums until they become improved again and I get my account back
    Sad, for they were a regular great read; now they are just hard work, so not worth it.

The forum layout is painful to read. Even with applied CSS themes. No offense. The CSS themes make it bearable. But, it's still almost intolerable.

AND, the primary reason - there's no easily accessible information about the game anymore. No Dev Tracker to find out what the game makers are actually saying and doing.

So, what's the point?

Community Member

Default Best nonsequitor

Quote Originally Posted by akkorissirocco View Post
    RAWRAWR I'm a giant worm. RAWRAWR I eat all of you. RAWRAWR and **** spice all over the forum.
    Of the week
    The absurd forum change has forced 'SealedInSong' to become 'TuskCouncil' temporarily.

Thanks for shaking up the forums until they're unreadable and unusable instead of fixing all the bugs and releasing a coherent enhancement alpha!

Community Member

I suspect most everyone but the trolls left; since there are no topics of value left to devolve into who's mastered the first five minutes of a high school logic class, they're all just hiding out in the dark crevices.

That's just a guess though. Between the grayscale and all the eyebleeding I can't actually tell who's still posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Effewe View Post
    I suspect most everyone but the trolls left; since there are no topics of value left to devolve into who's mastered the first five minutes of a high school logic class, they're all just hiding out in the dark crevices.

That's just a guess though. Between the grayscale and all the eyebleeding I can't actually tell who's still posting.
    Someone needs to pull out the "Trolls there are Trolls in the dungeon" audiofile somehow and link it for times like this.

Community Member ~NewForumNameGoesHere's Avatar

Nah, the trolls are still here.
    We've just gone back to Argo server forums for the moment.

Araphina - Ranger11/Monk6/Arti3(life 2/25) Arathaes - Monk 20(life 3/12)
    Arasin - Cleric17/Monk2/Wiz1(life 2/15) Aravein - Wizard12/Fighter6/Monk2(life2)
    "Dual wielding small animals is strictly forbidden." Fors Fortis @ Argo
    Original join date 2009 "TheLegendofAra"

Community Member

Yes, forums a wasteland.

NOT good for the game. With the forums, posts are much like news for celebrities...there is no such thing as bad news for celebrities, and there is no such thing as bad posts...whether complaining or complementing, the forums encourage participation and enhance the overall game experience. NOT having a forum in today's world is just bad for business.

Turbine, please F I X the forums.
    Thumbed Servant (to 3 cats)

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default DDO Web Traffic is down drastically

I wonder if any of the Turbine Managers discuss how they took their old traffic and dropped it by a factor of four or so.

Meaning, Turbine probably had 80,000 visits per day and now they probably have 20,000 visits per day.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Quote Originally Posted by TuskCouncil View Post
    Once teeming with life and activity, I barely see these forums budge when scanning them daily.

Thoughts:

Forum migration and old threads lost/not easily accessible
    Hard to read
    People locked out of their accounts, myself included
    Enhancement alpha teeming with mind-boggling dev decisions and broken promises
    Lammania downtime
    Puzzling choices like the no-TR policy on Iconic Heroes

This isn't a doom thread (or isn't intended to be), I just wish that the forums would liven up a little, even if not returned to its former glory.
    The log-out timer being so low, the splash screen not returning you to the forum home when you do log in and the general slower-usability of them makes me less interested in participating.

It's somewhat harsh, as with level 28 and a new expansion on the way, I'm only passing interested in leveling TRs and in collecting tokens to TR other folks. That's about it for playing too.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast