Community Member

Default EE Solo's - Pure Cleric

Seems clerics are under-represented here so I thought I'd share achievements done on my pure wisdom-based cleric. All quests are completed with no hireling, no re-entry and no more than 2-3 mana pots.

Eberron Quests
    EE Lords of Dust
    This was my first attempt at EE. Done using EA, biggest challenge was Gnomon with his self healing and cometfalls. Required a few pots at the end to finish off Karas.

EE Bargin of Blood
    My 2nd EE completion, again using EA. End-boss wasn't difficult, just took forever.

EE Black Loch
    Done using Fury of the Wild. Turned out to be quite easy.. to the tune of only needing to use 1 shrine.

Forgotten Realms Quests
    EE Impossible Demands
    Not much of an achievement, done easily and quickly by killing the priestess under the stairs. Can be done using any ED really.

Unquiet Graves
    Fairly easy. Done using EA. It is a lot of fun to use Ascendance to rip undead to shreds in seconds.

EE The Lost Thread
    Most difficult part is the library. The trap/puzzle room was tricky and resulted in a death, but shrine was close enough. Done using FoTW.

EE Battle for Evening Star
    Overall fairly challenging. No cheap perching tricks used, just careful aggro and damage management. Undead Drow Necros and other undead trash are CR31-34, Turn Undead and implosion worked well here. Drow warriors have are vulnerable to cometfall. Used FoTW.

EE House of Rusted Blades
    I don't have a pic for this. But do I really need to?

EE Outbreak
    This was fairly challenging due to the pure spike in damage and the red names hitting very hard. If you fight the red named wizard second, he gains very strong regeneration when below 50% health, making him very difficult to kill. Done using FoTW.

Gianthold Quests
    Trial By Fury
    Everyone solo's this so I figured I do my part. Not difficult, though I died halfway through from getting stuck - didn't feel like starting over so used a free res-cake that's been sitting in my inventory. Can otherwise easily do it without any deaths.

Apparently my account name changed, now I can't edit my own post. Here are some more EE solo completions:

Beyond The Rift

Most challenging part dealing with the giant pack of (10+?) spiders with their high saves and evasion made them. The other difficult part was dealing with 4-5 Earth Elementals at once. The end boss was surprisingly easy, no pots needed.

House of Death Undone

This one turned out to be a lot easier than expected. I was surprised to find Turn Undead actually working really well here: most the undead trash were CR 31-34.

House of Broken Chain

This one was a bit more difficult due to having to deal groups of drows and later, pack of spiders. The end fight was made easy by pulling the boss out of the room.

Portal Opens

End fight in this one was tricky. The fight with the pack of drow melees with 2 acolytes(?) and a necromancer was tricky. An ill-timed cometfall+dance forced me to redo the quest once. Took ~80 minutes to complete.

Don't Drink the Water

Shiradi used for this primarily for the end fight. Whole quest was easy until the end fight, which took forever. It looks like they nerfed Shiradi somewhat, there are no more permadots. Took a total of 117 minutes.

Reclaiming the Rift

Similar to Don't Drink the water, quest wasn't difficult until the end fight(s). The bebelith in particular was a major pain and took forever whittle down. Again, used Shiradi. Thanks to two red names with giant heaps of HP, this one took an insane 155 minutes.
    Last edited by guardianx2009; 07-21-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Community Member

Wow, nice job man! Looking at your stats they dont seem uber at all (saves, AC etc) so it juts goes to show you dont need an uber toon to solo EE!

Nice job! Gives me hope on some of my alts

May I ask how long these took roughly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie_2010 View Post
    Wow, nice job man! Looking at your stats they dont seem uber at all (saves, AC etc) so it juts goes to show you dont need an uber toon to solo EE!

Nice job! Gives me hope on some of my alts

May I ask how long these took roughly?
    It's about knowing what feat/stats/effects/twists are relevant and what aren't. In other words, don't invest into something has yields little difference other than to fill your stat sheet. For example, saves have to be in the mid 50s to 60s to matter, since I couldn't reach it I dropped Resistance+7 for PRR+14 instead. AC, you'd have to reach very high levels to even make any difference.

The longest quest, Battle for Eveningstar took a little over 90 minutes. Beyond the Rift took about an hour I think. On average I would say quests take around 30-45 minutes to complete.

Updated post with 2 more completions (House of Broken Chains, Portal Opens).

Community Member

Nice solos. I'd love to know your build if you could please link/post/pm it, would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Nice solos. I'd love to know your build if you could please link/post/pm it, would be awesome.
    Here you go.

Enjoy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Here you go.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot.

Updated with two more completions:
    Reclaiming the Rift and Don't Drink the water.

Community Member

Actually from word of mouth id say the main reason divine players dont talk about soloing EE is to try to avoid getting nerfed any more then they already have to worry over. First rule of fight club and all that. Clerics are kings of self sufficient play styles because they are never truly without the ultimate support, that of their divine masters.