Community Member

Default Cyclonic Blast grumble.

So Cyclonic Blast is really really irritating in current implementation. Aside from it's borderline effect in terms of damage and trip due to it's line it has much bigger issues. Alternately the spells it effects have serious issues.
    Spells affected:

Wall of Fire: Why do you hate this spell Turbine? Seriously, why? It is extinguished by Cyclonic Blast, Gust of Wind, Ice Storm..entirely to much. To make matters worse Gust of wind is 2nd lvl with the ability to extinguish a 4th lvl huge wall of magical fire..really? Ice Storm not only extinguishes it but renders the area unable to be fire walled. This doesn't even touch the whole fire at high lvls obsolescence.

And to those that think a puff of wind or an ice storm should do as it does for "logical" reasons..NO, have a bonfire, go see a burning building, go outside..it's not how it works. Nevermind that it's magic and you are giving equal and lower lvl spells serious trump cards that they should not have. Well, enough about fire wall.

Ice Storm: All the same as Wall of Fire except of course wall of fire does nothing to it..because its such a giant ice storm? So giant in fact that a little puff of wind does not move it but extinguishes it entirely...Ridiculous. Even so Cyclonic Blast, note Gust of Wind is still BS for this, is higher lvl and this might, maybe, be moderately ok. Sadly there is more..

Otto's Sphere of Dancing: It isn't a disco ball in fact folks, it is a magical zone in which people dance..clearly wind should remove that...absurd.

Earthquake: IT IS AN EARTHQUAKE. Aside from the fact that wind should very reasonably have no effect on it it is also a much higher lvl spell. Silly. Just plain silly.

Acid Rain and all Clouds: Yes, Gust of Wind should move these, Cyclonic Blast should extinguish them. That's about it. More spells though...

Blade Barrier: Hmm, all the spells Turbine allows Cyclonic Blast to extinguish but they leave Blade Barrier alone? How come? It is more resistant physically than an Earthquake maybe? Not likely. It isn't a zone of effect like Otto's Dance? Wrong again. It almost certainly has to do with player outrage. So let's get these other persistent spells fixed to shall we.

Less griefing more cooperation and all that.

I wonder if it has anything to do with wasted SP and pots...hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled175 View Post
    So Cyclonic Blast is really really irritating in current implementation. Aside from it's borderline effect in terms of damage and trip due to it's line it has much bigger issues. Alternately the spells it effects have serious issues.
    Spells affected:

Wall of Fire: Why do you hate this spell Turbine? Seriously, why? It is extinguished by Cyclonic Blast, Gust of Wind, Ice Storm..entirely to much. To make matters worse Gust of wind is 2nd lvl with the ability to extinguish a 4th lvl huge wall of magical fire..really? Ice Storm not only extinguishes it but renders the area unable to be fire walled. This doesn't even touch the whole fire at high lvls obsolescence.

And to those that think a puff of wind or an ice storm should do as it does for "logical" reasons..NO, have a bonfire, go see a burning building, go outside..it's not how it works. Nevermind that it's magic and you are giving equal and lower lvl spells serious trump cards that they should not have. Well, enough about fire wall.

Ice Storm: All the same as Wall of Fire except of course wall of fire does nothing to it..because its such a giant ice storm? So giant in fact that a little puff of wind does not move it but extinguishes it entirely...Ridiculous. Even so Cyclonic Blast, note Gust of Wind is still BS for this, is higher lvl and this might, maybe, be moderately ok. Sadly there is more..

Otto's Sphere of Dancing: It isn't a disco ball in fact folks, it is a magical zone in which people dance..clearly wind should remove that...absurd.

Earthquake: IT IS AN EARTHQUAKE. Aside from the fact that wind should very reasonably have no effect on it it is also a much higher lvl spell. Silly. Just plain silly.

Acid Rain and all Clouds: Yes, Gust of Wind should move these, Cyclonic Blast should extinguish them. That's about it. More spells though...

Blade Barrier: Hmm, all the spells Turbine allows Cyclonic Blast to extinguish but they leave Blade Barrier alone? How come? It is more resistant physically than an Earthquake maybe? Not likely. It isn't a zone of effect like Otto's Dance? Wrong again. It almost certainly has to do with player outrage. So let's get these other persistent spells fixed to shall we.

Less griefing more cooperation and all that.

I wonder if it has anything to do with wasted SP and pots...hmmm.
    I play a palemaster lich that gets poisoned and diseased. You'll get no logical sympathy for me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    I play a palemaster lich that gets poisoned and diseased. You'll get no logical sympathy for me.
    Seems like you also should argue for more logic. I would back you on that issue absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    Okay, that made me laugh. Thanks for that.

I'm having a hard time with the OP's complaint. First off, it works both ways. My gust of wind also blows away these things.

Secondly, there's far more stuff that's far worse.

You know it works both ways, right? Mobs putting up a disco? Blast it. Mobs putting up a firewall? Drop an ice storm. Of all the screwy things in this game, this is what has you agitated?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...