Default Shadow King quest end boss -- still killable without the light room?

We used to always just beat him down at his sarcophagus, even on elite. Today a friend said he was getting 0 +0 +0 for damage. Tried endless night wraps, holy, good, flame, but all got the same.

Anyone else see anything like this? Don't want to waste my time trying to solo it if the boss was changed.

thanks.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    We used to always just beat him down at his sarcophagus, even on elite. Today a friend said he was getting 0 +0 +0 for damage. Tried endless night wraps, holy, good, flame, but all got the same.

Anyone else see anything like this? Don't want to waste my time trying to solo it if the boss was changed.

thanks.
    He was killable in the room where he spawns as of a couple of weeks ago.

I had the same problem at one time, though. He spawned and I couldn't damage him at all. I was hitting with appropriate weapons, but just doing zero damage on each hit. That was the only time that happened, so I assume it is a sporadic bug.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    He was killable in the room where he spawns as of a couple of weeks ago.

I had the same problem at one time, though. He spawned and I couldn't damage him at all. I was hitting with appropriate weapons, but just doing zero damage on each hit. That was the only time that happened, so I assume it is a sporadic bug.
    I actually think it's the opposite, and being able to kill him in spawn room is the sporadic bug. Two weeks ago, I couldn't damage him with appropriate weapons. Two days ago, I killed him quick with light spells. So yes, it's still doable. Not sure how it works, or why it works.

If he is attacked before fully spawned, sometimes he bugs and can't be killed. Was he moving/attacking back?

Anyway next time give him a couple seconds to come out of the Sarcophagus.

I ran 2 runs back to back earlier in the week. On the first, I dropped the mummy where he stood, after coming out of the tomb. On run 2 I had to run him to the light room as he became immune to all damage almost immediately. On a side note, soloing that light room isn't very fun at all. I'm not sure what I did different other than difficulty. The first run was elite and the followup run was on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I actually think it's the opposite, and being able to kill him in spawn room is the sporadic bug. Two weeks ago, I couldn't damage him with appropriate weapons. Two days ago, I killed him quick with light spells. So yes, it's still doable. Not sure how it works, or why it works.
    Last time I ran it was 3 days ago, killing him at spawn was not a problem. I vaugly remember a time when dragging him away from spawn was "the way to do it" but it was a long time ago. In my last dozen lifetimes I've killed him at spawn.

My 2 coppers worth, anyway...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    ^This. There are a ton of hints on DM text, plus what the Shadow King tells you, that you can't kill Nsu while he in on the dark. That's why he never leaves his sarcophagus while there is still light on the tomb.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

For a mechanic as stupid as this one, it makes more sense to consider the mechanic itself a bug than otherwise.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    For a mechanic as stupid as this one, it makes more sense to consider the mechanic itself a bug than otherwise.
    Which part of this mechanic is stupid? "You cant hurt the boss until you do X, Y, and/or Z" has been used in games since they made the first Zork.

Quote Originally Posted by Otsegolation View Post
    Which part of this mechanic is stupid? "You cant hurt the boss until you do X, Y, and/or Z" has been used in games since they made the first Zork.
    LOL- Zork... *mem'ries.... light the corners of my mind....*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    LOL- Zork... *mem'ries.... light the corners of my mind....*
    Hit troll with axe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8al0RzkDqgM