Thread: Otto's box

Community Member

Default Otto's box

There is a guy (name and server being withheld) offering to trade an Otto's box for a 2500 TP code. This seems a little fishy to me since the box costs twice as much. One of us would have to trust the other in the deal since the code can't be put in the trade box.

Have any of you done such a deal? Have any of you been burned in such a deal?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewName View Post
    There is a guy (name and server being withheld) offering to trade an Otto's box for a 2500 TP code. This seems a little fishy to me since the box costs twice as much. One of us would have to trust the other in the deal since the code can't be put in the trade box.

Have any of you done such a deal? Have any of you been burned in such a deal?
    i'm assuming he's got the code, and wants the box?

Does he have the box, and wants the code? Or vice versa?

If its the former, maybe someone gave it to him and he has no use for it himself, and just wants to "cash it out" for TP.

If its the latter, then that doesnt really make sense since, as you mentioned, that's a raw deal for whoever sells him a box for half its value.

Community Member

really wish "edit post" was working...ignore that first line, it should have been deleted

Speaking of trust in trade.

Currently the xp stone is bugged. You cannot trade it directly between players.

The only way to trade an xp stone is if the person holding the stone mails the other person his stone.

Here's my xp so far...

Names withheld cuz I respect privacy.

1st otto box: Direct trade for 1 imperial blood, 1 +8 con EE white helm

2nd otto box: Direct trade for 1 imperial blood, 1 +3 greater heart of wood.

3rd xp stone: 1 EE +3 insight int blue, 1 EE +8 con black, 2 million plat. I gave him 1 mill plat first and 1 black. He gave me stone. I gave him the rest.

4th xp stone: 1 imperial blood, 1 mill plat, 10 white, 10 blue, 10 black, 1 FRDS. I gave all first. He mailed stone immediately after.

I guess..... if you're the one wanting the stone. You have to be willing to part with things and trust the other guy more....

But OP, that tp code thing sounds real fishy. Probably better to sell items you can farm back anyways. That case, if you're scammed; At least you only lose in game items you can farm back later.
    Last edited by Dyna-The-Cat; 05-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.