Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Lamannia Downtime

Lamannia will be brought down at 1:30pm EST (GMT -4) for a small update. This is to address a couple of bugs (including those shadow enemies cowering behind barriers)

Community Member

any idea how long it'll be down by chance?

Lamannia is back up and has a new Launcher!

Community Member

Default new launcher

ummm is this why im getting a missing msvcp100.dll file then?
    man i mreally dont want to redownload/install this again lol
    Last edited by wammm; 05-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Community Member

well done, the game updated and now the new quests are not accessable by any toons that have not run them previously as it now says to buy the pack to run the remaining quest of the three i didn't do before the downtime on my monk, my other toon can do all 3 of the new quests as he has previously completed them, it would be great if the store offered the pack but somehow it doesn't despite the fact that these three quests appeared to be f2p before the update.

Hero
    USN(ret)

Actually if you paid attention to the new launcher it has downgraded everyone to non- VIP status. I suspect it is a bug with the new launcher software update

Hero
    USN(ret)

Actually it said non-VIP on the launcher but the character screen says VIP. Really odd.

Community Member

i'm just wondering how/where you're getting the new launcher to work

Hero
    USN(ret)

Shutdown the launcher then relaunched and it just worked. Windows 7 OS if that makes a difference. I haven't tried it on the windows 8 computer.

Community Member

only running a old xp computer, so thinking im s.o.l. for a few days on test then, since i cant even get the launcher to launch after the patch update

Quote Originally Posted by wammm View Post
    ummm is this why im getting a missing msvcp100.dll file then?
    man i mreally dont want to redownload/install this again lol
    Same thing is happening on my computer. Some google suggested perhaps I needed the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable installed (I have 2005 and 2008), but installing that didn't fix this either.

Not really sure how to fix this at this point. I doubt a re-download will help.

Hero
    USN(ret)

BTW The new launcher does a file check then does an update/install of some files. Pandora revisited or a turbine launcher??????I did notice a couple of what appeared to be hiccups during the update. So your problem may be a missing file that it needs so you may have to do a new download install.

Arrow comments on new loader

new launcher is, well, interesting. seems about 25% slower in updating - and unfriendly terms are being used (I understand - but technical geeks won't).

it keeps downloading screens every time I launch it (Win7x64)

cannot press enter to use the 'login' button and the shadow behind 'login' is wrong - and makes it very hard to read. ok - the enter worked - but no visual confirmation that it worked.

Having to select an account ??? really --- more buttons to push in order to get to where I want to go. roadblock.s

other that that - neat. hopes this solves the pando issues.

Still a very VERY long loading screen (initially).

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    Same thing is happening on my computer. Some google suggested perhaps I needed the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable installed (I have 2005 and 2008), but installing that didn't fix this either.

Not really sure how to fix this at this point. I doubt a re-download will help.
    I am not sure if this will work, but after updating to the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable you may have to re-download Lamannia (so it recognizes that change).

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I am not sure if this will work, but after updating to the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable you may have to re-download Lamannia (so it recognizes that change).
    Nevermind :P
    Last edited by quintino; 05-10-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Was able to fix the problem of missing .dll file

Lamannia is back up and has a new Launcher!

There's also something called themes now. Interesting. Tell us more.

I changed 2 of the png's but they never showed up in the login client. The changed images were replaced with originals when the client was started.
    Are these themes something for us to play with?
    Last edited by Marupal; 05-10-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Exclamation VIP STaTUS Change

Why have we been downgraded from vip staus to non vip on lamannia when we have obviously paid for the privlidge of vip?
    wmdearmond

Quote Originally Posted by dearmond View Post
    Why have we been downgraded from vip staus to non vip on lamannia when we have obviously paid for the privlidge of vip?
    It must be a display-only issue. You still have access to things vip's normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Having to select an account ??? really --- more buttons to push in order to get to where I want to go. roadblock.s
    Oh no, the horrors. I wish that select account was in-game, without having to shut down the client all the time. One step forward... now make this in-game, on the login screen please.

As for you... go away.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast