Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HunterScout View Post
    Generally a group who consistently pulls aggro they can't handle and then blames the healer is one that I would pull the "Guildies Calling" card on...
    I refrain from this as I think it would reflect poorly on my guild. Not saying that's your situation but I have seen that pulled by players out-of-the-blue mid-quest. If things are going reasonably well "guildies calling" just means a guild I might try to avoid grouping with if it means they can't be reasonably relied upon.

The OP bowed-out as gracefully as politely anyone should reasonably be able to expect and I'd likely do the same especially if the first room was a near-wipe unless I felt up to the "challenge" of carrying them.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I refrain from this as I think it would reflect poorly on my guild. Not saying that's your situation but I have seen that pulled by players out-of-the-blue mid-quest. If things are going reasonably well "guildies calling" just means a guild I might try to avoid grouping with if it means they can't be reasonably relied upon.

The OP bowed-out as gracefully as politely anyone should reasonably be able to expect and I'd likely do the same especially if the first room was a near-wipe unless I felt up to the "challenge" of carrying them.
    this. I know you're not the one that said you use the guild excuse but this is what im talking about. When people lie like the one you responded to it can reflect poorly on their guild. that is the reason i tell people to stop lying about the reasons you're leaving. if the group is a **** group and there is a valid reason to leave it. Say something to them. Rarely have i ever left a group.

This is why i say something if its not going to work at all. i know when to turn away. We all come on to play the game. We dont play to suffer through **** from other players who REFUSE to get along or are just jerks. Some players are just naturally rude. No one ever said you had to stay with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    One thing i will tell everyone now if you are going to abandon a group tell the truth. STOP lying. i cant stand liars. i would rather tell the group sorry this is not going to work then leave then blame it on isp, guildmates calling blah blah. if you need to lie to leave a group imo you're no better then the players who don't listen. stop candy coating things and players might understand more.
    Seriously. Why make up a lie? Everyone knows you're lying, and there's no point to lying anyway as there are no repercussions for simply saying "I've got other things to do, good luck!" or "Sorry guys, this quest is too hard for us to complete this way", or something similar. I've never understood the whole "guildies calling!" thing. It's kind of insulting and a little embarrassing.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I will add though, that I generally have a low view of people who give up.

I don't want people to stay if they aren't having fun, and I don't want people to feel lke they are being forced to spend a lot of resources...etc.

But just because it gets tough.... and you die... doen't mean you have to be so quick to hit the release button and run back to you ruber guildies.

For one thing, it ain't a wipe until everyone is dead.
    and we used to re-enter all the time even then.

Back to the everyone dead thing.
    I am real good at getting people's stones back to a shrine... sometimes even when I am dead..... trust me.
    Don't be so quick to bail...

It doesn't look good...

It quite often gives the impression that you think the rest of the party is to blame because you died.

In the quest you mention, wipes in the first Drow halway are common.
    Everytime I go into that hall, I watch for signs.
    As soon as I see people start to drop, I run back to the ladder and switch to ranging anything that follows.

Those groups that get past that, usually go on to complete.
    it is also quite common to see people drop group in that first hallway too.

But... I can also say that you are correct.... if they can't handle that hallway, they struggle in the rest of the quest too.

I happen to love a challenge... but many people do not enjoy a real challenging dungeon/PUG.

Anyway, the greater majority of people on my friends' list are people that stuck with it and completed a particulary difficult dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

I was in a group that reminded me of this thread yesterday.

The group had just finished trashing Cabal EH/EN and we move on to Madstone EH (the group leader said we were doing the 3 flagging quests on EH/EN)

Right at the beginning of EH Madstone, in that first tunnel to the first giant, the group leader started swearing that he couldn't believe he wasted his ED. 60 seconds later, he "DC'd".

Well with a strong party of 5 we continued on, figuring he would reconnect, but moments later he "left the part", in other words, swapped to another character.

Fine, 5 strong, keep going. Just after we finished the 2nd seerer he /tell'd and asked to rejoin the party claiming his "router went down". Uh huh, liar, you rage quit, but what the heck, we let him come back.

He finally catches up with us as we are defending the last giant. Everyone else goes on top, he goes on the bottom and dies. I go down, rez him, tell him to come up top with us, he ignores me (the only "healer" in the party who could keep his non-self healing 1000 hp barb ass up) and does on to die alone two more times before he rage quits again. Our caster also thought that was a good time to "go to his sister's party" and left.

4 left in the group, we completed the 3rd giant. We decided to skip the optional as we knew we were sub optimal, and we figured it wasn't worth the resources for us.

It took me 3 SP pots, and I think people burned 2 or 3 rez cakes when we did have one wipe moment, but we completed from there. Was it pretty? Nope. But it was a good group of PEOPLE that stuck together and had fun stubbornly beating that stupid thing despite the quitters who left. It was actually the most interesting quest I've been in for some time.
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

This is a game. When you're not having fun anymore, it's time to go. This group was obviously not fun for the poster. No one has sold their soul or a hard lock on their time when joining a group. Each player does have a right to decide for him/herself when it's not fun and time to go, I think the OP made the right choice for himself, and the others in his group were trying to flame him for leaving rather than face their own bad behavior drove off a decent player.

This is our free time, not our job where we have to work with people we'd rather not.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I happen to love a challenge... but many people do not enjoy a real challenging dungeon/PUG.
    There is a very big difference between a challenging quest, and dragging people through an easy quest that are simply not able to be effective in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I will add though, that I generally have a low view of people who give up.

I don't want people to stay if they aren't having fun, and I don't want people to feel lke they are being forced to spend a lot of resources...etc.

But just because it gets tough.... and you die... doen't mean you have to be so quick to hit the release button and run back to you ruber guildies.

For one thing, it ain't a wipe until everyone is dead.
    and we used to re-enter all the time even then.

Back to the everyone dead thing.
    I am real good at getting people's stones back to a shrine... sometimes even when I am dead..... trust me.
    Don't be so quick to bail...

It doesn't look good...

It quite often gives the impression that you think the rest of the party is to blame because you died.

In the quest you mention, wipes in the first Drow halway are common.
    Everytime I go into that hall, I watch for signs.
    As soon as I see people start to drop, I run back to the ladder and switch to ranging anything that follows.

Those groups that get past that, usually go on to complete.
    it is also quite common to see people drop group in that first hallway too.

But... I can also say that you are correct.... if they can't handle that hallway, they struggle in the rest of the quest too.

Anyway, the greater majority of people on my friends' list are people that stuck with it and completed a particulary difficult dungeon.
    Yeah, but in all fairness to the OP: it's a game. And the actions of the person in question here (the guy sending multiple tells), pretty much spell out someone who is basically a jerk. No one wants to run with a jerk, especially if yor jerki-ness in full bloom. The healer shouldn't have put up with the harassment being shot his way. This is not a one-way street.

I somewhat agree with sticking it out through multiple deaths and so on - I mean, I generally do that as well. But if there are people in the group who are not going to play nice-nice with the rest of the people in the group, then its time you move on.

It's one thing if the guy being a jerk can carry the rest of the party; there is a tradeoff that can be found. It is entirely another when they cannot. Cripes, even if they could carry the rest of the party, having to listen to their nonsense is not what I want to do when I log in and run quests. The same with the OP.

Plus, it sounds to me that, on average, the OP was more than patient.

I hate to say that is comes down to a measure of "reasonableness," as what is reasonable is fairlt relative to the person making the call. The the circumstances in this case were fairly unreasonable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123