Thread: XPAC? or not?

Angry XPAC? or not?

Does anyone else remember the months running up to MOTU? Couldn't move... breathe... read without bumping into it.
    Collectors Edition going on sale... the runup to Beta...

When is the new Expansion pack supposed to be arriving? What's going on?

It is amazing the sorts of thoughts that occur to one in the face of such overwhelming silence?

[tinfoil]
    Why did Fernando let Glin write the yearly mail where People get excited about the future? Could it be that Fernando knew something we didn't?

are they going to migrate our accounts and subscriptions to LOTRO? Without asking us? [/tinfoil]
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

i think they want it to be perfected a lot more then motu. so why release something with tons of issues. that is just my guess. it only said summer so it could be august for all we know

Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    it only said summer so it could be august for all we know
    August is almost only two and a half months away...
    MOTU had much more Hype.

i think they want it to be perfected a lot more then motu. so why release something with tons of issues.
    Why? Because it is DDO. Are we playing the same game?
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Community Member

i think they want it to be perfected a lot more then motu. so why release something with tons of issues. that is just my guess.
    I'll call your guess wrong right now! LOL! Turbine has proven time and time again they can't update anything right the first time......including websites.

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    Does anyone else remember the months running up to MOTU? Couldn't move... breathe... read without bumping into it.
    Collectors Edition going on sale... the runup to Beta...

Obviously the 2nd expansion is not going to happen in 2013.

They are struggling with the enhancement pass.

Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Obviously the 2nd expansion is not going to happen in 2013.

They are struggling with the enhancement pass.
    You do that just means that the enhancement pass won't happen in 2013 right?

To them, xpac=money, so they're going to give you a half finished expansion, and no enhancement pass, just like last time.

I'm hoping that once U18 has arrived we will start to get some info on the xpack. As of right now, we have very little to go on other than it seems to be smaller than MOTU and a bit larger than other adventure packs. Although the xpack is not completed there is some info that could be passed along soon such as how many adventures, raids and wilderness ares will be included. Will there be any additional content like epic destinies released last year? Any new classes, races, destinies? These sort of questions will have to be answered by the time they start taking preorders. If I were to base my preorder decision on the info we have now, I'd just hold onto my money.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    Does anyone else remember the months running up to MOTU? Couldn't move... breathe... read without bumping into it.Collectors Edition going on sale... the runup to Beta...
    Becasue the expansion they're talkign about isnt' near done.. In fact the lead-up Update jsut hit lamania and looks to still be a mess, even by Fernando standards. So the X-Pac is a still far away....
    Sometime in the future... And the erath is rotating...
    It is amazing the sorts of thoughts that occur to one in the face of such overwhelming silence?
    They cant'e ven put out a decent internet forum at the moment... They want people to test on Lamannia for them, and yet they can't even get their chracters over there. Heck, what's the point when their NEW bug reportign tool needs to be bug reported?
    Why did Fernando let Glin write the yearly mail where People get excited about the future? Could it be that Fernando knew something we didn't?
    Becausevery few if anybody cares what Fernando says any more... He's typically wrong, gets excited about huge development black holes such as "Underwater combat" and is part of the big problem with DDO in many peopels opinion, well at least MY opinion. Don't want to sound mean... He's probably a nice enough guy... But it's pretty clear where DDO's problems are and have been for a VERY long time.
    are they going to migrate our accounts and subscriptions to LOTRO? Without asking us?
    Who cares, it't all the same account data base anyway...

I don't care when the xpac arrives, after MotU I won't be buying it. At best, I'll wait for it to go on deep-deep sale just like MotU did, and maybe pick it up at a bargain-bin price. But a preorder or a full-price purchase just won't happen again.

Default My Take on it

My Take on it.
    Update 18 is now on lam with 3 quests. Have done all 3 not to bad. They have already said this is not the expansion.
    I think if there is an Expansion this year it will be late Aug early Sept around the time of PAX West so they can show it off there.
    Think PAX West is Aug 30th.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Last year we were able to pre-order around the end of February, with a release of early June. So, that would put it at around 3.5 months. I am expecting U18 in about two weeks to go live, then a three month build for the expansion releasing mid September.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Last year we were able to pre-order around the end of February, with a release of early June. So, that would put it at around 3.5 months. I am expecting U18 in about two weeks to go live, then a three month build for the expansion releasing mid September.
    LOL, you PAID for tha tstinking pile of dog poo? I'm sorry... LOL It ws simply lookignliek a big mess so I waited a long time and bought it with points I traded for.. If I'm still around when the next bug-pac comes out I'll probably do the same thing.... Giving Turbine MY money at this point makes me want to puke... I gave the imbeciles money every month and than some for 6 years.... No more...

Community Member

I forgot there was even an expansion coming. I had to check the wiki just now to remember what it was.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    LOL, you PAID for tha tstinking pile of dog poo? I'm sorry... LOL It ws simply lookignliek a big mess so I waited a long time and bought it with points I traded for.. If I'm still around when the next bug-pac comes out I'll probably do the same thing.... Giving Turbine MY money at this point makes me want to puke... I gave the imbeciles money every month and than some for 6 years.... No more...
    EDIT to be less snarky:

To each their own, but often it is cheaper to buy it with real money then to spend the time to earn it in game.
    Last edited by chrisdinus; 05-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    even though you are quite jaded about the game and have very good reasons to be. I still dont think motu was that freaking terrible. every game i've ever played has bugs. look they are still going too. :P Just saying. Now its how they handle it or the time it takes to remedy the situation is another thing. I really would like to see the known issue list grow smaller not larger. would just love if one update was fixes even if it was the minor ones so we dont have to see it on the list anymore.

I still give them my money because just like any other game out there. bugs are everywhere :P

it only said summer so it could be august for all we know
    Maybe they mean australian summer.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Artie did it. But he was taken over by an evil from the astrolabe so it really wasnt his fault.

Apply that to Turbine.

Metallica rocked until they got the money/fame bug. Then they tanked and became jerks. But it really wasn't their fault. And evil took over called the music industry.

Apply that to Turbine.

(was gonna make a government reference but decided not to since A) it's against forum rules and B) because I couldn't do it without sounding like I was for one side or the other and for an anarchist, that just wouldn't do.)