Default Anyone willing to help new player with Wizard build?

Looking for some help with a Wizard build. I will probably split time between soloing and small grouping with some friends.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Also, I keep seeing other builds linked in code very neatly. Is there a user created program that helps generate and theorycraft these builds?

Pretty excited to get into the game.
    Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader.

Community Member

Default a little help anyway.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Starting_a_Wizard

http://www.inferussus.com/forums/dow...p?do=file&id=2

http://ddocrafting.info/home/

All three of those links will be helpful for you in one way or another, either now, or down the road.

www.ddowiki.com will be your best friend of all time regarding the game, most especially if you plan on solo'ing a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Thanks again. You have been most helpful today. I truly appreciate your responses.
    Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19kilos View Post
    Thanks again. You have been most helpful today. I truly appreciate your responses.
    I have my moments, you are more than welcome. BTW, did you settle on a server yet?
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

I went with Thelanis.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19kilos View Post
    I went with Thelanis.
    A very good choice if I might say so myself. Mostly good people, and largely helpful people as well.

And Wizzy could be a bit confusing to learn right off the bat, so here are just a few minor tips to help you out along the way:

House J and House P will have your upper level scrolls/inscription materials. Featherfalls apothecary in house J for your spell components, and House of Wizardry in House J for scrolls. Object Desire in house P for other level scrolls not in House J.

Ask in Marketplace in ?a or general chat for a someone to port you to the Portable Hole, and bind your soul there, it has all level spells components, and all level scrolls you can purchase as well (some scrolls are only found in chests). You will need to be grouped with the person, and in a quest to be able to get teleported there.

I personally use 2 scepters on my wizzy for the double set of stats, not a crossbow. This piece of advice will vary by the person giving it.

In the Harbor you can buy low level spell materials at the shop next to, and to the left a bit of the Hammer and Chain. In Marketplace, cross the bridge and there are a couple low level scroll vendors there as well.

You can inscribe any scroll you get at any level to your scroll book at any time, as long as you have the proper inscription materials to do so, but you will not be able to cast any spell that you are not at level to cast.

If you plan to solo with a hireling, read the hireling description, choose warforged hirelings so you can repair(repair heals constructs, warforged are constructs) also make sure when doing this, you have the highest repair spell you can cast on your available to cast. I personally go with Barb for korthos/harbor, fighter for market/house quests at low levels so they can be my tank.

By the time you get out of marketplace/house quests you should have a handle on what to do and how to best use your wizzy.

Most especially, don't be afraid to ask for advice in /a channel. Thelanis has some pretty dang good people on the server, just remember there is a large population of players that like to troll new players in Harbor, I advise stepping into Market when asking for advice, don't get me wrong though, there is also a large number of players willing to tell the trolls where to sit in harbor and help you out as well, just be aware not all advice in Harbor has your best interest at heart.

That is all I got for now, and I hope you enjoy your selection, wizzy can be an extremely powerful class at the upper levels, don't get discouraged at the low levels when you feel weak, you will own things at higher levels.